It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Take Photos of the Lunar Landing Sites to End Conspiracy Theories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I LOVE the moon landing conspiracy. It is a very simple litmus test to determine if the folks your dealing with have the ability to use common sense, reason and logic. The moment you run into someone who is ignorant in the subject of the moon landings to the point it allows them to propagate silly, idiotic points about is being fake, staged, etc....well then you know the type if person you are dealing with and can simply stop wasting your time and move on.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

[edit on 9-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Hi Iggy Long time no chat

How's tricks in the painting business these days?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Yes, this subject shows you who is worth talking to and who's worth is only in a good laugh at their nonsense.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Did anyone hear Coast last night where Richard Hoagland speculated that the Nasa launch that will crash into the moon is a cover up that will destroy the base that the US had up there because of the new space race.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I still believe that there was never a moon landing.
They have tried to land but there was already someone else there with them watching and they decided to come back home on earth

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Mine is better quality

Sorry but all he crop circle threads have pushed me off the deep end

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Slow is the best term. Almost too slow to go to the endless, stupid meetings from some of the lowest run production items I have ever dealt with. A bunch of young engineering squids that don't understand that within their meager budget there is simply no way to monitor, much less control the variables that will affect the ends result. It is things like this that allow me to believe how expense space rockets, military hardware, and even some household items are because of the management structure, and often at times mealiness production steps that are used to produce the final product.

And don't even get me started on automation. Coat an experimental UAV with some super secret liquid mud, but then tell me I have to devise procedure to do it manually with a dry film application at .3 mils thick. Hell, that lack the material control to even guarantee consistent solids content which in iteself can sway the end thickness to bewteen .3mils and .7 mils.

It's getting to the point where we are sometimes saying, thanks but no thanks, done this dance before and if never goes anywhere profitable for the companies that have to bear all the weight of RD and guarantee the process and production rates (without having control over the line workers, end user management knowledge, production environment politics, etc) My brain hurts.

I am going to open up a combination hot-dog stand and doughnut stand. Zero stress.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Can't find a download source for the 15 at Arizona State yet
wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Anyone see a d/l link?

The links are there now. The initial load time for the link you provided took a long time. Once loaded however, the individual images load fast.

Edit to add: Unfortunately, most of the images are dark.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I am going to open up a combination hot-dog stand and doughnut stand. Zero stress.

Good money in that
Pull up a truck in front of the convention center here in Vegas Make a fortune

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory The initial load time for the link you provided took a long time. Once loaded however, the individual images load fast.

Thanks I missed the .tiff link before on the side of the zoom flash script Dang those puppies are 350 megs

But your right dark as night This will take a while to d/l

Dark? heck they are as black as NASA's lunar sky

[edit on 9-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

The equipment is still going through the shakedown process. The reason the images are dark is because the areas photographed were dark.

Many of the engineering images collected last week were incredibly beautiful. LRO's orbit was just above the terminator (the day/night line), so the huge shadows highlight topography and render many relatively normal areas of the Moon nearly unrecognizable.

lroc.sese.asu.edu.../archives/70-New-additions-to-the-LROC-Image-Gallery!.html

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage The reason the images are dark is because the areas photographed were dark.

Very astute observation... lets hope that when they take the sites of interest they do it during daylight

lroc.sese.asu.edu.../archives/70-New-additions-to-the-LROC-Image-Gallery!.html

Dang it barely got the first 6 so far

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm sure they have the polar orbit carefully calculated to remain over the terminator at all times. Thus avoiding the possibility of revealing the true secrets on the surface, yet at the same time presenting magnificent displays of light and shadow which can be interpreted as being towers, domes, and cement factories.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
But your right dark as night This will take a while to d/l

Dark? heck they are as black as NASA's lunar sky

[edit on 9-7-2009 by zorgon]

The link below seems to produce a better image.
Edit: Nevermind, I think my eyes are just getting tired.

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

I guess they have there own viewer. It seems to work well. Very sharp close up pictures:

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

[edit on 7/9/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I would really LOVE for Nasa to make a mission to go see the remains of the Lunar landings and the remnants of the Apollo craft , only to find they aren't there and that the Aliens in the moonbases Nasa cover up with pixels had taken them away for analysis.
How daft would Nasa feel then?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
How daft would Nasa feel then?

Now wouldn't THAT be a kicker? I can picture them now...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I've seen the surface of mars and the face open up to reveal an escape pod. It was more real, to me in some ways, than many things NASA has shown me so far. It was in the movie "Mission to Mars". A production that had a lower budget than many satellite launches.

Nasa has a problem with authenticity.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon, I too was practically an ''Appollo groupie'' too, but somewhere down the line I heard about the Van Allen Radiation Belt, and how neither humans, nor standard photgraphic negatives could survive passing though, and these thoughts have stayed with me for years.
I am but a humble mechanical engineer, and lack the knowledge of people like yourself, John Lear, Phage, Armap, and so many other worthy posters, however, I do wonder, is it possible to have simply sent the hardware to the Moon, but the Astronauts and their photo imaging equipment by another form of interplanetary transport? [AG Craft?]happily the correct artifacts should still be in place in their original locations just waiting to be photographed?

Questions, more questions,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I always thought the van allen belts would stop any humans going to the moon. Perhaps if NASA show us some image of the apollo stuff still on the moon then perhaps we can put this one to rest. But i would guess it will only open another massive can of worms.

We shall see.

Steve

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join