It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 black kids kicked out of Philly pool; Might 'Change the Complexion'...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If a day camp is joining something you should know that it there will be kids and kids may not always act perfect, plain and simple. I have worked at day camps and can say that the same s--t happens all over there is at-least one fight a few arguments, some loud kids etc.

If you hear of day camp (children + fun + summer break) are the first things that should come to your mind ever been to an amusement park same principle they knowing allowed a day camp whatever was going to happen should have been expected.

We have no idea what happen and so no one should say what they think may have happened as a fact.

Stop saying the kids did this or did that if you want to accuse someone of something be correct about it "they may have did this or that".

I have worked in day camps before and most children act similar, you may not see it but it does happen children of all classes and races act like idiots once in a while.

You can not say one specific race acts a certain way do you know everybody in the race if not don't act like you do.

It seems like a lot of people are putting the blame on the kids without the fully story; we do not know everything so there should be no opinions besides " I think so and so happened" not "this is what happen" as many here have been typing.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Who in there right mind would stay in a pool with 60 black kids pissing and yelling, I would leave to , And I would sue my club for damages so this invasion wont happen again

[edit on 103131p://pmvpm by yenko13]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
60 blacks can change the complextion of people in the pool that is true , Is this a club that you join and let the hood in all at once . I dont get it where in the USA do 60 Black kids strom a pool and dont get kicked out this is normal for black kids to disrupt and get kicked out of a pool in the USA , I am a life guard and kick black kids out all day long , it makes my job very hard and we have to be the parents to these violent kids that hurt others that obey the rules , The Blacks dont act like others in a pool area they will pull girls bathing suits down and will even try to grab parts of her body , I see it all day long so I know whats up with this story, Its a plant and dont believe it , These kids where violent and disruptive and a danger to the people that had to leave for there own safty

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
LIKE SERIOUSLY THIS IS BECOMING DISTURBING

#1 = There is no mention of the childrens ages

#2 = There is no mention of the behavior of the children, there for you are to assume that they were NOT misbehaving. (If they were being rowdy, it would have been stated I E: "Due to unwillingness to follow club rules")

#3 = The children who were in the pool spoke of their parents racial comments.

#4 = Why did it take a whole day to refund their money? they were waiting to see if it garnered any media attention, and when it did they tried to make amends.

#5 = There is no mention to the SIZE of the pool. 60 children might not be all that much depending on the size.

#6 = Defensive position of (alot) people from ATS site make me worry. Because if it were 60 Fn aliens you would all be upset they sent them away.

#7 = This pool is a buisiness, for them to turn away money means something in itself, 60x? dollars each + adult supervisers, they would have had a good day in the sense of income.

#8 = IT MAY CHANGE THE COMPLETION OF THE POOL, is a blatent racial comment. "Maybe durr it was DUrr the chemicals of there hair DUURrr"
Seriously? i mean Seriously? COME ON... at least post a link proving that the chemicals in the aforementioned products can do what you say...

The forum members here are now scaring me... how can their position be defended... everyone seems to lose their scientific mindset when race come into the discussion.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i meant complexion... not completion of the pool
and i wanted to ad Can you guys believe they let yenko around kids...OMG did you read his post... like wow man i hope not everyone here is from the same mindset as him

[edit on 8-7-2009 by KingAtlas]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yep, people will be having a field day for sure with this story. Why? Because as other posters have stated it affirms the notion that white people are intolerant racists and black people are the victims who are discriminated against.

I guess one could also wonder if this is some kind of conspiracy. You know, the wealthy elite giving some kids on the street some money, enough for 30 of their friends, to enter this area with the intention to create trouble. All apart of the plan to divide people further.

I would put my money down that the kids were acting like tough gangsters trying to make a scene. You know sorta like Kanye West

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR POSTING THIS AS YOU HAVE OPENED MY EYES TO THE TYPE OF PEOPLE WHO POST ON ATS!!!!!!!!!. I THOUGHT THIS WEBSITE WAS FOR OPENED MINDED PEOPLE, BUT THAT THOUGHT WAS RUINED AS I READ THRU THIS THREAD. YOU AGREE (not you personally MOFreemason,but the people posting here in general) THAT THE CHILDREN SHOULD HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT BECAUSE OF YOUR STEREOTYPICAL VIEW THAT BECAUSE THEY WERE MINORITIES THEY MUST HAVE BEEN ROWDY, AND MISBEHAVED, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT BLACKS ARE BAD AND WHITES ARE GOOOOD!

DON'T WORRY PEOPLE I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE THAT ME AND MY BLACK,ROWDY,LOUD,INTRUSIVE,UNSUPERVISED,MISBEHAVED FRIENDS NEVER COME IN CONTACT WITH ALLLL YOU GOOD GOD FEARING WHITE PEOPLE. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT???????? WELL I WON'T REALLY DO THAT AS I AM NOT AT THE IGNORANCE LEVEL OF MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO REPLIED TO THIS POST. SO WITH THAT SAID I BELIEVE THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST ON ATS!!! I WILL SLEEP ON IT AND SEE IF FEEL THE SAME WAY TOMORROW.

Bye Bye all, It was fun while it lasted!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
P.S ...... I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS A VENTING SITE FOR :

1. STORMFRONT
  2. KKK
  3. SKINHEADS
  4. NEO NAZI'S
  5. Volksfront
  6. White Nationalist
  7. AND WHATEVER OTHER NARROW MINDED GROUP YOU BELONG TOO.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

Oh please,When you realize that there reasons other than color that make for a good debate come back..But for now, hold that card you have in your hand and worship it..every one has an Ace up their sleeve at times..Some don't use it at every little bump in the night..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I bet this wont be the end of this kinda story..

In Philly and Camden city pools and other places like the YMCa have been facing major cut backs..I noticed a few storys last year on the news about this time..Organisations such as this one involved are turning to private clubs to go swimming in..

My best conclusion of what happened was this..
The organisation head payed for a club membership, made arrangements with the club to be there on such and such date,probably not being honest with the pool club about the number of children comming.hell they may have givin then NO heads up at all..They show up with other long term members there peicefully relaxing around the pool..It seems to have had very few members there the day they showed up..Kids got nuts and were asked to leave..The guy made a huge mistake in the words used,but he himself looked to be very spanish in race..

What probably would have made the situation much easier on every one is that the kids club leader spoke with the private clubs head and told them look,were comming with 60 kids that can get roudy,is there a day we can have the pool to ourselves??

makes sence huh??

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
reply to post by FlyersFan

You can't discriminate because someone has a different color of skin than you.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by damwel]

So when can we discriminate?

Besides if you hate everybody, then it is not discrimination, because you left no one out.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Meanwhile, In Ohio....

[link to www.ohio.com]

Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

But to Marty Marshall, his wife and two kids, it seems pretty clear.

It came after a family night of celebrating America and freedom with a fireworks show at Firestone Stadium. Marshall, his family and two friends were gathered outside a friend's home in South Akron.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

The Marshalls, who are white, say the crowd of teens who attacked them and two friends June 27 on Girard Street numbered close to 50. The teens were all black.

''This was almost like being a terrorist act,'' Marshall said. ''And we allow this to go on in our neighborhoods?''

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
well, at least one other swimming facility doesn't have a problem with:

large groups of black children
the possibility of "hair chemicals" in the pool water
children laughing/screaming while enjoying a day in the pool

www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

it's good to hear that some fellow americans wanted to make sure the children had a fun day at the pool.
and would not be frightened by the prospect of 60 kids "changing the complexion" of a swim club.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticSky

''This was almost like being a terrorist act,'' Marshall said. ''And we allow this to go on in our neighborhoods?''

its because people are afraid to think past the PC lines..People dont see an act of violence for what it is just violence..Peoples hands are tied to act,due to this thing called racism..if you arrest a black person,its immidiately declared rasism..It goes for both side and colors..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I don't support racism AT ALL. BUT, this is a PRIVATE CLUB, and as such, they can discriminate against anyone they want.

I take it your'e a Mason then?

On topic: If it's true, it's raceism. What ever way you try to dress it up.

Edit to: Clarify above sentance better.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Agent-ATS]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent-ATS

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I don't support racism AT ALL. BUT, this is a PRIVATE CLUB, and as such, they can discriminate against anyone they want.

I take it your'e a Mason then?

If trure, it's raceism. What ever way you try to dress it up.

I am a Mason, and it is true that historically black people were not allowed in. This is changing rapidly for a number of reasons. The two main reasons are federal tax status, and new younger members.

1. If a single lodge is caught discriminating, the entire state could lose its tax-exempt status, and that would cost millions of dollars.

2. The fraternity as a whole was aging and dying off rapidly. A push for newer, younger members has resulted in a much more open and liberal membership.

I live in a district that has black members, and some of them have visited our lodge without any incidents. Some of the older set-in-their-ways guys grumbled, and a few even left, but the fraternity is moving forward.

Back on topic:

I still think the actions of this club were wrong in the fact that they removed the kids from the pool. If they had denied entry in the first place, I could see their point, but this action was damaging to those kids. The younger ones certainly did not understand why they could not swim, and they should not have to learn about racism this way. I can't help but think of my own kids, and how excited they get leading up to an event, and how disappointed and confused they would have been!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There is a good rule of thumb for identifying racists:

A racist is someone who is concerned with matters of ethnicity or nationality.

Anyone who goes around talking about "racial issues" all the time is a racist.

A redneck displaying a "KKK" symbol on his hat is most likely a racist.

A black American with an "X" symbol on his hat is most likely a racist.

When a white person turns down a black person for a job based on skin color, that is discrimination. Not "racial discrimination", just discrimination. People get turned down for jobs based on what car they drive or how they wear their hair. Is that "automobile discrimination"? Or how about "hair discrimination"?

When a black person turns down a white person for a job based on skin color, that is discrimination. Not "racial discrimination", just discrimination. People get turned down for jobs based on what car they drive or how they wear their hair. Is that "automobile discrimination"? Or how about "hair discrimination"?

How is it that so many people play the "race card" and so many others fall for it?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

There is something you are missing; you are disregarding the amount of control that people can exercise over blacks by crying "discrimination".

How hard is it to create a "racial incident"?

I can think of several ways without even trying.

Edit to ask another question:

How is it that every single kid in the group of 60 was "a minority"?

Would I be able to sign up my caucasian 6 year old stepdaughter to the Creative Steps Day Camp?

And the most telling question... if I did sign her up to the camp, would she receive equal treatment from the "minority" parents and children... or would they all look down their noses at her as though they were somehow entitled to do so?

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Symbiote]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't believe this story not one bit.

I work security at a mall and its crazy how these kids act. Every time and I mean every time we have to make contact with a group black kids they play the race card never mind the fact at the group would be yelling out curse words, starting fights and throwing up gang signs. One time this guy was drunk, yelling, and running through the mall and trying fight some girl so made contact and asked him to leave. When the guy was walking towards an exit he was screaming that Obama was going to save him because he is black and now it’s a black man world. So I politely corrected him and told him that Obama is biracial not black(I have four biracial kids so that issue has always bothered me)but the guy never made it out because he assaulted another security officer, so we had to cuff him and on the way to dispatch his pants fell down.

Sorry about the rant.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So the 65 campers were all black? I wonder if there was some form of discrimination at work that kept whites from being in the Creative Steps Day Camp ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join