It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Take Photos of the Lunar Landing Sites to End Conspiracy Theories

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It won't matter if pictures of the landing site is released to the public. There will still be those who will refuse to accept any evidence that is contrary to their opinion. They'll refuse to believe it long after they have invented ground telescopes that can see the landing sites in their own back yard.

The biggest nail in the coffin to that whole their theory is Cold War USSR. They were not watching the landing with Cronkite, they were watching it with their own military, listening to the NASA transmissions, getting reports from their spies, tracking the ships, and seeing our telemetry. Had we not gone, they would have made it a point that we didn't and shown the evidence backing it up to the world.

I'd even venture to say that the USSR military knew more about what was happening with the Apollo landings than mission control did.

I for one believe that we did land on the moon. Once we went a few times to prove it was not a fluke, congress and public interest in the moon simply vanished.

Remember, this was the goal presented by Kennedy:

"I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth." - Kennedy

He didn't say create a moon base, or continue to return indefinitely. We were to go and return safely -- thats it. We did it successfully 6 times, with Apollo 13 being a successful failure. This was a test of resolve given to the American people, and it was accomplished. The memory of Kennedy was given a standing honor in history above most world leaders, what more was needed to appease Kennedy's spirit?

The ideological concept Kennedy proposed died with him and that generation. Apollo went from the moon to Skylab. Later NASA elected for the exploration of more distant objects, namely with the Mars landing of Viking 1 and 2, and the Voyager program for the outer solar system. Today we are focused on Mars.

We haven't even been to Pluto yet, although New Horizons will finally arrive 2015

Russia skipped the moon entirely (least publicly) and went with landing on Venus with the much over looked Venera program. They too were successful and were the first at landing a man made object on another world. The heat and crushing pressure of Venus' atmosphere make this program even more of a success than it is given credit for.

The only reason the moon has become interesting is because of the prospect of untapped fuel resources close to home. The next mission will not be 'because it's there', but because their is a profit in it. If that can be proven that there is something for us to go back for, we will.

Until then, there are far more other interesting things in the solar system to land on with a limited budget. Titan, Triton, Europa, and Io come to mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Friday, 8 November, 2002, 16:08 GMT
Nasa pulls Moon hoax book

The US space agency (Nasa) has cancelled the book intended to challenge the conspiracy theorists who claim the Moon landings were a hoax.

Nasa declined to comment specifically on the reasons for dropping the publication, but it is understood the decision resulted from the bad publicity that followed the announcement of the project.

news.bbc.co.uk...

How about that they pulled the book the day after announcing it Weird huh?

[edit on 9-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Plant some dynamite , make some craters , fly with a helicopter and take some shots of the desert with the holes made by the blasting dynamite, then airbrush the pictures to remove any earth like aspects, then show it to the public.... seee we did go to the moon

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
yep they will take pictures now as they just blew up all the imortant structures on the moon
lol love how this government works, kinda like 9/11. they had the steel and materials from them buildings going to china quicker and faster than any recovery mission anyone has ever seen. including catrina

go go usa keep me sipping the kool aid and living this american dream

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

Who blew up what now?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Who blew up what now?

NASA Kaboom!!!

Bigger Boom

Observation Detail: Lcross first hit
apps.nasa.gov...

FIRST hit?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by easynow

Friday, 8 November, 2002, 16:08 GMT
Nasa pulls Moon hoax book

The US space agency (Nasa) has cancelled the book intended to challenge the conspiracy theorists who claim the Moon landings were a hoax.

Nasa declined to comment specifically on the reasons for dropping the publication, but it is understood the decision resulted from the bad publicity that followed the announcement of the project.

news.bbc.co.uk...

That's some pretty damning evidence of paid disinfo right there. Is he still on their books?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Not Authorized
The biggest nail in the coffin to that whole their theory is Cold War USSR. .

Nope already covered that a few post back Sorry Cold War was a bigger conspiracy

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

One rumor is the Cold War was front to create enough nuclear fissile/fusible elements to make the "Orion Starcruisers"................Of course this is just one of MANY theories...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

One I have not yet heard.
I knew about the ships, but this 'rumor' is new... You realize I am already swamped with work, yes?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I believe that would be an artists conception. The artist being someone called stopjo
www.nasa.gov...

The LCROSS impact isn't until October.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LOL, yea I know, you have not even got any of my pages up yet, nor my newest thread! LOL.........Just chill out, we have time to learn all this information my friend.

LOL, I am just giving you a hard time, but take it easy will you?!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You know what would be nice to end the conspiracy theories (or fuel them even more) ? Live streaming video from the moon and mars, 24/7.

I mean, if these stations already stream live video to Earth and there's nothing to hide, why not pass the feed forward so we can also see stuff in real time ? I'm pretty sure we already have the technology & bandwidth for that (youtube, google video, ustream, etc). So why not leave a 24/7 video stream running, instead of releasing just pre-selected video clips ?

Since live video cannot be edited to remove "UFOs" and that sort of thing, no time to supposedly "airbrush" stuff out of the frames, then we could settle this discussion at once...

There is a NASA Live TV, something like that, but they never stream stuff from the stations, just the inside of the base operations are streamed.

[]'s

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You realize I am already swamped with work, yes?

Ah, c'mon. We expect you can squeeze out one or two more....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
for those of us that don't know the story

like, whats story about us mining the moon for the last 40 years

that pops up hundreds of questions, like how they get the stuff there and how they get it back and all lol

mmm... suppose thats what the 'orion starcruisers' are for
mmm.. never heard of those, only thing i keep hearing about is the tr-3b

[edit on 9-7-2009 by hisshadow]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

They never announced it -- an AP reporter did. The NASA Chief Historian who had commissioned it his last month on the job had already reported for duty elsewhere. Then ABC Evening News made fun of the project. Some Congressman got pissed they were wasting one millionth of their annual salary on 'nutcases'. So they paid off the researcher for work completed.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
They never announced it -- an AP reporter did. The NASA Chief Historian who had commissioned it his last month on the job had already reported for duty elsewhere. Then ABC Evening News made fun of the project. Some Congressman got pissed they were wasting one millionth of their annual salary on 'nutcases'. So they paid off the researcher for work completed.

And bet you were kicking something at the loss of 15 grand. I know I would be...

That's a lot of debunker dough. But heck they have money to burn. Why is no one in Congress upset about the 11 million they gave Wheeling Jesuit University?

NASA Funds WJU Center to Develop Astronomy, Earth Science Courses

WHEELING, WV — A grant of almost $750,000 will allow the Center for Educational Technologies® at Wheeling Jesuit University to develop online courses on astronomy and Earth science for high school students.

The grant is one of nine proposals NASA is funding for a total of $11.5 million over two years, the space agency announced this week. The selected proposals illustrate innovative approaches to using NASA-themed content in support of secondary-level teaching and learning, with a particular emphasis on high school education.

www.wju.edu...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Ah, c'mon. We expect you can squeeze out one or two more....

okay okay... the fleet is parked near Saturn. Cassini caught a few... see Mike Singh's thread

To bad he's gone

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
that pops up hundreds of questions, like how they get the stuff there and how they get it back and all lol

Excellent point, those aren't trivial issues. A working space elevator might help but I honestly don't know if that is a pipe dream or technologically possible.

The most obvious mining opportunities to me would not involve bringing material back to earth, but instead using the mined materials for space missions so we can avoid the hige expense of blasting materials into space. If we can find water on the moon, it can be converted to rocket fuel to reduce the amount of rocket fuel that has to be lifted from earth for missions to other planets. Maybe that's part of the reason for the kinetic impact test later this year.

I don't see how other mining operations can be economically feasible in the foreseeable future. Maybe in the future beyond what we can immediately foresee?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
The most obvious mining opportunities to me would not involve bringing material back to earth, but instead using the mined materials for space missions so we can avoid the hige expense of blasting materials into space.

Quite right... it's called ISRU In Situ Resource Utilization

What is mined on the moon stays on the moon. The regolith is full of siilcon oxide, titanium oxide, iron oxide and thorium oxide. A simple solar furnace and you can make glass for fiberglass structures (and glass on the moon is as strong as steel) Iron and titanium for structures and spacecraft and thorium is a nuclear fuel

The beauty is that this process releases the oxygen in the rocks (hence oxide) which can be used for breathing or combined with the free hydrogen on the Moon to make rocket fuel and water (you burn the hydrogen and oxygen as fuel and water is the exhaust)(water is actually dihydrogen oxide
)

Convenient huh?

isru.msfc.nasa.gov...

LUNAR AND MARTIAN FIBERGLASS AS A VERSATILE FAMILY
OF ISRU VALUE-ADDED PRODUCTS
www.thelivingmoon.com...

The ONLY thing that would pay to bring back is Helium 3 HE3 to use in clean fusion reactors that leave no waste. 25 tonnes of HE3 would power the entire USA for one year... 100 tonnes would do the world for one year... there are MILLIONS of metric tonnes just lying on the moon to a depth of three meters

Shuttle capacity 25 tonnes

It has been estimated that Helium 3 would have a cash value of $5.7 billion a ton in terms of its current energy equivalent to oil at

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join