It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortune Global 500 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

1. Royal Dutch Shell

Up two spots from last year's global list, Royal Dutch Shell raked in $15 billion more in sales than Exxon Mobil. And as Europe's largest oil producer, it doesn't look to be slowing down: Shell has made a bold move by investing up to $18 billion in a plant in Qatar that would turn natural gas into cleaner-burning diesel fuel. It hopes to bring the Pearl GTL, as the facility is called, online by 2010 and expects it to produce enough fuel to fill more than 160,000 cars per day. -- By Alyssa Abkowitz and Scott Cendrowski

Just saw this and thought I would share. The 500 most wealthy corporations in the world.

Enjoy!

Sorry, I forgot to leave the link.

money.cnn.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well that not surprising Royal Dutch Hell is one of planet biggest oil producing companies. Heck they practically own most of the leases near Fort Mcmurray, Alberta home of oilsands.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There are only 3 big oil players in my country. Shell, Chevron/Texaco, and a local player (and a few independents). I'd support any oil company except the American. Everyone should do the same.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

yes, it's sad that big oil rules above all...I believe that 6 of the top 7 are petroleum companies, with the only exception being walmart (who has their hand in oil too). Maybe as the "green movement" builds support over the next decade, then we will see these companies falter.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

"it's sad that big oil rules above all"

very sad indeed, the last oil boom destroyed lower and middle class incomes with high gas prices, high rental costs for apartments and kids dropping out of high school to chase the dollar instead of striving for an education. Big oil is destructive on a social level just in the same regard to the environment.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Interesting - Royal Dutch shell has the most complicated ownership arrangements of any corporation - it is actually owned more by the British than the Dutch - its headquarters there are directly opposite parliament on the Thames - keep thinking they are Dutch - they love that.

top topics

join