It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Attacks Target White House, New York Stock Exchange, Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't know if this has already been posted elsewhere, but just in case, I found this interesting..

White House Among Targets of Cyber Attacks

White House among targets of cyber attack Other targets included NSA, Homeland Security and State Department

WASHINGTON - A powerful Internet attack that overwhelmed computers at U.S. and South Korean government agencies for days was even broader than initially realized: targets included the White House, the Pentagon and the New York Stock Exchange and other official Web sites in the most widespread cyber offensive of recent years.

Other targets of the attack included the National Security Agency, Homeland Security Department, State Department, the Nasdaq stock market and The Washington Post newspaper, according to an early analysis of the malicious software used in the attacks.

The cyber assault on the White House site had "absolutely no effect on the White House's day-to-day operations," said spokesman Nick Shapiro.

Let me just say, personally, I don't think North Korea is behind this.... but that's just my opinion... what do you guys think?

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Jul 13 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes. It's been covered multiple times including the front page.

(Who wants seconds?)

new topics

join