It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people against the hate crimes bill?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The bill is against whites, heterosexuals, and Christians. It promotes homosexuality so that if you object to it, it's a crime of hate. It favors Hispanics and Blacks so that if you feel the victim of reverse discrimination and complain, you're the racist. It's a bad bill made by liberal elitists to shut the mouth of the white conservative Christian, and anyone that is not Black, Hispanic, or Gay.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Actually I dont think we get superior protection under the law. A poor white man and a poor black man are treated one way under the law, and a rich white man and a rich black man are treated a different way under the law. Even that isnt intentional as much as it is human failing and the rich persons ability to provide a better defense for himself.

Do you think if you killed Nicole Richey and they found your bloody glove at the scene you would have gotten away with it?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It violates several sections of the constitution and effectively sets extra penalties for ‘thought’ crime; if your motive was hate or prejudice (processes of thought and reason) THEN you have committed a ‘hate crime’ that falls under the purview of this bill. Now we have federal mind readers right? Federal Nazi thugs who I have a 'thought crime' for.

link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The bill is against whites, heterosexuals, and Christians. It promotes homosexuality so that if you object to it, it's a crime of hate. It favors Hispanics and Blacks so that if you feel the victim of reverse discrimination and complain, you're the racist. It's a bad bill made by liberal elitists to shut the mouth of the white conservative Christian, and anyone that is not Black, Hispanic, or Gay.

Great point and a star for you. I would even go as far to say that it is really a law that is meant to give special protection to homosexuals, but they just threw in blacks, hispanics, and other races to make it have a broader appeal and to hide that it is driven by those behind the gay agenda.

link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by mikerussellus

I think you're reading a bit too deeply into this. I think you know what kind of hate crime they're referring to. We don't need to be intellectually dishonest here when we're criticizing this bill. I don't think we should make bills about race, or gender... but this bill does nothing that you say that it does.

I just get frustrated especially if I am attacked by a minority person(s) and that isn't considered a hate crime. I just see too much "bias". What ever happened to true equality?

MLK said that a person should be judged by the content of their character not by the color of their skin.

I just think more legislation like this is pointless. What has been done that isn't already illegal?

I also think that we are spending more time focusing on differences than what we have in common.

Just my humble opinion. . .

link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Excuse me? How does this bill promote homoseuality in any way shape or form? Please, it's stuff like that which is why we are said to be schizos.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Please give me one example where some minority is harmed and it isnt already a crime to harm them just because they are human.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

That's no doubt true... but... not that many hate crimes are against poor whites. What is undeniable is that there are hate crimes against blacks and other minorities.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Yeah white guys never get there asses beat by black or hispanic guys just because they are white.

Why dont you go to the ghetto in a large city in the middle of the night just to prove there are no hate crimes against whites.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's nothing more than a manipulation of of their already manipulated laws to give more punishment to the disobedient and more crushing powers to their overinflated egos.

I am experiencing this first hand by the NY state court system. I am going to trial tommorrow for an alleged assault I never commited.

They ALWAYS trump up the charges so you will cop a plea, In my case they allege it was racially motivated and are trying to scare me into copping a plea bargain by claiming I'm facing 15 years.

Now I ask you....if I commited this assault (which I didn't) and am facing 15 years......why would I not cop a plea for a felony and a year sentence of which I would serve 8 mos?

In my early years I was no stranger to jail and I have been alcohol, drug and jail/prison free for over 10 years by my own choice and not a court mandate...I would have taken a year willingly if I did it because I have copped a plea for 2 years when facing 7.

As a matter of fact I was ALMOST willing to take the year for something I didn't do because I know how screwed the system is but they wanted to charg me with a felony.

Point is if you never have been in the system you don't know how TRULy effed up it is unless you're working for it. It's all injustice and people are doing big time for petty crimes while our GOV't is committing atrocities right before the worlds eyes and suffer no consequences.

I have absolutely NO RESPECT for manmade laws and the people who apply them. As far as I'm concerned, manmade law is just a terrorist tactic used to create revenue and ensure their control and dominance over the masses.

In all honesty I believe EVERYONE should have to walk in another man's shoes especially when they are passing judgment which has a detrimental outcome to another's lif amnd the life of their families involved.

I will only see justice prevail when every last agencies dominating, controlling, judgment passing, power hungry,thieving, self obsorbed murderous scumbags are rightfully put to death.

I apologize, but as you could probably never imagine what it must feel like to deal with this for going on 2 years and as I sit hear looking at my children... it infuruates me with a hateful rage for these people to think of what and how bad the outcome could be for my family.

I can deal with anything which comes my way but my family shouldn't hev to be dealt this injustice since I have turned my life around before they were born.The results could be disaterous and extremely detrimental to the future outcome of the adults my children become.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It is not a positive bill, like to me after the learning of some stuff, it seems to me that this bill, is a link in a greater chain.

If kill different Race> hate crime >more jail time

then the next bill will say

kill one lwith less Intelligence > Knows better > more jail time

or

Poor kills rich > Propotionate value to society > more jail time

why?
See ahead of the curve guys, Fk what they feed you now, ITS WHAT THEY WILL FEED YOU TOMMOROW!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
BTW LMAO at he GO into the ghetto at night comment

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Excuse me? How does this bill promote homoseuality in any way shape or form? Please, it's stuff like that which is why we are said to be schizos.

By supporting resistance against people that think homosexuality is repulsive. By defending a sexual preference. I guess I should be saying that it defends homosexuality against those who disagree with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Because, as many posters have alluded to - it's essentially the Thought Police. If you can't understand that, then no amount explaining will suffice.

Every crime is a "hate" crime. What's next, the "Pre-Crime" Division like Minority Report?

Enough. Get out of my head Big Brother.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I just wonder if this law passes, that if a pastor gets up and reads the parts of the Bible that say homosexuality is vile and homosexuals should be stoned, even if he is not supporting the idea of that, if he is then guilty of a hate crime? Also, I am not condoning violence against people just because they are homosexuals.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by badmedia

Murdering people and thinking thoughts are two different things.

Your thoughts=what you think about
Your actions=what you do in the real world

Thoughts are different from actions.

Which is exactly my point. As these actions themselves are already illegal, it is the thoughts that are being made illegal now.

I think racism and such is plain out ignorant and stupid. I think it sucks that people can't see others in terms of individuals rather than groups. But equally as dumb is thinking that making laws like this is going to help or anything. It only goes to further divide people, and it will just cause people to hide things, or others to get blamed for it falsely.

Does this make love crimes legal? Is "I killed them because I loved them" really any different than "I killed them because I hated them"?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Does this make love crimes legal? Is "I killed them because I loved them" really any different than "I killed them because I hated them"?

Great point about love crimes.

Well if they were white and straight, it wouldnt matter under this law if you killed them, you would just get the regular punishment and not the bonus punishment

[edit on 8-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Bonus Punishment hahahahahahahah

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

How about an interracial couple and they get into an altercation and the cops get called and one of them goes to jail.

Now lets just assume that the man is white and the female is black, now even though they are married or dating the man can be charged with a hate crime. Because the man and woman didn't call the cops and the neighbors did he could be facing a felony and 10 years just because he is white and while in an argument with one another it go a little too loud.

This bill is strictly against the constitution. Also about the homosexuals, they are not all peace loving and keeping to themselves. In fact I remember when prop 8 get voted down, they started to riot and yell at people.

So me being white, I'm walking down the street and this guy being mad at the world gets up in my face and takes a swing at me, even though I am defending myself and I beat his a_ _ I get charged for a hate crime.

Can you not see how this is not a thought crimes bill yet? If you can't see it by now then you won't ever see it until you get put through the system simply because you are white, and someone from one of the protected classes decided they don't like you and makes up a story about you and you get arrested. Which I hope it doesn't ever happen to you because as mentioned above the system is really really screwed up.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I don't quite understand... why there is a lot of talk against this bill.

We have a Federal Government that is increasing it's authority and jurisdiction at an alarming rate. This legislation is another example of a significant increase in those areas.

Those that would argue first Amendment issues have a point. However I fail to see why no one ever argues Tenth Amendment concerns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join