It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's space programs share the Vector symbol....why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
When I read the OP and scrolled the pics I stopped to ponder what they could be getting at with the vector, and then the usually used image of something in a 'satellite' trajectory. From what I first thought is that it looks to represent something (shuttle, monkey, uncle Ernie's ashes) going into space then returning. I took them to mean something positive and was happy to see that there wasnt any logo's that had a straight line with a mini explosion at the end.

either that or representation of a traverse through our space as it would be in an arc.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

SpacePunk... these people all want to go to SPACE! Where in that pursuit do people with no imagination fall into that? Theres no steampunk involved here, Detroit diesel doesnt make a powerplant to haul guys up there. If they want to get a guy into SPACE im sure they could mash some thinking and get a decent logo. - - sorry side rant.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by remotemedic

I agree with you, but I don't see much in the way of imagination in the way of launching payloads in different ways. The preponderance is still for mounting the payload on top of a controlled explosive. Virgin Galactic is the only organization that has done any sort of launch with a horizontal takeoff/landing system, although suborbital.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
www.virgingalactic.com...

Hey even Virgin Galactic has it.

Nice observation OP.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If you Google Elder Sign, the most common image should be of a star made up of vectors. This was used in H.P. Lovecrafts writings to help keep away aliens beings (polyps, migo, great old ones). Just throwing it out there

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Some of these observations seem to be splitting hairs in finding the vector image in these space agency logos, The vector is a great representation in graphic design for a craft launching perpendicular from the Earth (the straight line), and then entering an arc of orbit (the curved line).
Piggy backing, is a great way of marketing. In many mediums using the same silhouettes, composition, or chord progressions to subconsciously promote a project yield great
results.
However I'm not convinced this is a coincidence or simple piggy backing. Here is why: Say your country just started a new space program, and you were in charge of logo design. Yes aerodynamic shapes would be a good element, and yes keeping it simple is taught in logo design 101. But there is no need to piggy back. You really don't need to sell a product, because you already have a new space program, so your citizens, if not over taxed for the project, are going to be stoked. Also why would you need to use the piggy backing technique to sell yourself to the "big dogs" in space flight? They would eventually catch on, and mock your agency for being even more inferior, not only for being late in the "Space Race", but now for copying them as well. It is likely that the country's prerogative would be to come up with a new original inspiring design, showing their Independence. There are more than enough creative minds out there to accomplish this without copying others, and if you can afford to pay for a rocket going into space, you can afford a decent graphic designer.

On the logos that don't have vectors
It seems normal that not all the logos for the various space agencies have these vector symbols. I am not sure if this forum is entirely based on 'Moon Rising', but in my recollection of that video, it was stated that the logo was mostly prevalent in the design of the patches for the manned missions to space, but also appeared in some of the space agencies' main logos Perhaps a good analysis on this topic would be to see if all known astronauts that have left the Earth's atmosphere, have worn patches, with a vector, that wasn't difficult to discern.

It is strange that these vectors appear so prevalently, and would be surprising if it is in fact just a coincidence and product of Graphic Designers' lack of creativity.

I guess this is a borderline side note, but what is the explanation, or supposed explanation of the Mercury mission logo? It has the vector in the "seven" part of it, but it is an especially creepy symbol. Does anyone know any origins of it? Is it Masonic? or Greek? Some symbol of witchcraft? any ideas?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok, I just looked up some stuff on symbolism, and this symbol, without the seven(vector shape) part in the center of the circle on top is an old alchemist's symbol for the element mercury. So why add the seven or vector?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
its the symbolic embodiment of Apollyon.. "Apollo".. who represents the specific areas of knowledge man is to master in order to ascend.

He holds 3 primary objects that communicate these areas of study..

The serpent on the staff passed down to Asclepios and Hermes/Mercury is the mastery of the actual physiological alchemical transmutation of the sexual energies into the living spirit.. metamorphosis of man to god-man..

The Lyre symbolizes the mastery of frequencies, the electromagnetic spectrum and sound... and time.

The BOW AND ARROW represent the mastery of TRAJECTORY..
in order to successful manipulate remote locations, man must master the mathematics and technology involved at doing so.
ie: space probes.. their orbital trajectories, launch specs .. everything.

this is the symbolic prescription for intellectual evolution, hinted at in the embodiment of Apollo, and man uses his intellect to extrapolate those specific areas of knowledge... using these symbols as general signposts as to which direction to take.

the insignia you repeatedly see concerning aero-space is that of the ARROW of APOLLO's BOW AND ARROW = TRAJECTORY.

-

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the Microsoft Vista sceensaver has the same symbol?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We told them to use the logo cause we were first and we tell
them how to do the space business.
We also say they better do the space business to be our friend.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well it's no space agency but it has a lot of power, that's for sure:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It seems some have located a universal symbol, because it is odd to see it within so many agencies even STARTREK LOL. Yes Earth is learning!!
Amazing I never seen this pointed out like this before.
s&f for your efforts friend.

[edit on 5/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In order to even begin engineering these types of craft, your country and space program would have to have extensive knowledge and expertise in calculus, esp. vector calculus. You just can't get around it, and I think that might explain some of these symbols and the common theme...

From Wikipedia:
Vector calculus (or vector analysis) is a branch of mathematics concerned with differentiation and integration of vector fields, primarily in 3 dimensional Euclidean space The term "vector calculus" is sometimes used as a synonym for the broader subject of multivariable calculus, which includes vector calculus as well as partial differentiation and multiple integration. Vector calculus plays an important role in differential geometry and in the study of partial differential equations. It is used extensively in physics and engineering, especially in the description of electromagnetic fields, gravitational fields and fluid flow.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
So, basically people. If you think there is no connection...then you believe its all just coincidence.

I can handle the fact that it may be nothing, and thats just fine with me.

However, one does have to wonder why such similar logos with countries that are NOT allies in any way.

I think that to say aerospace and V shaped logos go together is a bit far. I'm not saying there is some grand conspiracy, but I think there is a little more than just a coincidence. I can think of a million different logos to use, but yet they use the same feature in the ones shown. Isn't that a little odd...I mean, if your a country trying to show your spaceflight independence, are you gonna copy some logo from another country??? or incorporate similar features into your own, why would you do that? Wouldn't you want your own space program to stand out from the rest?

I would have to agree with that.

Human ego would do something like what you say.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I Think the OP is onto something....
edit on 27-2-2011 by 4hero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am surprised no one has seen the photo's of the vector shaped objects that have been photographed /filmed in both space and here on earth.

Unfortunately I am at work right now so I am unable to find and load the photo's, can do so when I get home tonight.

I'll give a short explanation, in that video ( rising moon ) it shows the vector symbolism, but it also showed the reason why the creator of the video thought they all shared the vector symbol. ( unless i saw a diff version )

A very clear photo of a glowing object was taken by NASA ( in the background ) and when zooming in a little a very clear vector shaped object is seen, there is also another where this glowing vector shaped object is shown in the reflection of a NASA astronaut's helmet visor.

Then a few more were spotted by a very patient guy with alot of time on his hands...He took large amounts of photographs from the NASA website and went through all of them, now most of these photo's he went through are photo's of the sun, where it is taken in infrared or some such, anyway, he found a few of these photo's when cleared up and zoomed in also contain these glowing vector objects, all very interesting.

It is clearly the same as the vector symbol the space agancies uses, so the question is not WHY these agencies share this symbol...but WHAT this vector shaped object actually is, and why do they choose to copy it ?? And are they paying homage to something they know/knew about before the first space launch ?
edit on 27-2-2011 by TheVoodooGamer because: edit text

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ok as promised, here are some photo's of vector's photographed in space.

magic-ufo.forum-phpbb.in...

And here is the youtube video of the guy I mentioned, I am not sure if I believe his theory, but look at the vectors he uncovers in the video...

And here is another great video by LunaCognita regarding the vector, or "chevron"

Make sure you watch until the end of the video for the vector object in the reflection of the astronaut's helmet.

Again...Who or what is it that these agencies are paying homage to ?
edit on 28-2-2011 by TheVoodooGamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

Coincidence? you ask. Not really, the vector symbol has a lot to do with complex space calculations as far as I kind of remember from a Algebra I course I took during my studies at a German University.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
We told them to use the logo cause we were first and we tell
them how to do the space business.
We also say they better do the space business to be our friend.

Who is we? And why did I not get the memo?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It can be the unconsciously suggested vector of our evolution.
As it is known Tsiolkovsky has been dreaming his developments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join