It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Take Photos of the Lunar Landing Sites to End Conspiracy Theories

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My main argument against the moon landing hoax theories is this:
If you had just gotten away with the greatest scam in history, involving thousands of people, why would you risk getting caught by trying to pull it off six more times? After the first mission they could have made up something about the radiation being too intense, requiring the redesign of the spacecraft, etc. and effectively scuttled the program.

I hope the resolution of the landing site photos is sufficient to see some detail so the lower section of the lander looks like more than a grayish blob. While I believe we did go to the moon, I don't think we have been shown a complete and accurate photographic record of those journeys.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is PeopleEven when the LRO's orbit takes it aver a landing site, that part of the Moon may be in darkness at the time.

So your hedging your bets here?
"Well yeah but it was at night, but really can't you see the LM?"

I hope they do better than that no matter the out come. I was always sure they went. I was an Apollo groupie... then later things didn't jive. I know for a fact some images were 'created' for publicity. I can prove that but then I came to the conclusion they went, but are hiding something... My one regret in life is that I did not tape everything and keep ALL the news clippings. How was I to know I might need them someday.

Then I started finding the created landscapes and the stage sets complete with a revolving moon that they painstakingly recreated from Lunar Orbiter images...

So I too need to see did they or didn't they... but I bet the flags are dust by now...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just wondering, but who here truly thinks that they never landed on the moon?? Seriously? That's pretty silly IMO given the evidence. However some of the photos have anomalous aspects to them, perhaps due to editing of the time or whatever, but I don't doubt that they landed on the moon, they did land.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Can you point out exactly where the NASA representative says they are going to photograph the landing sites "to end conspiracy theories"?

Cuz I can't find it. All I can see is that they will be imaging the sites. Which is not surprising since the LRO will be passing over them. It's not like they're going out of their way to do it. I don't really think NASA gives a damn about the landing hoax conspiracy fans and their silly ideas.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
NAZA obviously read ATS.

or own it...

Do they really think we are gonna fall for their BS lies?

I absolutely agree with the poster before about NAZA spreading a lot of these HOAX rumors themselves - after all that is the clever thing to do. Problem is their method is as dated as their beginnings. And most of these old vultures hopefully are dying off due to old age.

There must be some good at NAZA - it would be the time to come clean, and fix up a shattered image of deception - by the new generation that should be able to shake their handlers grip.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by network dude

Why have we not been back and why has no other country gone?

'dude', I think this has been addressed numerous times here on ATS, I believe you've even participated in past discussions??

The USA (NASA) have not publicly been back because of resources (money) focusing on LEO manned missions, and robotic exploration of other portions of the Solar System.

Other countries really didn't have the capability...although they are certainly showing interest, which piques NASA's...

There is an undeniable strategic advantage, but there is likely a long-term energy/fuel source (means profit) ready for mining on the Moon. Think of stuff like HE3 as the "new oil"...and the Arabs can't get to it!!

[edit on 8 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

I didn't say that I am a hoax believer, just a concerned person. the questions I have about this can be answered easily, but I have them just the same. I do find it hard to believe that no other country had the resources to go when the people in Dubai can build anything they want with to oil wealth they have. that kind of money can make some big things happen. And if the HE3 could be a sellable item, you can bet those sheiks want to be behind the sales counter.

But you have to look at things from a different point of view. After all, this is a conspiracy web site isn't it?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentry-
Just wondering, but who here truly thinks that they never landed on the moon?? Seriously?

Case in point...

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Closed-mindedness and ignorance abound.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Will the photos be made public before or after they are photoshoped to remove anomalies?

THIS FOR SURE!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Sentry-
Just wondering, but who here truly thinks that they never landed on the moon?? Seriously?

Case in point...

Closed-mindedness and ignorance abound.

right back at you hiding face man

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Will the photos be made public before or after they are photoshoped to remove anomalies?

LOL i was thinking the same!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't really think NASA gives a damn about the landing hoax conspiracy fans and their silly ideas.

i don't know for sure that NASA still cares but i have read a few times in different places that they were offering up to 15,000 to anyone that could end the debate.

In 2002, NASA commissioned James Oberg $15,000 to write a point-by-point rebuttal of the hoax claims, and, in the same year, canceled their commission in the face of complaints that the book would dignify the accusations. Oberg said that he intends (funding allowing) to finish the project.[101][102] In November 2002 Peter Jennings (ABC’s World News Tonight anchor) said "[NASA] is going to spend a few thousand dollars trying to prove to some people that the United States did indeed land men on the Moon." Jennings said "[NASA] had been so rattled, [they] hired [somebody] to write a book refuting the conspiracy theorists."

en.wikipedia.org...

For years there have been rumours that the Apollo lunar landings were faked, staged on a movie set to convince the world that the US had beaten the Soviets to the Moon.

And, despite evidence to the contrary, the belief that the "one small step for man" was a sham continues to spread.

Now, having tried to stay above all the talk, the US space agency (Nasa) has finally got fed up with the conspiracy theorists and asked James Oberg, a leading aerospace writer, to produce a book that it hopes will settle the issue.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well that explains Jim's current presence on ATS...

$15,000.00
For that kinda money I might switch sides...

And that is only one contract

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I can't wait.

But as a previous poster stated, the conspiracy won't die because they'll be whining that the pics are "obviously" fakes because the government and NASA are so concerned with "stifling" their stories that they made some more stills from 13" models in a basement in California......

Wow.

The only organization right now capable of taking those pics is the government or NASA - unfortunately - they'll already be condemned before they are ever released by these nay-sayers.

That's why when the Japanese or other missions from other countries fly up there, they need to get shots too.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

right back at you hiding face man

Really now?

I'm not the one proclaiming before the photographs have even been taken that they are a lie. You have prejudged it because you are afraid you will not get the conclusion you want. That is the definition of closed-mindedness.

And by-the-by, the dig at my avatar is idiot, considering it's an avatar and you are not using your own mug.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
That's why when the Japanese or other missions from other countries fly up there, they need to get shots too.

Yeah so the Apollo believers claim

BUT

China had their chance... ChangE 1 crashed Mar 2009. They showed us one picture that six hours later was spotted to look like a Clementine image..

China immediately did a press release saying 'No its no fake, see the new crater?" Turns out the new crater was an overlap error...

Uncovered the same day as the release by
Emily Lakdawalla of The Planetary Society
No, the Chang'e image isn't fake! -- but there's no new feature in it, either
www.planetary.org...

That was pretty much it from China's moon images

Japan had their chance... Kaguya SELENE crashed May 2009... they showed us some 'HDTV" that looked more like plastic than anything on the moon... but they tell us no more pictures for 18 months (via email from their public relations)

India had their chance. Chandrayaan 1 has not crashed because after detecting gravity anomalies they increased orbit from 100 to 200 km to be safe. (or to get out of the way of LRO
)They claim to have 40,000 high res photos of the moon on their website
www.isro.org...

This is their image gallery
www.isro.org...

A search for Moon images on their site
www.isro.org...

I know a few were published... some where but where are he 40,000 high res photos?

Chandrayaan Beams 40,000 Images of Moon Surfacewww.techtree.com...

If there is nothing going on WHY CAN'T WE SEE THE PICTURES?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well one thing is for certain.A lunar landing module was built.I know because my grandfather worked on some of their components at Grummen Aerospace i n Bethpage,N.Y.when i was a kid.I will be interesting to see how its surving on the moon.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
And when these photos come to light all you will hear is "Look at the pixels they don't match!!"

Sadly, this is one some people will never be able to let go, but I personally can't wait to see the photos probably be really interesting and I am sure people will either deny them, or find an alien body in them.
Should be entertaining.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Can you point out exactly where the NASA representative says they are going to photograph the landing sites "to end conspiracy theories"?

Jesus Diaz: Would the LRO return images of the moon landings when it flies over them?
Grey Hautaluoma (NASA Headquarters, Office of Public Affairs): Yes, it will. We don't have a timeline yet for viewing the Apollo sites, but it will be in the near future.

That is the extent of the comment at the OP source

If you google this
NASA representative says they are going to photograph the landing sites "to end conspiracy theories"?

ATS is on top and one other link..
Inside the Shadows
www.insidetheshadows.com...

has an obscure post pointing to this thread

Kewl
Add this to the "Largest Solar Flare" thread and ATS will soon have a new reputation

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is good news, but trust me when I say that this will never satisfy the hardened few who still subscribe to us never having visited the Lunar Surface to begin with.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
And when these photos come to light all you will hear is "Look at the pixels they don't match!!"

Well here are the first two...

www.nasa.gov...

First Image

Second Image

Sorry I hate the 'external image pic

Can't find a download source for the 15 at Arizona State yet
wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Anyone see a d/l link?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join