It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Being Ran By Emperors And Czars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There is something wrong about the word Czar being used as a title in American politics. "Czar” It has a connection to that of "Ruler" or someone who has absolute power. No one in our Country is supposed to have absolute power. I think we now have 33 Czars. Obama has broken the record.

Yes other presidents have appointed a czar but this is outrageous! How many Czars does it take to run our Country? If you look at the definitions Emperors are Czars are close in comparison. It appears these people do not answer to Congress and have unlimited powers.

Many may think the word Czar is just a silly, cute name they give the guys in charge. This shouldn’t be taken lightly. The words Emperor and CZAR usually equate to the word Dictator, control and slavery.

Which will be the next CZAR? One for Martial Law or order? Take a guess at what kind of car is driven by the GM/Chrysler Car Czar? A HONDA! What does that tell you. What does this mean to the US? Can you see what is happening? It's not Obama I dislike it's his policies and their deceptive nature.

Another day another czar

news.bostonherald.com...

Do you know how many czars have been appointed by the Obama administration? 33
Congressional Democrats want another one to bring the grand total to 34. This new czar would oversee health insurance.
According to the AP the responsibilities for this new czar would include “determining who qualifies for federal subsidies to help buy coverage, setting standards for handling grievances and appeals for claims denied, determining plan benefits for each year, policing insurance marketing campaigns, and enforcing a requirement that the insurers spend on medical care at least 85% of what they collect in premiums.”

There are several problems with adding a new czar to the federal government. First, states already have insurance commissioners who protect consumers. This would be a duplication of effort.

Second, these czars are being granted sweeping new powers and yet none of them have gone through a confirmation process. The term czar means emperor or king. So Obama administration has already created 33 kings in the federal government. They don’t have to report to Congress or a Cabinet Secretary, but yet they have all this power.
It is time to stop the czarring of our government. This is the United States not Russia.

What's up with all of Obama's Czars in his Administration?

With all the Czars that Mr. Obama has placed in his adminstration is similar to what the old USSR did. There are 3 definitions of a czar the first one is a an emperor or king; the former emperor of Russia; an autocratic ruler or leader; and the final one any person exercising great authority or power in a particular field. The thing that doesn't make sense is if he wants a open government like he said during the campaign why does he need czars? Did our founding fathers want people to have czars in Washington? No they didn't they wanted a system of checks and balances not people who weren't accountable. This is another sign of Obama trying to get rid of freedom and liberty.

www.sodahead.com...

So far, Obama has appointed a health czar, drug czar, border czar, regulatory czar and information technology czar, among others.

All have important tasks before them, but you have to wonder if their appointment blurs the traditional lines of government too much.

www.htrnews.com...

Obama’s Czars “R” US!

Here is a list of Obama’s current and prospective Czar positions:
1. Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra.
2. Drug Czar: Gil Kerlikowske.
3. Copyright Czar: Not appointed yet.
4. Energy Czar: Carol M. Browner.
5. Car Czar: Ed Montgomery.
6. Terrorism/WMD Czar: Gary Samore.
7. Health Care Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle.
8. Education Czar: Not appointed yet.
9. Economic Czar: Paul Volcker.
10. Mortgage Czar: Not appointed yet.
11. Urban Affairs/Housing Czar: Adolfo Carrion.
12. Guantanomo closure Czar: Danny Fried.
13. Great lakes Czar: Cameron Davis.
14. Stimulus accountability Czar: Earl Devaney.
15. Cyberspace Czar: Not appointed yet.
16. Border Czar: Alan Bersin (Former US attorney).
17. Intelligence Czar: Admiral Dennis Blair.
18. Regulatory Czar: Cass Sunstein.
19. Pay Czar: Kenneth Feinberg.
20. Iran Czar: Not appointed yet.
21. Tarp Czar: Herb Allison.
22. Middle-East peace Czar: George Mitchell.
23. Science Czar: John Holdren.
24. Green jobs Czar: Van Jones.
25. Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke.
26. Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration.
27. Mideast policy Czar: Dennis Ross.
28. Information Czar: Vivek Kundra.
29. AIDS Czar: Jeffrey Crowley.
30. Faith-based Czar: Joshua Dubois.
31. Climate Czar: Todd Stern.

www.dailypaul.com...

Definition; Originally, the title Czar (derived from Caesar) meant Emperor in the European medieval sense of the term, that is, a ruler who claims the same rank as a Roman emperor, with the approval of another emperor or a supreme ecclesiastical official (the Pope or the Ecumenical PatriarchOccasionally, the word could be used to designate other, non-Christian, supreme rulers. In Russia and Bulgaria the imperial connotations of the term were blurred with time and, by the 19th century, it had come to be viewed as an equivalent of King

Emperor definition is usually the sovereign ruler of an empire or another type of imperial realm. historians have liberally used "emperor" and "empire" anachronistically and out of its Roman and European context to describe any large state and its ruler in the past and present. "Empire" became identified with vast territorial holdings rather than the title of its ruler by the mid-18th century.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is the scariest part of this administration. Unregulated power to one person that was not elected or vetted by an unbiased group.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

Yes, these are non-elected people chosen and given great authority over our Country, including all the people of this land.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

At the risk of lending credence to this thread, your assertion that 'America' (I assume you mean the United States of America?) is being 'ran' (sic) by emperors and czars is just a bit far-fetched, based on your one-sided citations.

Perhaps a more modern interpretation:

en.wikipedia.org...

Metaphorical uses

Like many lofty titles, e.g. Mogul, Tsar or Czar has been used as a metaphor for positions of high authority, in English since 1866 (referring to U.S. President Andrew Johnson), with a connotation of dictatorial powers and style, fitting since "Autocrat" was an official title of the Russian Emperor (informally referred to as 'the Tsar'). Similarly, Speaker of the House Thomas Brackett Reed was called "Czar Reed" for his dictatorial control of the House of Representatives in the 1880s and 1890s.

In the United States the title "czar" is an informal term for certain high-level officials, such as the "drug czar" for the head of the Drug Enforcement Administration, "terrorism czar" for a Presidential advisor on terrorism policy, "cybersecurity czar" for the highest-ranking Department of Homeland Security official on computer security and information security policy, and "war czar" to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

On June 5th 2009, British multimillionaire businessman Sir Alan Sugar was made "enterprise tsar" of the Labour Party.

One of the earliest known usages was in "baseball czar", applied to Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis, who was named Commissioner of Baseball, with broad powers to clean up the sport after it had been dirtied by the Black Sox scandal of 1919. Although other Commissioners have been described as "czars", the term is less used than it once was, due to the Commissioner's power being made inferior to that of the owners.

Really, the need for hyperbole is a bit passe'....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I knew I could count on you to disagree with me, what's new?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Almost every one of these Czars has a corresponding cabinet member responsible for the same area!?!? If that isn't blatant government growing, I don't know what is.

Sure it is just a title, but we didn't elect these people. They weren't confirmed by Congress. A lot of them were never even formally announced in the press!

They answer directly to Obama and no one else. They are shaping policies, but they haven't been vetted out like Cabinet members or elected officials.

There is a serious issue here. The intention may be good, but the potential for abuse is HUGE!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

And then, there's this, from that Left-Wing bastion of Obama love:

www.foxnews.com...

HELP WANTED: Someone who knows how to spend $14 billion.

If a bill to provide $14 billion in emergency loans to the Big Three U.S. automakers is passed by Congress and signed by President Bush, a government "car czar" will given the task of handing out the taxpayers' cash.

The czar will also have the power to force any of the Detroit carmakers into bankruptcy in the spring if they haven't cut quick deals with labor unions, creditors and others to restructure their businesses and become viable.

But some lawmakers think a "czar" should have more power than that.

"The car czar that they put in this bill, first of all, doesn't have a lot power -- has a lot of ability to suggest things -- but doesn't have enough power to cause the restructuring," said Sen. John Ensign, R-Nevada, who opposes an auto bailout and would prefer to see the companies in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

"Plus the fact that a car czar I guess would be better than nothing if the car czar had power, but Chapter 11 bankruptcy judges have the expertise, the courts have the expertise," Ensign told FOX News. "They've been through companies with this to cause the restructuring that would be necessary for the car companies to come out of this healthier in the end."

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Youre right. Anyone with that much power and authority has unlimited power to abuse the system. No oversight, no accounting for their actions.

It would be easy go to to their head, especially when introducing themselves as a U.S Czar.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

...could count on you to disagree with me...

It's just nice to follow a little motto known as "Fair and Balanced"

Right-Wing talking point memos aside.....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Cool. I can see it in headlines now. weeddwacker appointed to internet fairness Czar.

I think any of us that had the title Czar on our business card would sense a bit of power behind that title.

I agree other Presidents have appointed a Czar or 2 but to have 33 and counting?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It's because Obama is clueless on what to do. Look at some of those Czar titles, Sudan Czar, Afghanistan Czar, then a possible Health Insurance Czar.

It's because he has no freaking clue about anything, all he knows how to do is regurgitate the party line, campaign, and spend money. He doesn't know what he is doing.

So he appoints all these Czars so they can pass what they think to his Teleprompter and he just reads whats on the teleprompter. Why do you think all of the questions are pre-packaged?

He is in way over his head, like 400 feet over his head and sinking.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I agree Obama is helpless and doesnt know how to handle ecomics, foreign policy, on and on. It makes me wonder how he got this far with no experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Because he is charismatic and the yongins in the country were suffering from Bush derangement syndrome, ACORN, and the lack of a real conservative put up by the republican party.

That is how he got elected, the silent majority didn't see the point in voting and therefore didn't turn out to vote and the increase in Black people voting and young people voting is what caused him to win. No, that is not a racist sentence it is the truth.

Although the people that were apathetic to the going ons in our government now see the mistake they have made by trusting the government.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Do you believe in the theory that perhaps Obama didnt choose his cabinet, rather his cabinet chose him? I dont expect you to agree.

I think Paul Volcker, the highest ranking illuminati figure is calling the shots in Washington.

It's odd to think an unknown would make it to the Presidency

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No, his cabinet was picked off who ever helped him get elected.

The media and charisma got him elected and also him being black and catchy campaign slogans.

His advisers probably had a little bit of input, I believe the main requirement was being a "yes man".

As far as TBTP wanting to crash the economy, I'm starting to lean the other way and say that the collapse was unavoidable, every empire suffers the same end, which is collapse. I honestly can't think of any reason why they would want a complete and total collapse, which is where we are heading.

Also things on the sociological side are not the right conditions to consolidate power.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It's the Global elite and G20 nations that want a united government and monetary system. This is the only goal I could see if, in fct it was done intentionally.

These business men saw this coming and kept quiet, not wanting to damper the wealth and prosperity that was going on.

The stock market peaked in Oct. 2007 then gravity took hold. Main street is a bit more complex, yet tied together.

A stimulas 2 wouldnt be too good for any of us. I dont know what to expect. I think even the experts are at awe of the situation.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Obama does have alot of economic experience. The most dangerous thing you cn do is underestimate someone.

How could you possibly underestimate Obama he has an IQ of 146.
Do you think that he made it this far by blindly stumbling into it.

Seriously if i was an american i would be demanding acountablility and transperancy in government. Letting them get away with al this is why we are ALL in this mess in the first place. AS soon as kennedy got shot, EVERYONE SHUT UP, no more rallies, no more protests.
Because if kennedy could get killed then why can't I. Fear is control.

Seriously underestimating Obama will get you into trouble. He IS dangerous. Think ahead of the curve guys, its like everyone here just sees and regurgitates, think if he is appointing more czars why...
now if there was a reason, what would it be, and to what end...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I thought about getting put on the terrorist list. As long as I have freedom of speech I will continue. Yes it can be dangerous. They are certainly monitoring ATS and others. Even internet is spied upon. Then they will know many know what is going on and how we will react to the change.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Star and Flag

Thanks for the info on this subject matter...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it strange for Obama constantly appointing 'czars'....

Sounding more fascist every day

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Yea, I know that, but the rate it is going, people aren't going to go for a untied monetary system or government. They aren't going to get their wish.

Obama is stupid, I don't care if he does have an IQ of 145 or whatever it is, it still doesn't make somebody "smart". It just makes him good at a test.

The mess they created was way too big for them to control. The only way they are going to bring in a world monetary system or world government is through a revolution.

People give this one small group way to much credit. They are people just like you and mean, no smarter or dumber. They are not super humans they all make mistakes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join