It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD narcotics detective suicide?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by Jakes51

Interesting. You touched on some points, though she was far from a dirty cop, in my opinion of course.

This could be a potential scandal brewing for the LAPD on the scale of the Rampart Scandal given her position in narcotics.

Think of potential scandal on a MUCH larger scale, perhaps a local investigation with national and international implications, involving high level corruption with ties to American crime syndicates, Mexican and South American drug cartels, Asian drug exports, extortion, murder and more...

Just a theory, of course.

Well the larger scale scandal could be a possibility as you state? Lately, I am under the assumption that anything is possible with our government. There has been allegations of the CIA and other government agencies creating the crack epidemic in the inner-cities of America to help fund the Contras in Latin America in the 80's.

On December 20, 1985, these and other charges were laid out in an Associated Press article after an extensive investigation which included interviews with "officials from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Customs Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Costa Rica's Public Security Ministry, as well as rebels and Americans who work with them." Five American Contra supporters who worked with the rebels confirmed the charges, noting that "two Cuban-Americans used armed rebel troops to guard coc aine at clandestine airfields in northern Costa Rica. They identified the Cuban-Americans as members of the 2506 Brigade, an anti-Castro group that participated in the 1961 Bay of Pigs attack on Cuba. Several also said they supplied information about the smuggling to U.S. investigators." One of the Americans "said that in one ongoing operation, the coc aine is unloaded from planes at rebel airstrips and taken to an Atlantic coast port where it is concealed on shrimp boats that are later unloaded in the Miami area."[3]

en.wikipedia.org... aine_trafficking_in_the_US

There was also a mysterious suicide associated with this scandal. Accomplished investigative Reporter, Gary Webb, a potential whistle blower was silenced by suicide. He compiled a series of investigative reports called "The Dark Alliance," which chronicled allegations of the CIA's involvement in the crack trade while a reporter for the San Jose Mercury News in 1996. After his reports reached the masses his career went down the tubes. Apparently, there may have been some truth to his investigation and it rattled the government establishment. His suicide to this day stinks of foul play. Below is the actual autopsy report from 2004 when he died.

Facing a barrage of calls from the media and the public, the Sacramento County Coroner's Office issued a statement Tuesday confirming that former investigative reporter Gary Webb committed suicide with two gunshots to the head.

"The cause of death was determined to be self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head," the coroner's statement said.

web.archive.org...

Here is a link to Mr. Webb's profile and you will see that the man was clearly a professional and not a hack.

en.wikipedia.org...

Below is the complete "Dark Alliance," series and an investigative report that puts some meat to your speculation about the possibility of police officer knowing way to much about her masters' dirty laundry and as result taking her own life or being murdered in the process.

www.narconews.com...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Below is the complete "Dark Alliance," series and an investigative report that puts some meat to your speculation about the possibility of police officer knowing way to much about her masters' dirty laundry and as result taking her own life or being murdered in the process.

www.narconews.com...

Interesting post, and links.

I have been on the run, so to speak, and will be headed into the greater San Fransisco area in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

There is a possibility that a new investigation can be launched soon, and depending on that outcome there may be a opportunity to be more forthcoming with facts and materials related to what may be going on here.

A long journey will reach a conclusion soon, a new beginning awaits, the ultimate reward; escape.

I've made it too far to turn back now.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
More ambiguity?

Let me be clear (er) in my vagueness.

I have long been the kind of person who's curiosity would often lead to trouble. I got myself involved in a bad situation have have nearly exhausted every possible way out of it.

I know this one is going to end badly eventually, but I need to leave as many clues as possible so that in the likely event of my untimely death or disappearance my will along with many clues will lead to the truth.

Sometimes hiding in plain sight makes perfect sense!

Publicly posted words can be used in a court of law?

It would be easy now to simply post everything I have, but without an investigation by legitimate authorities with conclusions, indictments and legal proceedings it would be pointless.

It is in the hands of a new team now, one that hopefully cannot be touched by them.

It is done.

You've made a monumental mistake this time.

I'm going home!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

This thread is retarded just like your top secret style "i'm a secret agent" "on the run" "important type" style of posting. It got old REAL quick! Just talk like normal and quite the BS....

She killed herself...ok and? Bottom line if the job is THAT stressful or you feel your not liking the things your seeing...TRANSFER to a different division or leave the LAPD and go work somewhere else. Or go into a new career field. And if she WAS dirty then so be it. Bottom line she took the cowards way out....this is NOT news worthy, or worth ATS time.....

[edit on 7/16/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

This thread is retarded just like your top secret style "i'm a secret agent" "on the run" "important type" style of posting. It got old REAL quick! Just talk like normal and quite the BS....

So quick to judge?

Actually I am retarded, I must be.

I am nothing, nor did I claim to be a "secret agent" ... I am.. in this context a theorist.

She killed herself...ok

Wow, and you reached this conclusion on your own, without any investigation at all?

Bottom line if the job is THAT stressful or you feel your not liking the things your seeing...TRANSFER to a different division or leave the LAPD and go work somewhere else.

She gave no indications either recently or in the past that she was stressed, in fact currently publicly available evidence supports the contrary. Though I'm sure that story will change far from the initial reports.

Perhaps she recently got involved in a high risk investigation and got too close to the truth?

And if she WAS dirty then so be it. Bottom line she took the cowards way out....this is NOT news worthy, or worth ATS time.....

Are you in the LAPD, or law enforcement of any kind?

From the shadows they come forward.

If this isn't ATS worthy I am sure they will get rid of it, which would make you happy?

It isn't important for now anyway.... BUT! it will be in time, and one way or the other that will find its way back on ATS.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well, they didn't get rid of it yet, nor have you answered my questions, which is fine, you are not compelled by law to be truthful.

Since this is still here for now, I'll leave with some last thoughts for now.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/239c05df4b93.jpg[/atsimg]

All of the above are the reasons that corruption is so successful in YOUR agencies... It is how cases are controlled, it is exactly why it is nearly impossible for someone on the outside trapped in a web of crime and corruption to have a real investigation launched in order to gain freedom from threats. You have all of the power, that kind of power is by nature corrupt. You have over decades built the perfectly corruptible system. You have agents and agencies that are fully aligned with criminal organizations and are completely immune to any kind of investigation and/or justice... When someone attempts to investigate, they are quickly shut down, and you have all of the means and legal shielding to not only end an investigation, but to eliminate everything and everyone involved, if necessary.

It isn't over with yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
One last thing, you know who I am, you know where I am, you know what this is all about, and you should know by now, yours is not the only eyes watching all of this.

Try to take me in again, if you dare.

Once the investigation is complete, everything will be made public, and hopefully changes will be made.

Yep, there is a lot of dirt under that rug.

DD @ PCT

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, I have been on the road for several days and been through hell and back along the way.

The latest is that she was laid to rest apparently without too many questions or any investigation. Somehow a letter has miraculously surfaced which may explain her sudden unexpected suicide. She had a bad interview.

Before her suicide, Los Angeles Police Department Detective Susan Clemmer had aced a job interview with Gangs and Narcotics Captain Kevin McCarthy, leaving him deeply impressed with her education, passion and talent.

He arrived at his office the next day to find a letter on his desk.

“It was from Susan, apologizing because she felt she had let me down in the (interview),” McCarthy recalled to more than 100 people gathered at Clemmer’s memorial service at the Eternal Valley mortuary chapel on Thursday. “She really thought she did a bad job in the interview, when, in fact, she couldn’t have done better.”

His was one of several stories told by colleagues and relatives that painted a picture of a sensitive and caring but guarded woman who always put others first and poured herself into her work.

Clemmer, 41, of Valencia, killed herself on July 6 in the lobby of the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station. It stunned those who knew her.

“She would never tell people if she was having a problem,” said Detective Lisa Wong, a close friend and detective in Clemmer’s unit.

www.the-signal.com...

The blanket is almost fully over this one.

Well done.

Case closed?

Maybe as far as the public is concerned it is indeed. It could also be a new beginning, one which is far from the control of the feds or the LAPD.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is what happens when a shred of conscience hits a narc....they implode from all the evil they have done...all the friendships and families they have ruined...all in the name of the totally failed and bogus ' war on drugs'.

Maybe she finally repented for her ways and knew that the only honorable thing to do was show her sincere sorrow for her misdeeds by taking her own life. If so, kudo's to her. If not, then it is just one less narc , and thats always a good thing.

Either way, she will no longer play the game of deceit and treachery and corruption that all narcs play, and that is a positive. I don't see a down side to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join