It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Year Smoker Ready To Quit! Support thread!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Completely agreed!!!
Ever smoke before bed and lay there trying to read but you get the spins while focusing on the book?

Smoking, god why did I start. lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Smoking now for 15 years. I quit once for 8 months.

Dip helps with the urges trust me. For me to quit I had to keep myself occupied. I got addicted to an online game and it kinda took away the cigarette addiction.

Headshots are better the lung rockets !!!!

After the first couple of hours your senses will start to come back, all those sweet smells of summer will rush in and will make you feel alive! I know its
weird for a smoker, but when I quit I was running and "burning off" the urge.
That helped me too.

PS: Smoking, god why did I start. lol - EXACTLY

[edit on 8-7-2009 by R3KR]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

So you gonna go with Greenize and be apart of his support group and give it up to?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

I am not quitting until Friday night at 6pm. I will be working from 8:45 am to 5:45 pm. I will one more after work cig and that is it!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

True! The sad thing is, there is nothing more pleasing to me than a nice smell! But after a cig or two that is all I smell is smoke! Another thing...I wake up in the morning feeling energized...then light the first cig and literally feel the energy drain from me and I suddenly feel tired.

Thats how I feel every morning, I go outside with coffee, and then.. lite up, cant stand it !

Also dont know about you guys, but I spend 8.00 a pack.
Thats 240.00 a month, think of what you can do with that money !

[edit on 8-7-2009 by R3KR]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
What is Dipping Tabacco? I see that you chew it, but what has it to do with dipping?

Copenhagan, Skoal, Kodiak, Cougar and a bunch of other snuffs.

When you utilize these products it is called dipping as you do not chew them.

If you chew them you will have a very bad day.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

hehehehe! Ok I will keep my pack and finish up on Friday as well....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
72 HOURS...that's all you need my friend.

72 Hours and the nicotine drug is gone from your system. Over the first three days this is when you will experience the harsh cravings and the mood swings as your body rejects the absence of the nicotine.

After 72 hours it is no longer a physical addiction as the body is cleansed of the narcotic. From there it becomes a mental addiction only, and mental addictions are nothing to kick, just a matter of change in routine.

I smoked for 16 years, a pack and a half daily at my worst. I quit Nov 3rd 2008 and I have not smoked once since.

After the first week I felt good, my sense of smell returned, my taste buds worked again, my breathing became a little easier. After a month I felt like a whole new person. It was like I had been walking around with the Asiatic flu for 15 years.

For me, I had to get to the point to where I hated being a smoker. I began hating the rancid chemical taste and I began to hate the fact that my clothes and my nice new car smelled like an ashe tray. I started to think deeply about the fact that I was paying $5 per pack to poison myself and in reality KILL myself, so that I can put some fat cat at Phillip Morris into a new Mercedes.

I quit cold ass turkey, no aides, no tricks, just me versus the damned cigarette, and I am proud to say that I have won. I now realize how all of the non smokers in my life used to feel because now the smell of cigarette smoke makes me gag.

You can do it
It is all in your head. Make it through the first 3 days alive and your odds of quitting for good increase 100 fold.

Just remember one thing and that is this - YOU are in control of your decisions.

You do not need or have to smoke.....to quit is nowhere NEAR as difficult as everyone had built it up to be. You just have to be ready and done with it. You never have to smoke another disgusting cigarette again as long as you live

Just $0.02 from a reformed butt head who has been where you are

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

What is Dipping Tabacco? I see that you chew it, but what has it to do with dipping?

Ok.... Interesting. Sorry from Australia, and I have only ever heard of chewing baccy! And that was only from watching movies.
Sorry have to do the question thing again, but obviously these are all alcohol? What is Skoal?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Oh yeah!! There have been times to, that if I sleep in longer than usual...that first cig makes my head buzz!! I have told myself so many times that it was crazy to keep it up and then think..oh well...screw it and light up another one!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Your avatar and your advice is a funny combination.

Not ragging, I just found it ironic.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
72 HOURS...that's all you need my friend.

3 Days of hell ..., not a bad trade off.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Ok.... Interesting. Sorry from Australia, and I have only ever heard of chewing baccy! And that was only from watching movies.
Sorry have to do the question thing again, but obviously these are all alcohol? What is Skoal?

No they are all brands of tobacco.

They are chopped up very fine. Almost as fine as ground coffee. You take a pinch of it and you stick it between your lips and gums, usually in a small area.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I can see where one might contradict the other..lol.

Yeah....I have had more vices than I care to recollect. Smoking is just a nasty and unnecessary habit. It will kill you deader than a doornail.

Someone brought up a great point once to me, and they asked "what do you get from smoking? Why do you smoke if it doesnt make you feel good or get you high?"

And I thought...yeeeaaahhh....good point

link   

So you gonna go with Greenize and be apart of his support group and give it up to?

I would love to be a part of her support group.

If I can muster the will power and throw away the pack I currently have without touching one smoke. I tend to rationalize to myself saying just one more or after this pack so, yeah. God I'm at work and just thinking about smoking after I get off!!!! See talking about it makes me want one. Oh what a tragedy.

link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I have made up my mind and I know that the hardest part is going to be the mental aspect! But, I plan on occupying my weekend by washing all of my walls down and seeing for the first time in years that they are white and not a dingy beige color!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

AAAAHHHHEEEMMM I meant HER

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No, not alcohol, they are what is referred to as "smokeless tobacco" and it is just ground up tobacco plants cured with different flavors.

Dip is more fine than Chew and instead of balling it up and putting it in your cheek to chew on, you just stick a clump of it into your bottom lip and let the nicotine absorb through the blood vessels there.

It's basically chewing tobacco but ground up more fine.

Then there is snuff which is almost a powder, can't stand snuff personally because it gets all over my mouth - but perhaps I'm using it wrong.

link   

We have until Friday 6PM to make the start, as Greenize is starting then!

link   

Good for you!! That is the right attitude. Instead of feeling bad about missing the things you liked about smoking, learn to love the new changes and aspects of NOT smoking.

Throw away the ashe trays in your home, all of the cigarettes (ALL of them) and the lighters.

Do something to make your house and other environments smell nice. Soon you wont miss the nasty habit at all.

Good luck to you...you can do it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join