It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three arrested in attack posted on YouTube

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Three arrested in attack posted on YouTube

www.theglobeandmail.com...

The confrontation and subsequent assault, filmed and posted on YouTube by an unidentified neighbour, shows three fit, young Caucasian males attacking Mr. Phillips in the parking lot of his Courtenay, B.C., apartment complex. After taking turns swinging and missing for a minute or so, one of the attackers tries to kick Mr. Phillips, who deftly knocks him to the pavement.

All three men then jump Mr. Phillips, punching and kicking him as he lies on the ground in a fetal position. At several points, the attackers can be heard yelling racial slurs at him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sigh...

What I want to know, is why did this video even make its way ON to youtube, to begin with?

If we're dealing with a racial hate crime, and a gang-type of assault, why wouldn't the videographer just immediately turn the video over to the authorities, rather than broadcast it on youtube?

Either way, it shows that ugliness is alive and well...Funniest part of the article is the "3, FIT, young caucasian males"...FIT? They didn't look particularly fit to me. lol

www.theglobeandmail.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Without seeing the first part of the incident its hard to say who started the mouthing off first.

The black guy was heard throughout the whole video yelling "come on" and the white guys may have been saying something. I couldn't really understand what they were saying until the end.

As far as the 2x4 in the video.

I have rigged a holster on my bike to hold a lead pipe for protection, I also have a concealed weapons permit that I use to its fullest extent. It isn't unheard of for people to carry those mini louisville sluggers either. People would be stupid not to carry something to protect themselves with.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I don't get this race crime crap.. assault is assault. If I were to hit a woman.. its assault, its not a 'gender' crime.

I hate youtube personally and it's going too far now. Its nowhere near moderated no matter what they say and it takes over people's lives. The amount of losers posting pointless crap on there (that millions more losers are watching) is just plain sad. Do these people not know of outdoor activities?

Sorry back on topic, no they didn't look particularly healthy to me either!

The snippet of the story didn't also point out the fact that the 'victim' looks like a thug aswell. Fair play it was completely uncalled for, there's no reason to be shouting stuff like that at someone walking down the street or threatening and then beating someone in the street.

But... if someone was griefing you like that and you were outnumbered would you honestly shout 'eff you too'

I always grief back anyone that gives me jip as they drive past but not if I'm outnumbered. I don't want a beating over some dick shouting obscenities at me, not worth it

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

they guys were apparently shouting racial abuse at him whilst they were trying to fight him. (though you can't hear it on the video)

To be honest, they're wussies, 3 on 1 and they didn't even get 1 clean punch in when he was standing. He got a couple off and stood his own well. Kudos to him for that. Makes ya sick though, doesn't it? 3 muppets like that, thining that they're big and hard picking on a bloke on his own. Cos he's a different colour. One can only hope that one day, they grow up and start acting like adults. I'm glad they got nicked, I hope they get some time for their troubles.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
maybe he was the local drug dealer??

I'd like to see the first 2 minutes that wasnt shown and a little background on all involved..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thats one Of My friends Uncles Hmm I saw Her talking about it on FB Surprising o see it on here. Good thing they caught thee bastards

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Maybe the white guys were drug dealers and the black guy was totally innoncent - I know that may seem like a totally random, new concept...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Thats why I added that I'd like a little background on all 3 before i comment...Kinda random,wanting to know a bit more than a random fight with some N words thrown in..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
The black guy was heard throughout the whole video yelling "come on"...

A very effective way to psyche yourself when confronted with three (potentially racist) animals bent on kicking your arse...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Sorry but thats just pride kicking in..

What sparked this whole thing off anyways?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Kinda random,wanting to know a bit more than a random fight with some N words thrown in..

Three white guys threatening to lynch a black guy unless he leaves town - not just N words in the heat of a random fight.

The real question is did they make those threats and taunts...

Let's see...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by skibtz

Sorry but thats just pride kicking in..

Not sure what you mean...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
it's just stupid people being stupid. Sad that they had to use the three against one thing. Almost like if they went at it alone, they would have been beaten down. I would say that the three musketeers were quite lucky the gentleman didn't have a gun. That would have constituted a justifiable risk and he would have been in the right to pop them. Punks should keep things like that in mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wow, so when there is a ton of videos on the net showing groups of black people attacking white people at random thats fine but when its a flailing of fists that has no way of showing who the agitator was to start the fight then surely it must be some of them evil white folk attacking a random black guy for a laugh.

I don't see many threads on ATS, reports on the news or general uproar about the many many videos (go to any fight video site) of such cowardly assaults when the race roles are reversed.
But then of course it doesn't count as racist or indeed anything when its black on white.

Why else do you think the media is quick to point out white on black crime and hide under the PC bullshhh.. and avoid all acknowledgement of black on white crime.

Oh and no I don't condone the attack, I just get tired of the word racist only being attributed to white people.
How do we know the black guy in the video didn't start it, he certainly seems to be goading the fight unlike when I see a flash mob pummel a white kid and his girlfriend to death.

*sigh* commence ignorant denial, I wont bother reading the responses to this because you know what's happening and so do I, if you don't then your either in denial, have a wonderful sheltered brainwashed life or just an ignoramus.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'd like to see the first 2 minutes that wasnt shown and a little background on all involved..

proper racsist quote that. Why would he be the local dealer, just coz he's black.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
One on one that black guy would have murdered the white guys. They didn't have clue. What was telling is the way they all rushed in once the poor guy was down on the floor. Very brave!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by skibtz

Probably some verbal exchange but I'm not sure I need to know what the verbal exchange was to form an opinion. You're allowed to call people names, you're not allowed to hit other people, and once it got physical, the white guys were the aggressors here, they should get some jail time for this.

I see Mr Philips had martial arts training, my sensei told me to run to avoid a fight and only use the training if I was backed into a corner and had no choice but to use it, maybe he didn't get the same advice from his sensei. In any case he did pretty well for a three against one confrontation.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
racist well maybe if you insist,but certainly not PC..

Its a shame people are afraid to ask questions like that,maybe just mabe I'm correct..People are afraid to be Anti-pc..

But no,you refused to read the second line and make heads or tails of that..

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Three men of color fighting one man of color = gang related violence
Three men of color fighting one WHITE man = gang related violence
Three white men fighting one white man = a fist fight
Three white men fighting one man of color = a race related hate crime

Personally, and others have stated this too, that hate crimes are ridiculous. Violence is violence and is to be punished by the law or its not. People everywhere are so eager to drag this "race" thing as far as they can ensuring that it stays alive. They want to claim that we are all humans, but then designate differing laws to govern us. Some for me, some for you, a couple for him because he is gay, more for that guy because he's brown, etc. We all need to grow up quit making the distinctions in the first place.

as an aside: I could add women to the top list and without a doubt garner several sex related remarks from someone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join