It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just amazing, Guy can boil water with his own energy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
To deny the existence of chi is practically denying the process of living. After all, chi is merely the universal life force, the energy that flows through the body. Without which, all of us would qualify as the living dead.

Just because its origin/belief stems from the East, western science and medicine sees fit to scoff at its existence and efficacy. Its the same arrogance that is is putting modern medicine in a state of quagmire, with all its emphasis centred on the profitability of a particular drug or treatment and in a lot of cases causing more harm than good.

For those skeptics out there that thinks western science is the be it and end all of judging the authenticity of other alternative systems, and basing everything on overrated double blind tests, replication in laboratory environment, etc.

Science has to date, been left floundering even to properly define "consciousness" or the "mind" and where it is supposed to reside. Something that we all take for granted in our every day existence.

Has scientists been able to weigh and measure the damn thing? Or, has it even been observed? Is it suppose to be in the head, heart or the stomach? It could even be at the posterior end, where I belief it reside, for some skeptics, judging from their typical rhetoric, whenever they can't explain something.

So, are we to conclude at our inept understanding of consciousness or the mind, that as what skeptics do, deny its existence?

I seems that this fear of the unknown, or outside the norm, that usually put skeptics on edge. Is it their rigid myopic discipline in their particular profession, that does not allow them to have an open mind about things other than what they have been taught?

It is this trait of western medicine that is holding back potential source of immeasurable benefits to world's health and well being.

Tradition Chinese Medicine (TCM) has been practised for over thousands of years. It bears no resemblance to the beliefs of western medicine. Surely the experience and wisdom that accumulates over such a period, albeit, strange to many, has got to be of benefit to human kind?

Occasionally, western medicine will begrudgingly acknowledge their latest discovery or breakthrough has been known all along and practised by TCM for centuries.

Qigong, other than the martial art variety that is being much in discussion here, shows it potency as well in the health/medical arena. When practised for its health benefits, it has shown compelling results in the treatment of myriad of ailments. No amount of drugs can alleviate peoples' sufferings without considering the body holistically. Qigong can play a significant part in the fulfilment of that goal.

There are ample evidence, anecdotal and clinical studies that prove beyond a doubt the efficacy of Qigong on health and ailments, even cancer. Its ability to increase absorption of oxygen at the cellular level, compares it favourably with the much touted hyperbaric oxygen therapy that are in use today. Cancers thrive in low oxygen environment. This is where Qigong and its technique of low abdominal breathing and its meditative exercises show much promise in its oxygen delivering capability.

That's just a small contribution in Qigong's arsenal of positive bebefits

It is an outstanding and safe method of self healing without drugs, and I fervently believe if more people engage in it, the health of millions will benefit and maybe the health services of most countries will be less under stress.

I have researched and complied information on Qigong for health. It is in the from of an 87 page PDF document, which I'll gladly share if anybody is interested. Just u2u.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thanks for putting forward that idea. Western Science will inevitably do more harm than good by its very nature. It generally seeks to deal with problems as they occour where Eastern tends to prevent problems from occouring in the first place.

In your research, have you approached identifying qi as a particular frquency or force that would be able to be measured scientifically?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

In your research, have you approached identifying qi as a particular frquency or force that would be able to be measured scientifically?

These are some of the excerpts from different sources.

A senior scientist at the National Electro Acoustics Laboratory in Beijing, China, Lu
Yan Fang, Ph.D., discovered in the early 1980s, that the hands of qigong masters
emitted high levels of low frequency acoustical waves called secondary sound. Although
everyone generates secondary sounds, the signals generated by the qigong masters were one hundred times more powerful than the average individual, and one thousand times more powerful than those who were elderly or ill.

Using electroacoustical technology, Dr. Fang constructed an instrument that simulated this infratonic sound (eight to fourteen hertz, seventy decibels). Dr. Fang directed these massage-like, secondary sounds into hospitalized patients, and noted numerous improvements, particularly for the management of pain.

Over 1,100 human patients were studied and treated. When used on the chest or back,
the brain’s production of alpha waves is stimulated. Therapeutic benefits include pain
diminition (including migraines), increased circulatory functioning, muscular relaxation,
and the alleviation of depression.
source: www.online-ambulance.com...

Scientific Evidence of Qi

In the Shanghai College of Traditional Chinese Medicine a qigong master called Lin
Housheng skilled in emitting external qi from Laogong (a point on the palm where the tip of the middle finger touches when the fist is clenched) effectively treated quite a few
complicated cases. However, nobody believed his therapy as well as the external qi
emitted from his palm. The treatment was taken as sorcery or merely suggestion.

Starting in 1977, he sought an effective test to prove the existence of external qi. Later,
he met Ms. Gu Hansen, a scientist working in the Shanghai Institute of Atomic Nucleus,
the Chinese Academy of Sciences. She was interested in research on amplifiers of
micro-signals and also in life sciences. They collaborated on testing the existence of qi
with modern scientific instruments.

The following are the experiments:
- Two close-range infrared surveyors were designed. The surveyors directing to the right Laogong of Lin Housheng received the infrared radiation at a distance of 1.2 cm from its receiving transducer when he emitted his qi. When qigong was well performed, the infrared modulation depth was as high as SO'YO with a low frequency of 0.05 per
second; but when Lin Housheng held his qi, the infrared modulation depth was less than
10% with a high frequency of 0.3 per second.

By the end of qi emission, the modulation depth was round 30% with a frequency of 0.17 per second. The results revealed that the infrared radiation of the qigong master was specific, different from that of ordinary people whose modulation depth was less than 10%.

- With the aid of the electric charge detector, it was found that Laogong was full of
electrostatic charge when Lin Housheng emitted qi. The polarity changed along with the
change of physiological status. When Lin Housheng felt comfortable, there was an
increase of negative charge and when he held the qi, there was an increase of positive
charge. This suggested that the bioelectricity emitted by a well-trained qigong master
could rearrange the doublets (bipolar particles) of living substance at the acupoint area
from randomness to a specific order.

- It was detected that the electric resistance at Neiguan (a point on the anterior aspect
of the forearm between the two tendons, 2 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist) was drastically reduced when qigong was practiced. According to the resonance theory, this phenomenon can be attributed to the electric resonance at the site where the tissue contains a kind of structural substance with magnetic action, most probably nickel protein (protein combined with nickel).

With the aid of modern scientific instruments, they carried out the preliminary determination of qi and concluded that the external qi in qigong was composed of infrared radiation modulated at a low frequency and that the qigong master emitted infrared electromagnetic waves. For the first time the existence of qi was proved.

In May 1978 their paper entitled "The Preliminary Experimental Results of Investigation
on the Material Basis of Qigong Therapy" was published in the first issue of Zi Ran Za
Zhi (Journal of Nature) in Shanghai. These results evoked worldwide reaction.
source: www.martrix.org/Gigong.pdf

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If anyone has ever given or received reiki (very similar to qi gong) before, they will know that this video is no fake. You can teach yourself to gather and release this energy to heal people and just about anything else. I was so impressed by the art I was trained in it myself. It can do truly amazing things for people and anybody can do it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

My sister is very good at it!
She has helped me numerous times.
She can also do it on animals
to help with injuries, etc.
Maybe its all the same energy,
just a different way of "manipulation"?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

If anyone has ever given or received reiki (very similar to qi gong) before, they will know that this video is no fake. You can teach yourself to gather and release this energy to heal people and just about anything else. I was so impressed by the art I was trained in it myself. It can do truly amazing things for people and anybody can do it.

Reiki, Quantum Touch, Pranic Healing, Therapeutic Touch, Qigong are all related to a certain degree. The principles are somewhat similar with variations in the delivery system. The difference in Qigong is that it is essentially an exercise/movement/ meditation/visualization that is designed to cultivate or enhance the Qi in the practitioner.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I believe it is all of the same energy/life force that pervades the entire universe. It is everywhere, all around us, and these types of practices teach us how to draw it in and let the universal intelligence/energy heal through our bodies. I am doing nothing, I am acting as a conductor so that the healing energy can flow through me.

And yes it is true, reiki has worked on pets, life situations, and even machines for me before. I always had problems (off and on pain) with my shoulder and elbow from past surgeries, my girlfriend knows im into all stuff metaphysical and decided to buy me a reiki session for my birthday. A saw a woman named Christine Radice out of brighton MA and in one session my pain was gone for good. I haven't had an instance of it to this day and the session was 2 years ago.

After the amazing healing, I wanted to learn this practice so I could help others. I got the attunement from Christine and have been helping others with reiki ever since. The energy takes the form of heat when it leaves your palm chakras and people are amazed when they feel it for the first time. The first time I did it for her, my gf made me back off because it was getting too intense. She loves it now and I do it for her every couple of days.

To anyone interested...give it a shot. We all can do it and you will witness first hand the power that we all poses.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If youre old enough you certainly remember this guy. His big debut was on "That's incredible" and he astounded audiences.

James Hydrick

Then James Randi got a chance to show what he really was or wasnt.

Randi

These things always turn out to be tricks of some kind. If the original video's subject was authentic, I would think that the military would have him cooped up in a lab for the rest of his life in an attempt to mimic the ability for their soldiers.

Its a gimmick.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by SwatMedic]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by SwatMedic]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As mentioned in earlier posts Swat, the argument the government wouldant let this low level stuff get out doesant really stand. Most of the maor miltary powers have knowledge that far surpasses this.

Thanks for the answer on the frequency stuff Conscience. So there we have it, there is empiral evidence to show that subtle energy forces and be stored and manipulated.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

You absolutely correct. This is amazing. I want to thank you for posting it for us. There is so much in this world that I don't get to experience and this thread has actually INSPIRED me. It's not all of them that I can say that about. Thank you again.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

Thats pretty funny!
You must profit directly from our current healthcare system.
(driven exclusively by more profits and not better health)

If people in health care had a clue, they'd tell everyone to get their
fat ass off the couch and start exercising and stop eating junk food!
Like that would happen.

Nope, too much profit to be made!

The military is only interested in killing more efficiently,
not healing. Unless your talking about healing soldiers so they can kill again. The Walter Reed scandal should be proof enough of how well
we treat our vets after they can no longer kill.

Good luck with whatever you allow yourself to experience.
This works well for many who have ACTUALLY tried it.
Oh, and it costs squat, among many other positives.
Magic is entertainment, not healing. Wow, imagine that!
There really IS a difference......

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

First, I am not in the healthcare business so you were as far off the mark as possible with that assumption.

Secondly, I was speaking of the military where the OP subject lives. This has nothing to do with the American Military so your Walter Reed comparison again off the mark.

Lastly, I find it sad that there are people like yourselves who believe that this stuff is the real deal. Why is it sad? Because some people will use in in place of tried and true medical treatment. If that werent the case then this would be just another entertaining snake oil salesman.

PT Barnum was indeed right!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply anyway.(was my intention to find out your views)
My bad. Sorry swatdude.
I still wish you good luck with whatever treatments
you will inevitably need someday and 'have to' beleive in.
I hope they work as well for you as this 'kooky stuff' has for us!
Oh, and dont forget your wallet and insurance card!

Now you are making assumptions about me!
U Bad
I wont hold my breath ever waiting for an appology from
"people like you" though......

Because some people will use in in place of tried and true medical treatment.

I dont doubt you there swatdude, common sense no longer applies
to much of anything anymore. But if they practice this, they
may not even NEED medical treatment in the first place!
Its called preventative care, U should look it up sometime.

One more thing, have you ever even honestly tried it?
Doubt it with that closed mind. Sad for you, not me!
I'm older, healthy, fit and dont have a single medical bill.
Oh, and I'm extremely able to defend myself.....
The proof is in the pudding! MMM sounds good!

[edit on 13-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

These things always turn out to be tricks of some kind. If the original video's subject was authentic, I would think that the military would have him cooped up in a lab for the rest of his life in an attempt to mimic the ability for their soldiers.

Just as there are charlatans among psychics, the skeptics are just as dishonest in their behaviour.

Case in point, just go to YouTube and typed in "Uri Geller Scam". You get a whole collection of videos that pours ridicule and mockery at Geller. The abundance of posts are just full of vitriolic hate. This in a way reflects the psychology of majority of skeptics.

Then type in "Uri Geller - Stanford". The presence of skeptics comments in these series of videos are blindingly absent. Uri Geller under went a series of rigourously monitored experiments at Stanford Research Institute in 1972. Its impossible to regard these experiments as unconvincing.

Just because Randi could replicate bending spoons (not very good either) does not preclude the possibilty of spoons being bent by psychic power.

The experiments at SRI truly shows the psychic ability of Uri Geller. Yet the lies and libelous statements being propagated by both Randi and the skeptics continue.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I wish I could edit my post on page 1..
when I say this is not Fake.. What I talking about is Chi..

As I have explained many times in this post already..
But many supporters have come in with a very open mind.. And Im proud of you all for standing up for something science can not proove or disproove at this point..

Plus I was somewhat hammered when I said that all science is bias..
And bias by the fact all things we do to messure experiments are seen through the human eye.. Or human mind..
And observed experiment is altered becasue we have observed it..

And thats base science for you.. Which I LOVE science.. But it can not explain all. Case and point that I meant to say is this.. The observer effect makes all human experiments to become Bias.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle is also frequently confused with the "observer effect". The uncertainty principle actually describes how precisely we may measure the position and momentum of a particle at the same time — if we increase the precision in measuring one quantity, we are forced to lose precision in measuring the other. Thus, the uncertainty principle deals with measurement, and not observation. The idea that the Uncertainty Principle is caused by disturbance (and hence by observation) is not considered to be valid by some, although it was extant in the early years of quantum mechanics, and is often repeated in popular treatments.

Heisenberg uncertainty principle comes into play here but not to be confused with Observer effect..
I know my way around science... Yet I know science has a long way to go.. Before we can just write of Chi as magic or nonsense!!

I just love quantum mechanics!! And Chi I belive has much to do with quantum mechanics.

Plus to add.. I respect Randi the great, and enjoy watching him speak facts and many truths.. But sometimes Randi has a very narrow mind..
Yet I can not blame him.. He does alot of good.. But it doesnt do good to write off everything like Chi..

I am able to root out most frauds and fakes on here...
When Im going to claim being a druid of light.. The last thing I want to do is make myself off like some new age hippy, or someone who will just buy into illusions and magic..

Nope.. As stated before. since 2006 I have laided into alot of BS stuff here on ATS..
But please note.. I will stand up for Chi energy.. And much of what members who stand on my side are saying sound be taken into consideration!!!
Just keep an open mind to some things..
Yet granted.. much of what is put out there is a scam.. Or a fraud to make money..

But Chi is not about money. ITs about healing and helping others..
Or protecting yourself from harm..

So thats what I mean when I say in my OP on page one when I state..
Its not fake!!! Just wanted to clear all that up in my final post here.

But its been fun, and many good debates on here.. I hope somewhere in here I hoped to open some minds.. And allow my fellow brothers and sisters in on a little something that should not be written off as magic or nonsense!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Lastly, I find it sad that there are people like yourselves who believe that this stuff is the real deal. Why is it sad? Because some people will use in in place of tried and true medical treatment. If that werent the case then this would be just another entertaining snake oil salesman.

The tried and true medical treatment that you have mentioned killed more than a million Americans in the last decade. Yes, that's true! Over a hundred thousand people die from adverse effect of FDA approved drugs every year. That's only in the US.

If you consider less than 5,000 deaths of US soldiers in Irag since the war began, it could be argued that fighting in Irag is multiple times safer that being prescribed drugs by your doctor.

There were times in the past, where doctors were viewed as doing the right thing for your well being. These days it more like trust your doctor at your own peril.

There is nothing like taking responsibility for your own health. It is within reach for every individual in the world. The means of self healing are there, in various forms and disciplines. The efficacy of which has to be experienced to be believed.

What is sad is too many people are relying on modern medicine to come up with answers for their maladies and not doing enough research to question their doctors' prescription. Just ask an average person over 60yrs old and find out the cocktail of drugs that they are prescribed. Most of which do more harm than good.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

what happens is i just wasted too much time on this thread...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
yeah but you learned a lot from reading through the thread. So it's not all a waste of your time.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
He learned that some people believe anything and that people can fire hocus pocus KameHameHa energy balls from their hands.

I have this power too, except that I cant do it if any one is looking just like a qigong master, but mine shoots from my happy sack and I'm a little bit shy!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
He learned that some people believe anything and that people can fire hocus pocus KameHameHa energy balls from their hands.

I have this power too, except that I cant do it if any one is looking just like a qigong master, but mine shoots from my happy sack and I'm a little bit shy!

..............You should be aware that the said substance that shoots from you "happy sack" is the physical embodiment of pure jing qi energy.
Try not to waste it now.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join