It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the relitivty of Earth slowing down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I thought I would take a little bit of time to post somthing on this. Earlier this last month. I and several other happened to notice somthing rather intersting. I am not a astro physic's Major nor do I have a degree in the feild but even I notice when somthing in the sky doesnt look right. Earlier in the last month several people as well as my self noticed that the moon was off of it normal orbit by at least 4 degrees. Normaly during cirten times of the year. The moon has a normal orbit per time of year and last month it oribit was out of allinment this would sugest on of 2 things either that the relitivity of the Earth is slowing down and that is inpacting the Axis of Earth is self which is making the moon appear to be out of orbit. Or it is planet X has anyone else in here seen anything like this in your area.

Falcon

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Can't say i have noticed it myself,
But i saw a programme in england last year about the earth and it said that the moon is shifting away from the earth each year..It will finally shift out of orbit,will take millions of years..
Maybe this has something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No, your measurements are just not precise, I know because earlier I thought that the sun was setting in the wrong place for the time of year...but then I plotted it out on a globe rather than a percieved surface (being more flat) and it was correct.

I think it is simply because we think the sun and moon and all that, is already known, and when we look up and see a slight change we think (that's not normal) but it really is, we just never really look up that much.

No where near as much as the ancients who viewed it EVERYDAY heh...and so to them what was perfectly normal, is still kind of a mystery to us.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I remember something being posted way back when.

It was an article the that stated scientists have confirmed that the Earth's magnetism had suddenly went in "backwards". Noticed first in 1998, it was studied up until early last year and news broke that speculation was correct.

The article never stated why this is now happening. It did however say that scientists are having a hard time bleieveing it is true because it was never have thought to have been possible.

Don't confuse backwards with reverse. The magnetic field of the Earth has been long believed now that we are in a decline of magnetic strength.

DC

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There is a theory that the earths poles will switch, causing some sort of catastrophe, but I don't think that it has happened yet.

XAOS

top topics

join