It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test tube sperm and the end of men?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What if men are being phased out by a group of powerful lesbian women, like the 7 Sisters or something?

All this science jacking with peoples reproductive systems is really getting on my nerves.

Scientist, universities and the politically correct are moving us to new lows.

Guarantee there will be those who think this is a good thing.

[url=http://timesonline.typepad.com/science/2009/07/test-tube-sperm-and-the-end-of-men-the-clue-is-in-the-question-mark.html]timesonline.typepad.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

Dude, I wouldn't worry about it, women may say they hate us, but when it comes down to passion time at 12:00 I think they'd like a nice bod warmin up to them in bed.

Really how romanticizing could it be "hey doc, yeah just stick it up there lets see what happens, c'mon baby'.

Plus, who else is really going to build that patio deck?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well honestly, looking at it again, I wonder if this would hurt the hormone system in the new offspring?

Just a question, we aren't all that good at genetics, I mean, if I lose a leg, they can't get me a knew one (I'd like to think because religious people think that's taking it to far) and well I like my legs

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sorry but I prefer to make babies the old fashioned way.
2nd line

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Because men serve no purpose other than to produce and implant sperm, right?

What's the opposite of misogyny? Or does such a term even exist? In any event I wouldn't worry about lesbians taking over the world and eliminating men.

I'm not completely sure about the implications of this, because honestly I don't understand all of the science behind it. I guess creating lab sperm is one step closer to human genetic engineering, which could be both terrible and excellent, depending on your perspective.

For me, I believe the natural way is usually the best way.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
lol, lesbian babys!

not a one liner.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Dude, I wouldn't worry about it, women may say they hate us, but when it comes down to passion time at 12:00 I think they'd like a nice bod warmin up to them in bed.

Really how romanticizing could it be "hey doc, yeah just stick it up there lets see what happens, c'mon baby'.

Plus, who else is really going to build that patio deck?

HAAA I almost spit my dinner out laughing. This is just too funny! Thanks for the laugh and yes I agree! I would rather have a person next to me!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why stop at the sperm? We could take SEX in general COMPLETELY out of the picture! Stem Cells could make an EGG!

Penis? No need remove it. Vagina? No need remove it. Breasts? Bye Bye.

Androgyny here we come!

No more fighting over a stolen mate! No more dominant or territorial disagreements due to everyone having the same amount of the same type of hormones.

EVERYONE is a potential mating partner! Oh wait no need to mate. Well pleasure partner I guess?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I totally had to star you for the patio statement.. hilarious lol

I don't think there's a real agenda here, but as with anything, anything is possible heh... but I think there are far too many women who enjoy their men-folk still around to keep such a thing from happening any time soon

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Don't worry guys women will always need us. . . to take out the trash, get the spider out the bath, mow the lawn and most of all to nag at, at that time of the month that we blokes call "The End Of Days. . . "

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f09dbad6fb5037dd.jpg[/atsimg]

I couldn't imagine a world full of this...

"This doin it for ya baby??"

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Because men serve no purpose other than to produce and implant sperm, right?

What's the opposite of misogyny? Or does such a term even exist? In any event I wouldn't worry about lesbians taking over the world and eliminating men.

I'm not completely sure about the implications of this, because honestly I don't understand all of the science behind it. I guess creating lab sperm is one step closer to human genetic engineering, which could be both terrible and excellent, depending on your perspective.

For me, I believe the natural way is usually the best way.

The term you are looking for is misandry or something like that. You're right on the lesbian part, because, lets face it, could lesbians really pose a threat when upwards of 95% of combat troops are male? I could totally stop a massive genocide by an insane lesbian terrorist cell. It'd be like Halo, but without lasers.
No Pew Pew for me.

Also, analysts are saying that the science behind it is not completely clear or viable, kind of like that South Korean cloning case.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Dnevnoi]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The World will always need men. Not for any special reasoning.

Just that Women would miss them as their playthings.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I sure hope the test tube knows how to hold down a job...

They arrest you these days if you don't pay child support

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Adam sat forlorn and despondent in the Garden of Eden when G-d happened by and said “Adam what is wrong?”

Adam replied “I am lonely G-d when you are not around I have no one to talk to, I wish there was another”

G-d in his great wisdom (and knowing he was getting to take a six thousand year vacation he no longer had the heart to tell Adam about) replied…”Adam you need a mate”.

Adam perked up a little and asked “A mate G-d? What is a mate?”

G-d replied “Adam you are a man whom I made in my own image, but I could make another for you who would not be a man but a woman to be your mate”

Adam perked up a little more and asked “What is a woman G-d?”

G-d replied “A woman is a fair and gentle beautiful creature, who is soft and sensual, loving and devoted, when you are tired she will soothe your brow and sing you to sleep, when you are aching she will massage your body and restore it to vigor, when you are hungry she will cook and prepare for you magnificent meals and serve them to you, she will always make mad passionate love to when ever you want, she will never demand anything of you and never argue with you or deny you any request, she will laugh at any joke you tell, always speak highly of you, never complain or cry, and will make your life here on Earth in my Garden of Eden complete”

“Wow” Adam replied “That sounds great…what does something like that cost G-d?”

G-d smiled wistfully and pondered this a moment and then replied “Oh probably an arm and a leg”

Adam was a bit taken back and thought a moment and replied “What can I get for a rib?”

The rest is history.

Don’t worry the New Coke idea didn’t go over well, people always want the Classic.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Adam sat forlorn and despondent in the Garden of Eden when G-d happened by and said “Adam what is wrong?”

Adam replied “I am lonely G-d when you are not around I have no one to talk to, I wish there was another”

G-d in his great wisdom (and knowing he was getting to take a six thousand year vacation he no longer had the heart to tell Adam about) replied…”Adam you need a mate”.

Adam perked up a little and asked “A mate G-d? What is a mate?”

G-d replied “Adam you are a man whom I made in my own image, but I could make another for you who would not be a man but a woman to be your mate”

Adam perked up a little more and asked “What is a woman G-d?”

G-d replied “A woman is a fair and gentle beautiful creature, who is soft and sensual, loving and devoted, when you are tired she will soothe your brow and sing you to sleep, when you are aching she will massage your body and restore it to vigor, when you are hungry she will cook and prepare for you magnificent meals and serve them to you, she will always make mad passionate love to when ever you want, she will never demand anything of you and never argue with you or deny you any request, she will laugh at any joke you tell, always speak highly of you, never complain or cry, and will make your life here on Earth in my Garden of Eden complete”

“Wow” Adam replied “That sounds great…what does something like that cost G-d?”

G-d smiled wistfully and pondered this a moment and then replied “Oh probably an arm and a leg”

Adam was a bit taken back and thought a moment and replied “What can I get for a rib?”

The rest is history.

Don’t worry the New Coke idea didn’t go over well, people always want the Classic.

Making fun of God?
Not a good idea.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Ha Ha Ha! that really funny!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Udontknowme

Making fun of God?
Not a good idea.

Not having a modicum of a sense of humor?
Not a good idea.

Ahh well... even God laughs... look at the platypus.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Jomina]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I was actually not too worried about lesbians taking over the world. My true reason for this thread is... why? WTF. Why are they even wasting time on this crap.

But when it comes to making fun of God. I get all serious. It is offensive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join