It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Take Photos of the Lunar Landing Sites to End Conspiracy Theories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
According to this article , NASA supposedly has plans to photograph the Apollo Moon landing sites. will this finally put an end to the Moon Hoax theory's or will some people still deny it ? i guess it might depend on what the pictures actually show ...right ?

i personally would love to see this proved beyond any shadow of doubt because i believe they did land there. is this good news to you ?

Suck it up, conspiracy theorists, because soon your cuckoo stories about the US simulating the Moon landings will be over forever. NASA has confirmed to Gizmodo that the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will take photos of all the Apollo landing sites:

Jesus Diaz: Would the LRO return images of the moon landings when it flies over them?
Grey Hautaluoma (NASA Headquarters, Office of Public Affairs): Yes, it will. We don't have a timeline yet for viewing the Apollo sites, but it will be in the near future.

There you have it. Soon we will have photos showing the remains of the Apollo Lunar Modules, also known as LEM (Lunar Excursion Module.) Built by Grumman Aircraft Engineering, the Lunar Module was 20.9-foot tall, with a 14 feet diameter and a landing gear span of 29.75 feet.

However, the Lunar Reconnoissance Orbiter will only be able to take photos of what is known as the Descent Stage, the bottom part of the LEM that housed the main propulsion system. This part was left on the Moon's surface, while the Ascent Stage launched after each mission to rendezvous with the Command Module orbiting around the Moon.

gizmodo.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The conspiracy will never die.

When NASA takes photos of the sites, the photos will be declared fakes and there will be lots of pseudo-scientific analysis to "prove" that the new photos are also fake.

This will not die.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
waste of energy and time, it will only feed the billion-dollar "conspiracy theory" industry with new material to earn money on.

btw, why they don't map out the whole lunar surface, so we can also "stop" the discussion on moon's buildings etc....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else was listening to Richard Hoagland last night on Coast to Coast Radio, but he ttalked about this. He also put forward the possibility that NASA was the origin of the "moon landing was fake" conspiracy as a "cover" to hide the "conspiracy of silence" around Hoaglands belief in lunar anomolies.

He mentioned that he was at JPL just after the initial lunar landing and a flyby of Mars by one of the early Mars probes and while he was there he saw someone distributing pamplets claiming the moon landing was a hoax along with mylar US flags. These were supposedly distributed by a man wearing a trench coat who later was seen taking to the NASA head of PR.

It may be "just another good story" but it certainly made me wonder if their might be a connection between the "lunar hoax landing" conspiracy theory and NASA or government disinfo.

Note I am not saying I believe this or do I necessarily believe much of what Hoagland claims, but it was an interesting idea.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i don't doubt we went to the moon,

I think we went there for sure, NASA just lied about 90% of what they found.

So proving we went there will do nothing for me.

I wish i could zoom off to the moon with a digital camera, i think that's about the only way i will be truly happy with the evidence provided.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
today it is exactly 62 years ago that the roswell crash occurd and they better shed a light on that because the are allready being untruthfull on that subject and there have been many pictures taken from that landing site on the moon why didn't they release those.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
up until NASA claimed they were gong back to the moon and it was going to take a ridiculous amount of time to go, I had little doubt about the moon landings. But now, it just gives a bit of credibility to the initial conspiracy theory. Why have we not been back and why has no other country gone? If there is nothing to see there, then why would we go back? It just seems like this renewed excitement about traveling to the moon brings up more questions than it does answers.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Why have we not been back and why has no other country gone?

'dude', I think this has been addressed numerous times here on ATS, I believe you've even participated in past discussions??

The USA (NASA) have not publicly been back because of resources (money) focusing on LEO manned missions, and robotic exploration of other portions of the Solar System.

Other countries really didn't have the capability...although they are certainly showing interest, which piques NASA's...

There is an undeniable strategic advantage, but there is likely a long-term energy/fuel source (means profit) ready for mining on the Moon. Think of stuff like HE3 as the "new oil"...and the Arabs can't get to it!!

[edit on 8 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I don't know if anyone else was listening to Richard Hoagland last night on Coast to Coast Radio, but he ttalked about this. He also put forward the possibility that NASA was the origin of the "moon landing was fake" conspiracy as a "cover" to hide the "conspiracy of silence" around Hoaglands belief in lunar anomolies.

My goodness, Richard seems to think very highly of himself. The whole moon landing hoax conspiracy theory was created because of him?

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks easynow...

...hopefully the LROs orbit will take it over the Apollo 11 site (and while the site is still sunlit) before the 40th anniversary of the Moon landings on July 20th.

It would be great if a picture of the Apollo 11 landing site was released on the Anniversary day.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Will the photos be made public before or after they are photoshoped to remove anomalies?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hoagland is aware of the 'time slips' in the Continuum.

We mere mortals would call it 'revisionist history'. Some would call it words not suitable for prime time viewing....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We can only hope the photos aren't 60kb in size and in JPEG format

I'll be surprised to see any landers compared to the other pixelated cheese they've released.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Like they couldn't have placed it in the last 40 years?

This will not end anything, if anything, it will start more!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
thanks everyone for the great replies

i knew there would be some angles brought up that i wasn't considering, lol

also i really hope the pictures are good enough to satisfy at least the majority of the hoax believers. time will tell i suppose.

Hoagland is a proponent of the hoax theory ? , i just thought he believed some of the photos had been manipulated or altered to hide things

[edit on 8-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
showing the pictures of the landing sites would be amazing to see after all these years,i believe we landed on the moon but most of the pictures & video didn't really show what they actually found,whatever that maybe
interesting that they didn't do this years ago but the moon conspiracy in a way helps people get interested in space & planets

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by bluestreak53

My goodness, Richard seems to think very highly of himself. The whole moon landing hoax conspiracy theory was created because of him?

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Phage]

My bad for the poor choice of words.

He certainly was not implying the "conspiracy" was created because of his belief in lunar anomolies - but rather the "alleged conspiracy" was perhaps created to hide other things that NASA wanted to cover up - such as "lunar anomolies".

He wasn't even stating this was the case but he did make the interesting claim that the "moon landing hoax" was already being promoted just 3 days after the landing and that a person who was distributing the pamplet was also seen talking with the NASA's head of PR at a JPL press briefing area.

Of course, I have no way of knowiong if any of this is true. And I certainly have no doubt that we went to the moon. I also recall very clearly that after the great hoopla over the initial landing there was a huge amount of public apathy in the whole space program. I remember seeing a poster with a photo of Neil Armstrong on the moon with a big caption "So What!". That summarized the feeling of a lot of people who didn't see any point in going to the moon when there were still so many problems on earth such as starvation in Africa.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Another point,

Of course, all the "true believers" in the "moon landing hoax theory" will all say the photographs could now be easily faked using CGI and simple compositing.

That said, I would love to see high quality photographs of the original landing sites.

I also heard Hoagland state last night that NASA has somehow miraculously "found" the "misplaced film" from the original moon landings and that they are planning on releasing some of this film for the 40th anniversary. Up to now, the only moving film or video the public has seen were the extremely grainy lo-res video that was beamed back to earth and shown live on TV. I have fond memories of watching the astronauts bounding around on the moon's surface so I hope that we will be able to see the hi-res color film (which will certainly have all "anomolies" edited out before the public sees anything) ;-)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

...NASA has somehow miraculously "found" the "misplaced film" from the original moon landings...

If Hoagland said it like that, he's just spreading falsehoods and misconceptions.

See this thread to learn the facts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is being discussed as "missing" were just the data on magnetic tapes from Apollo 11, NOT all of the 'original moon landings'.

There is certainly plenty of video available of the other landings' EVAs.

[edit on 8 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
With other alleged satellites already orbiting around the moon, I'm surpirsed no one else has come out with these yet. It's not like the US has copyrights and a no-fly zone there.

I also wonder about the detail. Most satellite photos are grainy....aren't they?

I'd much prefer a mission there with a lander or similar probe like the ones they used in Star Wars.
We should be trying those out anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join