It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug helps monkeys, rabbits survive anthrax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Drug helps monkeys, rabbits survive anthrax

www.news.com.au

AN experimental antibody treatment helped rabbits and monkeys survive a deadly dose of anthrax bacteria and proved safe in humans, too, researchers at Human Genome Sciences said.

The company has already delivered 20,000 doses of ABthrax to the US Strategic National Stockpile for emergency use in the event of an anthrax attack.

The Rockville, Maryland-based company began the research after attacks in 2001 in which anthrax-laced letters were sent to journalists and politicians, killing five.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nah, forget anthrax attacks, they're old school! A little white powder to stop some politicians poking around was quite convenient back in the day.

Obama is gearing up for nuclear terror threats now.

I'm no expert on bio-warfare, but wouldn't this drug make anthrax useless, provided the drug could be easily dispensed to all. It's good to see that we'll be prepared for when the next country with WMD is ready to terrorise us all.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Anthrax is a serious issue aside from just terrorism...

I just moved and there Is naturally occurring Anthrax in the soil and I am spending big time in the outdoors and my kids live up here too

Star and Flag...

This is good to know... good news indeed

new topics

join