It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just amazing, Guy can boil water with his own energy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

LOL, after watching the second part of the video, he "demonstrates" how he can make himself lighter by walking over paper.

G, you know what would convince me that he's lighter? Standing on a scale, in a doctors office, by himself, in the nude. If he can go from 200 pounds to 180 pounds, i'll believe him.

Distributing weight over paper doesn't prove a thing, other than this guy is full of $#!*

I have seen and participated in this practice first hand. I was 16 at the time. A little chinese man came and did a very cool presentation at our martial arts school. Afterwards he did some exercises with us. He asked me to pick him up by the armpits, which I did quite easily. Then he took a very average stance, focused, and asked me to try again, but I was unable. He told me to get help. 4 grown men could not move that little man from his spot!

There were no tricks involved, no magic, no illusions, just extremely focused energy. He was also able to "explode" bricks with what seemed like light taps from his palms! We are capable of much more than we are aware of!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Waste not your time on the skeptic. The only one who can remove a skeptics blinders is the skeptic himself or herself. To argue your point with someone who thinks Science is the final word is a moot point and a waste of ATS cyberspace. Move along sheeple nothing to see here except what MSM or Science says is true...KNOWUTIMEEN? As far as Chi goes I firsthand cannot say it exists for a fact but I believe in it for the simple fact that meditation has changed my life in every possible way. Meditation opens doors to numerous realms and you start to see reality for what it really ISN'T. Mankind as of 2009 has been stripped of any potential he may have one day achieved with the exception of a few monks and ATSers or so it seems. The Awakening has begun and Skepticism is on the rise as well. Negativity is what holds you back even if its from someone who says 'Science says thats a no no.' Do not try to convince anyone but yourself, but when and if possible give confirmations to the like-minded.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow, this thread is hilarious and entertaining. I never realized how many people on ATS are martial arts experts and visit remote monasteries only reachable by climbing mountains. Here I thought they are all nerdy conspiracy people or trippy new age hippies.

I once saw a chi master named Criss Angel make himself lighter and walk across water.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Pretty awesome, just shows how powerful the mind is. I found this while I was browsing for amazing people
Magnetic Man

its pretty amazing... makes me wonder.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I won't go into detail on my opinions on Eastern mysticism since they are just that, my opinions. I do find what these masters do very impressive, but I see little that cannot be explained rationally and I am not convinced that the 'little' remaining could not be a result of clever illusion. Nevertheless, I maintain an open mind!

I find it interesting though that no one has yet mentioned (regarding the OP movie specifically) the well-known thermobaric properties of aluminium... Aluminium will react violently with alkalis such as sodium or potassium hydroxide. It is the reaction that occurs when crystal Drano is contacted by water for instance. So long as it is dry, there is no reaction. When wet, a reaction proceeds that is very exothermic (hot). Get him to do it using old fashioned tin foil and see how hot things get!!

In addition, how was the FLIR camera calibrated? Presenting the warmer regions as white gives the impression that there is great heat involved, whereas in reality it could be less than a degree. This video at least is just a text book case of providing 'just enough' information to leave unanswered questions. If it could be proven unequivocally then they would have done so - not carried out some back room poorly controlled demonstration...

Nothing against alternative theorrys - I just hate poor experimental design!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to agree with Kaytagg on this one. I would imagine this would be amazing if true, but I think it's just an illusion. If he was producing that heat from his hands, then where are his burn marks from such temperatures like 202? There was no controlled environment, except some "expert" with an IR camera. That was just as "controlled" as stepping onto stage with Chris Angel or any other magician on their turf. If they went into a true controlled environment, where they couldn't bring anything into the room, had actual scientist record, measure, and study, then I'm sure the only thing they'll find is a con-artist. I mean, this was on Replies Believe it or Not, not a published scientific journal.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. N
I won't go into detail on my opinions on Eastern mysticism since they are just that, my opinions. I do find what these masters do very impressive, but I see little that cannot be explained rationally and I am not convinced that the 'little' remaining could not be a result of clever illusion. Nevertheless, I maintain an open mind!

I find it interesting though that no one has yet mentioned (regarding the OP movie specifically) the well-known thermobaric properties of aluminium... Aluminium will react violently with alkalis such as sodium or potassium hydroxide. It is the reaction that occurs when crystal Drano is contacted by water for instance. So long as it is dry, there is no reaction. When wet, a reaction proceeds that is very exothermic (hot). Get him to do it using old fashioned tin foil and see how hot things get!!

In addition, how was the FLIR camera calibrated? Presenting the warmer regions as white gives the impression that there is great heat involved, whereas in reality it could be less than a degree. This video at least is just a text book case of providing 'just enough' information to leave unanswered questions. If it could be proven unequivocally then they would have done so - not carried out some back room poorly controlled demonstration...

Nothing against alternative theorrys - I just hate poor experimental design!!

I like your style, good sir.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Thanks - don't usually post as watching the banter roll on is far more entertaining, but it just seemed pretty obvious what this guy was doing - in that instance at least.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
when we see things which we don,t understand, sometimes we say, thats magic,because it seems illogical to us,we cannot find an explanation and not wish to show our ignorance, thats how we save face.
Magicians entertain the public with their skills, but there are also magicians that entertain magicians, these are the masters that normally the public do not see.
They will have spent 20 or 30 years perfecting maybe just 3,4 or 5 tricks (effects). to give you an example, a coin roll, place a coin between thumb and first finger,revolve a coin over your knuckles until it reaches your small finger,and then back again.anyone can do this quickly after maybe 3 months practice, a master will spend 7 years to do this with 4 coins in each hand at once revolving all 8 coins forwards and backwards.
Once you understand something it no longer stays a mistery.
Do i believe in chi? its something i don,t understand at this point, but a very important point to all.
WHAT THE MIND CAN CONCEIVE THE BODY CAN ACHIEVE.
Deep down nearly all want to be noticed,become a , footballer,model, actor,lawyer, doctor,its called pride, we want to be better than others and the ego will find its way there.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Dude this is to kayytagg, well you must be close-minded and i guess you dont even look around much on the internet otherwise you would know that the u.s. Government aswell as other countries have experimented with remote viewing and proved it works. Which is a "psychic" ability says society, i think theses abilities are natural just underdeveloped. Also SCIENCE!!!!!!!! Has never made an actual fact, they make opinions based on the information at current time, "facts" have been prooven wrong over and over again. So yes like someone else had said he has to open his own mind. Which is perfectly alright kayytagg because your immortal, ignorance is'nt immortal.

I love myself so I love all.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Quick, take him out before he starts heating his own home!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Warren buffet needs some help with his projections out into society and this guy may help. Have not watched the vid, but whether true or not, buffet could do with some of this.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I thought the purpose of this board is to DENY IGNORANCE. Is this true or not?

Being gullible enough to believe these parlor tricks is not denying a thing. Its being gullible.

Also it is sumpremely ignorant to believe that that because these people have any powers. Thinking they are 'masters' of some 'mystic arts' or 'ancient power' is an example of your own ignorant, Orientalist gullibility. Congrats.

Also, someone said skeptics have blinders on? Excuse me? Anyone who looks at a youtube video, or reads a half baked website and believes a person has super powers are the ones with 'blinders' on. Listen to yourselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by Edrick

Come on think about what you are saying here.

"Wow I do not understand how that works but I WANT to know and will devise experiments in an attempt to test and understand it"

Is a FAR cry from saying

"Wow I do not understand how that works...It must be magical"

Are you done putting words into my mouth, and completely missing the entire point now?

I am saying, that just because science CANNOT explain it, does NOT mean that it does not exist.

Like how science cannot explain Gravity, or Quantum mechanics, or whatever else they still have not figured out.

And yet these things still EXIST.

I am SAYING, that this "Chi" energy is NOT magic, but a form of knowledge (Read in LATIN: SCIENCE) that we have not fully investigated, or explained yet.

"Any sufficiently Advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
-Arther C Clarke.

-Edrick

Hehe, calm down there, bro. There is a big difference to what you are saying. See, with science, we know gravity exists, cause we can measure it and observe it, yet, we don't know all of the properties. Sure, we can observe this Chi all we want, but for some reason, he wont let anybody observe it through scientific data(ie. measurements, stats, data, etc). How are we supposed to investigate or explain anything, when this guy wont let us do anything? If this is just as true as gravity, then I'm sure we can record it with hard data. Have you ever heard of a thing called the Scientific Method? It's used to help come to terms with truth and belief.

Could this be true? Sure! But without any kind of data, then this is just an illusion. And this guy is showing us the belief without letting us find out the truth. Sounds a little fishy, if you ask me.

And to all of you who think this is real, instead of yelling at us for being skeptical, why not prove this exists with actual data? I'm not saying this is "stupid/dumb", but that I just don't believe it until it can be proven. If it's as true as you guys are preaching, then it should be just as easy to find hard data on it. Easy as that...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramsesthedamned

Not ignorant or gullible here. If you would like to check my posts, there are plenty of things I don't buy. I tend to agree with Dr N as to the video, but I am keeping an open mind for now. I have an analytical background in Chemistry, so Dr N's post was very pertinent.

That said, I related a personal experience that added something to the thread. I know that it happened, and I know that it was not for entertainment purposes and that there was no camera or illusionary tricks. I don't know if the guy was a master, monk, or otherwise, but I know with absolute certainty that 4 fit men could not pick up a 100lb Chinese guy if he did not allow it!

As for your post.....what have you added? Where is your critical analysis like Dr N? Where is your personal experience in outting a fraud? Where is your evidence for or against this? If you are only stating an opinion, that is fine, but I would suggest a less condescending tone when addressing others that have more than an opinion on the subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ramsesthedamned

Not ignorant or gullible here. If you would like to check my posts, there are plenty of things I don't buy. I tend to agree with Dr N as to the video, but I am keeping an open mind for now. I have an analytical background in Chemistry, so Dr N's post was very pertinent.

That said, I related a personal experience that added something to the thread. I know that it happened, and I know that it was not for entertainment purposes and that there was no camera or illusionary tricks. I don't know if the guy was a master, monk, or otherwise, but I know with absolute certainty that 4 fit men could not pick up a 100lb Chinese guy if he did not allow it!

As for your post.....what have you added? Where is your critical analysis like Dr N? Where is your personal experience in outting a fraud? Where is your evidence for or against this? If you are only stating an opinion, that is fine, but I would suggest a less condescending tone when addressing others that have more than an opinion on the subject.

Sorry if I sounded condescending, but you must know that this may seem believable to you, but it is utter bs to me. I am just shocked at how many people believe it.

I have a very open mind. Thats why I am on these boards. I think its any rational person's duty to call bull if they see it. Thats what keeps us from becoming delusional, paranoid, and gullible. If you cant tell its bs, I am just offering my pov.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have a question. Why didn't they show him standing on paper from below? Like when he was making that first step at 5:22

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I couldn't get the video to work... is the pot just sitting on a table? There was a gag on the 'net for awhile where someone had a hotplate installed under the table, don't remember how it was powered. But they put jiffy pop on the table, and then opened a cellphone, which supposedly got the popcorn popping. Fooled a lot of folks too.

But, there is definately truth to chi, channels of energy in your body, and so on. They don't fully understand it, but even science acknowledges that it does exist. I watched a special where monks channeling energy stood out in the freezing cold and snow with basically a thong on, and melted the snow around their feet, they were not even cold, it was pretty amazing stuff. There was no trickery there, I think it was a national geographic special where I saw this, a long while back.

As far as boiling water? Eh.. don't know about that, I'll need to see the video proper. But I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility. However, how long did it take?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
I have a question. Why didn't they show him standing on paper from below? Like when he was making that first step at 5:22

I don't know if that would mean anything. Chris Angel walked on water for crying out loud, so I'm sure there are ways around it. Who knows really?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hey, i asked for the powers that be to cast down some disease that would kill off all the idiots & fools on this planet and look what happened..... swine flu came along....... don't know if it's just killing off the idiots & fools though

As for the video i believe definately that some people do have powers & senses others don't so producing heat from his body could be possible.... i was more impressed with the standing on paper although it could have been elasticated but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt

[edit on 9-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join