It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Psychology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I posed this question in another thread of mine, but decided it deserved its own thread.

I have met tons of people who are good people, who are intelligent. MOST people are aware of the dire situation our country and planet are currently in.

So why is it that Humans, individually, are generally good people yet our society has gotten as bad as it has? Why do we live in a world that seeks to destroy itself yet we all want to live and be happy? How can the parts of this world equal a whole that is much different than the whole that we actively see?

It would seem as though the global consciousness is something much more destructive than individual consciousness. Of all the trained professionals and psychologists in this world, why has no one been able to figure out why humans act in such horrible ways on a large scale yet completely opposite on a small scale?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The media makes it seem that some people who riot against injustices caused by the government, seem to be bad people, terrorists even. Even though that they want equality, freedom or a regeime change. It is all politics and media, they are to blame for this and almost all problems in the world.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Understandable. But I am not just talking about riots. I am talking about everything including world wide militaries that threaten nuclear war on eachother. Governments who claim they want peace yet invade other countries and kill countless innocent civilians. That kind of stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Perhaps the 'intelligent' people are just not loud enough. they're too shy. they want to make a difference but are just to afraid to do so.

the rest of society on the other hand are just too dumb to understand those feelings. so they make a lot more noice and are the driving force in society.

The wise are quiet , shy, and meek
the foolish are loud, blunt, and rambunctious

Also you should look into the psychology of mobs, sense that is pretty much society on a much smaller scale.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

You make a good point. If one person sees a ghost, so does all his friends. If one country thinks the world will end, so does the world. You are very right about the smart people being the shy one and it is really a shame that it is that way. I think it's that way cause the idiots of America ridicule the smart people for not being "cool" and getting wasted night after night. So they just stop talking for fear of humiliation. That's in America of course. Since I live in america and have never been outside the country, I do not know how it works elsewhere.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

new topics

top topics

join