It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to SARS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
shrug if I cant convince you, I cant convince you
but I'm 100% sure that it's not a government thing, sorry

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
100% huh? How? Give me some evidence proving my theory otherwise, besides your ramblings...

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
100% huh? How? Give me some evidence proving my theory otherwise, besides your ramblings...

Mr. M

Well can you give us some proof first seeing as this is your thread do you have proof that its govt linked? Browha isnt rambling noone knows really how SARS is transmitted, so please Mr.M give us links first

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

yeah, all you're doing is rambling as well. i haven't seen any evidence supporting your statements.

as for governments introducing the following diseases... i'll just give you some links. i'm just posting excerpts. also, all of these links were either first, second, or third on google when searching for "history of *problem here*"

1) Birth Control
2) Abortion
3) HIV
4) STD's in general
5) Cancer
6) Diabetes
7) SARS

*i changed "7) Diseases in general" to "7) SARS"

Birth Control
inventors.about.com...

The birth control pill was introduced to the public in the early 1960s. Birth control pills are synthetic hormones that mimic the way real estrogen and progestin works in a women's body. The pill prevents ovulation - no new eggs are released by a women on the pill since her body is tricked into believing she is already pregnant.

Abortion
www.hopeclinic.com...

a history of abortion dating back from 2600 BC until the present day. so are you suggesting the government of whoever implemented aborition from millenia to keep the population down for today?

HIV
www.aegis.com...

Some scientists believe HIV spread from monkeys to humans between 1926 - 1946. Recent research indicates HIV most probably first jumped from chimpanzees to humans as early as 1675 and didn't establish itself as an epidemic strain in Africa until 1930.

STD's in general
this is too broad of a search for google and i'm too lazy to search for specific ones. if i remember correctly STDs have been around for ages. even kings and queens of europe have died of STDs like syphilus and ganerea.

Cancer
www.cancer.org... he_history_of_cancer_72.asp?sitearea=CRI

Cancer develops when cells in a part of the body begin to grow out of control. Although there are many kinds of cancer, they all start because of out-of-control growth of abnormal cells.

Normal body cells grow, divide, and die in an orderly fashion. During the early years of a person's life, normal cells divide more rapidly until the person becomes an adult. After that, cells in most parts of the body divide only to replace worn-out or dying cells and to repair injuries.

Because cancer cells continue to grow and divide, they are different from normal cells. Instead of dying, they outlive normal cells and continue to form new abnormal cells.

Diabetes
www.diabetes.ca...
this is a timeline of diabetes dating from 1552 BC to the present day.

SARs
www.asean-disease-surveillance.net...

a site from mid 2003 listing information about SARs.

EDIT: forgot the cancer and diabetes links.

[Edited on 5/7/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
SARS is being found to transmit in multiple ways.

www.drudgereport.com...

The SARS virus has been found in sweat glands and the intestine, according to a new study, which says that in theory the disease may spread via contaminated sewage, food or even a handshake, not just by airborne droplets.

Pathologists from the First Military Medical University in Guangzhou, southern China, warn that if further research proves that Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) can be transmitted by these unexpected routes, the implications for public health are major.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by titian]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I heard on the news the other day that there have been a few cases reported in china.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yes, SARS is back. Whether it's the Coronavirus mutation or just another respitory system affect I am not sure yet, but certainly something that affects the respitory system is back/here

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Everytime I get sick with a cough I tell everyone to stay away cuz I got SARS.

I got banned from a frat house one time while under the influence of psychedellics because I was coughing and telling everyone they are gonna have SARS because of me. I thought it was funny as hell but the frat brothers didnt have the same sense of humor and tried to commit to the looney bin.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Actually, the supreme court APPOINTED the current administration. Majority of the people my @$$.

As far a SARS......

SARS is a rediculous over reaction. Does anyone here have ANY idea how many people die from the common flu every year in the US alone?? about 30,000. Thats right, 30,000. All this hoop lah about sars is our media INFLUENCING us and taking our attention from the IMPORTANT issues such as the whole Iraq scenario. It was also another way to give us anoter reason to hate China. SARS is NOTHING compared to cancer or diabetes. The huge SARS scare last year was drawing everyone's attention away from something else.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
SARS was as big as anthax. There is always stories that are hyped up in the media. MOST people do not die form SARS.

Here are examples of media overblow (as I like to call it)

The Elisabeth Smart Case
Many children get lost. When the news was reporting it was seemed like it was a typically kidnappin

Sharks
Sharks don't usually attack humans. They overblew this one too.

Anthrax
There is much more dangerous things in the world than Anthrax

And finally SARS
SARS
Good story when you have nothing else to report.
Sars is not deadly at all. In fact I would gladly inject my arm with SARS to prove it is not deadly.
It only kills fat people, babies, and old people.

Stay in shape!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
SARS was actually started by civet cats in Guangzhou as stated earlier noonr knows really how it is transmitted.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Population control is happening all across the world. Even in America, it is happening... What makes you think China wouldn't do it? Seriously, they wouldn't just kill a bunch of people. The rest of the world would raise hell...

Mr. M

At the risk of sounding naive...I don't think any country would actually use population control in the form of so dangerous a disease as SARS...or even AIDS. For one thing, everyone is trying to build their own country to be the strong and secure place they all want it to be. So why would they destroy their goals?
Who then is responsible for spreading these rumors and making it sound as though the people are against the people? The fact is that if the people are the neutrals in all of this, or that they are being the reciprocators in this kind of vehement act, why would they 'start' any of this kind of attitude or behaviour? I don't believe it is the people of planet earth planting these thoughts about population control.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Absolutely! It was what I was saying when the SARS outbreak was at it's peak! It is only fatal to those who dont go to a hospital and who are weak and old!
SARS isnt much of a killer virus that everyone has made it out to be.. standard pneumonia treatment works fine on it

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha

Dont try to claim America is into population control when there is no solid proof about it...
Abortion and Birth control... it's not like the American government is going around saying 'You're having an abortion tomorrow', well to my knowledge anyway...
Most STDs have been around longer than America has... HIV originated in Africa, from someone hitting it off with a monkey
Cancer isnt REALLY caused by a virus or anything, they tried to find it in the 70s/80s to no success, it's caused by a whole host of factors so you cant really blame the American government

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
AAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Excellent. Thank-you. Give me some thought. The birth control pill was created so humans could have more freedom with their pleasures toward sex. The women of the past use to have to go get abortions when found with an unwanted child, or to go hide away somewhere and have a child they didn't want. Hello adoption clinic! Move over abortion clinic. No, women or men do not want to see children born out of their lust. So they have created a scientific pill which will prevent the present, or now past, ugliness. While we figure out in the NOW present or the coming future how to control our sex drive to keep it towards caring and love instead of sex because of lust. Give the humans a break maaaan. They get a chance to do their own thing too!

So? Who, and what and why are 'they' using population control? Is it a manifesting of their power over us through...fear? Are there rumors being spread because they know they could easily get into that field of duty since humans are still occupied by their desire and lust for rumor spreading? And so this would be a most ideal way to spread their own plans through our kind of existence? Easy.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I bet SARS like Avian flue and Mad Cow disease is a result of practices in the poultry and meat industry

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Seriously, they wouldn't just kill a bunch of people. The rest of the world would raise hell...

Mr. M

This was my thinking too before Tienement (sp) Square.
To me, that was a major eye opener on how far we really have come. Not very far. I was Graduating from High School when that happened. I thought for sure the world would stand up to China over this....boy was I wrong. When the tanks moved in and started to kill the students...and the world watched and was helpless to do anything

sorry, was an off the topic rant

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
# Nov is going to interesting ..

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Opus]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What do you mean? and why did you edit it?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just getting back to SARS, it is a serious threat and probably mutating as we speak.
"However, WHO experts and the Chinese authorities are still trying to determine the exact cause of the outbreak."
www.who.int...
I am also very concerned re:
www.who.int...
I hope the above is not a new strain of Ebola.

Sanc'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join