It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nice collection of NASA optical illusions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nope, no UFOs in here
just some ice, dust, weather balloons, swamp gas, Venus, Jupiter, high altitude kites, japanese lanterns, flares, and your eyes playing tricks on you, all conveniently put together in a nice package of nonexistance.

Remember, if you think you are seeing: space bugs, alien crafts, top secret government intersteller ships, The Enterprise, space ghosts, etc...then clearly your wrong. They would have said so if it was..

NASA = our heros of complete transparency and honesty. I heart them soooo much.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
incidently, the post is sarcasm of course, but the video is a good for the favorites collection.

felt the need to clarify its sarcasm before I get ultraflamed by people whom cannot understand the concept of sarcasm (suprisingly many)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
must say thats a nice lil group of videos displaying ice, dust, weather balloons, swamp gas, Venus, Jupiter, high altitude kites, japanese lanterns, flares,space bugs, alien crafts, top secret government intersteller ships, The Enterprise, space ghosts, etc that i have ever saw

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There was just 1 object out of all the blurred objects that was crystal clear, I just could not tell what it was.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nice vid! I really want to know what that is when you pause it at 4:29! IDK but that sure looks like a saucer type object IMO. Also is that screen shot enhancement from NASA or someone maybe trying to make it look like a UFO?? It is interesting thought.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well that dust sure does know how to appear from nowhere, disappear in mid-air, and suddenly change directions quite well, doesn't it? Who knew dust could be so smart?

Nice vid, Saturn. Some of those shots actually gave me chills.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Yea me too! I paused it at 4:29 and just stared. If that is a real pic or video shot from whatever mission it was, then I'll be damned! Im still staring at it..Its amazing what NASA hides in their videos and pics. We must have some super swamp gas, smart dust particles and chinese lanterns that can really fly faaaaaaar off distances...lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I love looking at swamp gas and chunks of ice floating around in space, I am so glad I can trust our government. Nasa makes me feel warm inside with all the knowledge and unedited crystal clear photos they share with us.

I shutter to think what life would be like if Nasa or the government even tried to misinform us. I trust our government to tell me all the things I need to know, don't believe me; just ask em, they'll tell ya. I love paying for black budget programs that cost 40% of the gross domestic product.

I love the fact that the good O US of A spends my money without ever having to tell me were its going or what its for which sets my mind at ease when paying taxes. Trust your government, they know best. Just look at how wonderful our system is right now.

God I love this country....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That was one of the shots that gave me chills. I'm still getting them just thinking about it.
I was about five when I first saw a UFO so I know they're out there and common sense would tell you our universe is too big for our planet to be the only one with intelligent life. Or the only one with life for that matter. NASA can deny it all they want, I'm not buying it because I know better.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That was one of the shots that gave me chills. I'm still getting them just thinking about it.
I was about five when I first saw a UFO so I know they're out there and common sense would tell you our universe is too big for our planet to be the only one with intelligent life. Or the only one with life for that matter. NASA can deny it all they want, I'm not buying it because I know better.

I know! I have been sitting here for 20 mins trying to crop the screen shot I took of it but for whatever reason my computer wont recognize it! That is a really cool pic! I was like wtf?!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That is an excellent vid; Op i like the tether bit you can see they go under it.So whatever they are they are big.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just so we are clear..at 4:29 in the vid if you look at the screen, you can see icons and a window that is open on the bottom.....which...to me.....looks like his desktop, so it appears to be a desktop background IMO. Its not an image in any kind of program from the looks of it because there is no window around the image.....looks like a desktop background to me

of course...IMHO

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Overload]

And for a real teaser....lets see if the desktop background image is real...
,thats what I want to know....

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Overload]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Overload

OMG I am going to take a computer class NOW! I just spent about 45 mins doing this because for some reason my own program wouldnt work...Darn!!! LOL! I will still post because it took me forever to do..lol However I see what you mean about the icons.

Here is the one with the "icons""

This is the one at 4:29

Now if there wasnt the shots before with what looks like icons then this would be an even more interesting pic, but after really looking at it I dont think it's really anything, but then I wasnt there so I dont really know.

Sorry for the double post of pics but it took me forever to do it and I wasnt about to not post it..lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What i wonder is,if these objects that seem to float around,and follow the shuttle missions are just particles of ice and dust,then why do the crews of these missions spend so much time trying to zoom in,focus,and capture these objects on film?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Good point.....

What I would like to know is all the comments the astronauts make throughout the years on several Apollo and Shuttle missions.

There are two many to count, are all of these guys so badly trained that they cannot tell the difference between ice or particles and UFO's?????????????

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
reply to post by scobro

Good point.....

What I would like to know is all the comments the astronauts make throughout the years on several Apollo and Shuttle missions.

There are two many to count, are all of these guys so badly trained that they cannot tell the difference between ice or particles and UFO's?????????????

Yes, seems NASA isnt very good at training astronauts on what to expect in space...they really need to have them take some crash courses...this is ice...and this...and that is a balloon..now, next time you see something, instead of saying I dont know what it is, say...oh look Ned, its a piece of ice...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
great little compilation!
i like the spec at the very first part of the film that decides to instantly change course.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overload

I wonder if anyone can find that desktop image anywhere? That would sort of clinch it, don't you think?

Of course, wouldn't it be a kicker if it turned out to be a digital picture made into a desktop background..., heh heh it's like the conspiracy could never end...

Still, I find it encouraging to see that even the astronauts aren't blind to the folklore of U.F.O.'s It means they should spot one if they see one..., and few are more likely to run across such a thing..., I suppose.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Dig the video

After watching i remember reading something online about a supposed alien drone floating over california

While most ufo pictures seem to turn out fuzzy or blurry, lacking frame of reference, or appear only as a small dot of light in a sea of black - these pictures are quite the opposite and are startlingly clear. This first picture (taken on May 06, 2007), of the ufo drone hovering over some power lines, was taken by a individual known only as ‘Chad’ while he was hiking near his home in central California, near the city of Capitola.

This picture shows a view of the ufo’s ‘wing’, where there appears to be some type of symbols or heiroglyphics on it. Chad reported the ufo as emitting only a slight hum, similar to sound a high voltage transformer would make.

Chad got a few photos as the ufo was leaving. The first few close-ups he got as it first approached, hovering over the power lines. Upon leaving, it was reported as having took off into the distance pretty fast. As you can see from the picure, this ufo appeared very close to a neighborhood. Chad also reported that a car passing by also saw the ufo and stopped. The occupants of the car were visibly shaken, as was Chad.

*pictures and quotes from ufo-talk.com

apologies if already posted

here's the direct link for anyone who wants to read up
www.ufo-talk.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

A great post OP S&F

May be Dyson will make an attachment for the shuttle pay load arm for those pesky ice and dust particles.

Regards BDU

top topics

<<   2 >>

join