It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre spectacle of the giant crop murals covering rice fields in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
www.mailonsunday.co.uk:80...

This is way cool!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hahaha, well it's a very nice job nonetheless.

Very cool art.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by prjct

There is no way Humans could it that perfectly. This is obviously the work of ALIENS!

Seriously, that's one awesome "crop circle" .. wonder what gave them the motivation to do such a thing?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow, thats amazing!!! I want to live there..sighs, they're so creative
Ty OP for this, its wonderful!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The aliens could learn a thing or two from these people.

Are you taking notes up there guys!?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
WOW S&F for you friend good find I am amazed at how thies people can plan such a thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yep the Orion ET's did this one.
Check out the EastSidazs reference in bottom left corner

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Undeniable evidence...that im overpaying my gardener.

I cant imagine the work involved..while very beautiful artwork...is the juice worth the squeeze ?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus
I cant imagine the work involved..while very beautiful artwork...is the juice worth the squeeze ?

This is Japan. People do things like this because they want to. Then people come and look at it. Or not. Either way is fine, really. They'll keep doing it forever now - it's become a tradition.

A little east of where I live, there's a smallish mountain that some group of people decided to cover completely with little flowers, all of the same species. It took about a decade, but most of it is done. In the spring, the mountain is pink.

Why? Because.

Is it worth it? That's another question. Is putting up christmas decorations every year worth it?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Quit bringing up aliens.

This is amazing. i hope they never destroy these

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Hey im glad they do it.If i lived there i would definately go to see them.Doing the work to make them is another story.I dont even put up x mas decorations

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
More than 150,000 vistors come to Inakadate, where just 8,700 people live, every summer to see the extraordinary murals.

I cant imagine the work involved..while very beautiful artwork...is the juice worth the squeeze ?-jimstradamus

yeah i think its worth it. people will pay travel far and pay well to see something of beauty, and this is definitly worth the work. Ill have to pay attention to these ppl next year too.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Visually stunning, and very clever!

I have to say that it is certainly a very clever gimick, and one that should help sell a few bags of rice, for whomever thought this one up.

It's still not conclusive proof that crop circles are man made though... pity, because I'd like to know one way or another.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. I'm trying to figure out a conspiracy theory to run with on this one.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just to make one final note, I'm not bothered about aliens being involved on this one.

For me, the interest is in the talent that created these, the hard work and determination to be different.

I have seen pictures such as this in flower-beds before, but this is certainly very clever, and well thought out.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Your answer to why someone would do this ~ tourism money!

Great artwork & I'm sure it's worth the time & energy involved!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
double post

edit

[edit on 9-7-2009 by xsheep]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by jimstradamus

This is Japan. People do things like this because they want to. Then people come and look at it. Or not. Either way is fine, really. They'll keep doing it forever now - it's become a tradition.

A little east of where I live, there's a smallish mountain that some group of people decided to cover completely with little flowers, all of the same species. It took about a decade, but most of it is done. In the spring, the mountain is pink.

Why? Because.

Is it worth it? That's another question. Is putting up christmas decorations every year worth it?

just wanted to say thank you for sharing this

yes christmas decorations are well worth it

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
now that my friends is what you call a piece of art
thanks for sharing OP

top topics

<<   2 >>

join