It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindness Will Make a Difference.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Excellent OP!!

I've tried to make it a habit in daily life to do something kind or just smile at someone. Petty little things like letting someone out into traffic can have knock-on effects we'll never know about..Hold open a door. The best is to get used to making spontaneous compliments...a kind word is magic. Catch someone doing something good? Don't keep it to yourself..tell them!

The opposite of this is what might happen if we don't spread a little love around. That guy that you didn't let out in traffic could be the straw that broke a camel's back. The butterfly wings effect is true. Extreme examples like somebody 'going postal' is the result of a looooong chain of events....

One kind action can break the chain and you'll never even no about it

This article changed my life...

At least 1,300 known persons have committed suicide by jumping from the bridge. Only 28 have survived a jump from the bridge since its completion in 1937. The workshop chairperson cited a 26-year follow-up study of 515 individuals who were restrained from jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge. Ninety-four percent were still alive or had died from natural causes 26 years later. He noted that the study provided a strong argument for suicide barriers.
Just a smile and a hello on the Golden Gate Bridge

A suicidal man left a note saying that if anyone smiled at him on the way to the GG Bridge he wouldn't jump. The note was recovered after he jumped...

A simple smile...a kind act? They can save lives without any effort whatsoever....open a door and smile like an idiot

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

You got your message accross in the most perfect way, well done, nice story, I agree 100%

[edit on 9-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoomoo
S&F for you!

This is a very touching story... hope it happens to me as well (someone wants to cheer me up).

I found a flower, it's very pretty, pretty like you. Here you can have it, it will make you feel better.

That will be 5$ please. And 3$ for postage and Packaging.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We are two old ladys from ohio who were lost in BFE Indiana looking for a chihuahua breeder. After being lost for a couple of hrs in a very wooded area we found a stop and rob. A lady in there heard us ask the cashier for directions, then offered to lead us there useing her GPS. It took her 22 mins to lead us there. Being so grateful to this stranger we swore to always pay it forward. 5 days later we got the chance to lead an older couple from another state, to kings island amusement park here in ohio. We will continue to pay it forward.

Magantice

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Star and Flag

This is very worthy thread

But why and experiment?

This should be an everyday thing.

I think I am going to try and follow this every day.... not sure how... but i'll give it a go.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
About two months ago, I was in really good spirits for no particular reason and felt like making some people smile.

So I bought two bunches of flowers and stood at the exit of the grocery store and handed everyone who came out a flower. One or two people looked at me suspiciously, but most were stunned that I didn't want anything from them and was just giving stuff away. Most looked like I was just making their day.

The best part was, there were four youths that looked like they could be in a gang, bringing back loads of empty beer cans for recycling. They all had this kind of sinister look like they'd be happy to smash your face in if you looked at them the wrong way. I politely asked one if he wanted a flower, and he said, "Why yes, I would. Thank you!" The others wanted one, too, and they all trudged across the parking lot, happily and gingerly carrying their tulips. It was too cute. Who'd have thunk?

In the end, I had to leave, because the grocery store manager asked me to... store policy or some crap. But anyhow, I guess I made a lot of people just a tiny little bit happy that day. Try it some time... it feels great.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've met a lot of people in my short time being here and I wish I could say that the world is full of really good people. In no way am I trying to being a raincloud to this thread to rain on all of your happiness (because in my life up until this point and probably beyond I've been known to be an embodiment of all things negative), but I really cannot bring myself to thinking that society is dominated by people with kind thought. It'd be the ideal environment to be in, but seriously, these days it seems only a few people want to be kind, or the only people that want to be kind to you will be the people that will expect something in return, or want something from you.

This sort of act ends up just becoming soul draining and they end up getting a lot out of you while you're left with nothing, sometimes even less than what you had to begin with emotionwise. I'd go so far as to call myself highly sensitive and it's only something I've recently discovered in the past year or so.

I'm pretty far from being a perfect being, but these days I try. I'm not exactly outside trying to make the world better place, but at the same time I'm not inflicting misery on anyone with words or physical harm. What I do, however, find myself being called over and over again is "negative" and all sorts of other stuff which I find quite sickening considering I'll be called this by people who aren't exactly the best human beings themselves. Constantly I'll be told to look in the mirror if I make a judgement, but I couldn't really care about myself anyway, and I'm fully aware that I'm also the type of person I despise, and I've no right to be judgemental, but half of the time I do judge a persons personality over three quarters of the time I'm correct.

This rant feels somewhat unnecessary and probably even strays away from the topic completely, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I do try my best to treat others with as much respect as I can, putting them before me in most circumstances. Some notice, but most don't and most won't even give a crap about your respect for them and will go to any length to disrespect you.

I'd very much like to see disrespectful people ended.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Here is a suggestion that you may seriously consider. I have read a book recently that seems to help me understand my state of being, and how I might be able to work on certain aspects of my negative self.

It will answer quite a few questions about why people are negative and why we are the way we are.

Let me know what you think after you get through it. It was the best 10 bucks I have spent in awhile.

Awakening to your Life's Purpose

Peace

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Realtruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join