It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream media sources, controversy is staged.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I want to talk to you about Fox News, or Bill O'reilly in particular because he is a great example. So you have Fox News as a mainstream news station, and Bill gets up and badmouths all the other news stations calling them communists and saying they support terrorism, and bla bla bla bla.

None of the above matters. The point is that Bill attacks all the other news stations, he disses them, but does not disprove them. If I were to call Obama a flaming homosexual, that would be a diss and possibly slander. If I were to throw out a bunch of picture of Obama getting reamed by another guy in an airport bathroom stall, that would be discrediting.

So when Bill attacks any other news station he does not give logical reasons why the other guy is wrong, backing his arguement with facts. For instance, CNN were to be proven to be getting funding from communist China.

In all my rambling, we are getting near the end. Why is it that Bill will never debunk the other guy with cold hard facts? The answer is simple, this hurts the brainwashing maching that is MSM. You see, all people like Bill O'reilly do is generate hype. If suddenly MSNBC were to be ousted by FOX, MSNBC would lose credibility among their own viewers, these viewers in turn would think critically about the rest of the news stations and the game of chrades would collapse like a house of cards.

What the dissing in MSM does is simply give the illusion that true controvorsy is taking place, when really its just scrypted hype. Once you understand this, you are now thinking outside the cattle pen that is the mainstream. This is also why once you understand that critical thinking is involved to sift through all the lies and BS, watching mainstream news becomes pointless, you simply decide that you have better things to do and walk away.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

This is a video about how TV is being used to manipulate the masses, regulate your thoughts and keep you ignorant, "busy" and under control. It shows how your mind is conditioned through repetitive imagery and messages.

The century of the Self - BBC documentary

Google Video Link

This series is about how those in power have used Freud's theories to try and control the dangerous crowd in an age of mass democracy.

www.turnoffyourtv.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sweet Jesus I hate Bill O'reilly. A star and a flag for you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Sweet Jesus I hate Bill O'reilly. A star and a flag for you.

Be careful how you bump people, just because Bill oriley is a jerk does not mean that everything I wrote is any more real that his show.

Warrenb, excellent contribution, this really works to illustrate my point better than I could write through my sleeping pill induced haze. I really appreciate your post.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Happyfeet]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The more people that truly realize that all the MSM is complete lies the better.

But everyone seems to fall for the lies, especially the really big lies;

1) Iran hates America - its dangerous and needs to be stopped.

Truth> Iran has oil that the NWO want, it is supporting Palestine, it is becoming a leader of the Arab world/too politically powerful - peaceful country

2) NK is dangerous - KJI is a crazy madman and is looking for a chance to nuke someone

Truth> NK refuses to let in western brainwashing media, refuses central banking, has internal issues mainly due to lack of food caused by sanctions, it suppresses western propaganda with violence - otherwise peaceful

3) The world is jealous of America, and hate it because its rich and powerful]

Truth> The world hates America because its leaders are warmongering psycho's who use its military to fight wars of profit, they have unwelcome military bases all over the world and occupy many countries - all strongly backed by public propaganda of course

4) The government is acting in your best interest, laws are made to protect you, and those who enforce the law are good people

Truth> Laws are made to restrict your freedom, and get some more money out of you, people who enforce them are much better at doing what they are told than thinking for themselves - it serves no-one but the scum

5) The US military is a great institution - military service is service to your country and citizens - fighting or dying for your country is a great thing

Truth> The US military is under the control of psycho's who want to fight wars for profit - they don't give a crap about America, its people or soldiers - dying for them is a total waste of a good life

There's plenty more lies where they came from.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

interesting and innovative POV, incorrect in my opinion. I don't believe there is an organised conspiracy in the mainstream media to deflect us from the truth, or anything like that.

But at least a post like this gives me the opportunity to say "yes, Bill O'Reilly is a psychotic, bigoted jackanape".

Which, if I'm honest, is the main reason why I'm commenting.

but nice reasoning, on the whole, from the OP

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Let me add my $.02 to some of these real quick...

Originally posted by Amagnon

1) Iran hates America - its dangerous and needs to be stopped.

Truth> Iran has oil that the NWO want, it is supporting Palestine, it is becoming a leader of the Arab world/too politically powerful - peaceful country

Recent developments have shown us the true face of Iran: like any country, its mostly good, moderate people just trying to get by, with a few wackos thrown in to make things interesting. Like any country, it's ruled by thugs and fools. Only this guy's worse than most.

2) NK is dangerous - KJI is a crazy madman and is looking for a chance to nuke someone

Truth> NK refuses to let in western brainwashing media, refuses central banking, has internal issues mainly due to lack of food caused by sanctions, it suppresses western propaganda with violence - otherwise peaceful

On the contrary, I think he is a crazy madman, or at least one of the 6 dumbest $^&ts in the Orient. There is ample testimony from people who have gotten out that NK is basically a living hell, with starvation and brutal police-state governance. I'm thinking of one book in particular... name might come to me...

3) The world is jealous of America, and hate it because its rich and powerful]

Truth> The world hates America because its leaders are warmongering psycho's who use its military to fight wars of profit, they have unwelcome military bases all over the world and occupy many countries - all strongly backed by public propaganda of course

I'm from Europe (not U.K.) and I can tell you for a fact that America's standing in the world has improved IMMENSELY since that brainless cowboy and his PNAC puppet-masters were thrown out. And the fact that America finally saw through these scum was brought home in the most startling fashion... electing a black man with a muslim father.

Some Arabs/Asians 'hate' America (if they do) because of immense interference with their affairs since WW2. ie The Shah's revolution, Israel/Palestine, Gulf War II, etc.
Hopefully those days of imperialist interference from US/UK are nearly behind us(?)

4) The government is acting in your best interest, laws are made to protect you, and those who enforce the law are good people

Truth> Laws are made to restrict your freedom, and get some more money out of you, people who enforce them are much better at doing what they are told than thinking for themselves - it serves no-one but the scum

I think this statement goes a bit too far. But then again, as I look over it line by line, I can't rightly point out where lol!

5) The US military is a great institution - military service is service to your country and citizens - fighting or dying for your country is a great thing

Truth> The US military is under the control of psycho's who want to fight wars for profit - they don't give a crap about America, its people or soldiers - dying for them is a total waste of a good life

Again, largely true. But it's also true to say that the day America (or any country) won't fight, is the day where that country is doomed.

There's plenty more lies where they came from.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac

I don't believe there is an organised conspiracy in the mainstream media to deflect us from the truth, or anything like that.

This thinking exercise does not require there to be an organized conspiracy, even corporate greed could be behind this.

And yes, we all know that bringing Fox News into a thread is the fastest way to farm ATS points and get huge threads going. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The century of the Self - BBC documentary that movie is so amazing. The smoking with women in the roaring 20's and 30's as astounding! Really cool video thanks for posting it.

top topics

join