It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Genre/Artist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
-Favorite Genre/Artist-
I was just wondering what everyones favorite genre of music is, and there favourite artist/group.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
music playing in background:Telsa - Caught in a Dream

HelloweenBest Band in The World

favorite songs: Halloween, Mission Motherland, Midnight Sun, Nothing to Say, Still I don't know, etc....(list goes on for like another 100 songs)

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Grapes of Wrath, Tesla was a good band btw, White Lion, Bon Jovi, Boston, Lover Boy, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Midnight Oil, Poison, REO Speedwagon, Rush, U2, some of Madonna's stuff, Van Halen - Jump, too many really to count.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
any fans of hip hop? please post if you are

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If you referring to POP i kinda liked George Michael in the 80's before he umm well you know

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I really enjoy Classic Album Rock of the 70s, with bands like Led Zep, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, the Who, and some lesser knowns.

I do have a guilty pleasure in the 80s as I listen to many of the pop singles there and tell no one about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My all-time favourite genre is blues, & preferably acoustic blues. Yep, the old 12-bar style that birthed nearly all modern music. My collection starts from the way-back times of Jelly Roll Morton through to New Orleans jazz, field hollers, Leadbelly, Delta blues, you name it - right through to early R & B, rockabilly, & the earliest R & R recordings. Have plenty R & R too & some more modern stuff.

As for favourite artist - the one & only Van Morrison. Sure, you've all heard Brown-Eyed Girl, and every garage band learns Gloria for starters. It annoys me how radio stations just play Van's early stuff. Don't they realise he recorded Gloria with John Lee Hooker in the 90's [Too Long in Exile album] - & it's a marvellous version of this done-to-death song? [BTW, has any of you heard the Patti Smith version of Gloria - that's really something]

Van's been releasing a new album every year since I don't know when. Multi-talented, multi-instrumentalist, lyricist, producer, arranger, and one of the few deserving of the overworked term, "song stylist". Pity about his personality problem, but hey, you get that!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Websurfer Helloween were cool in the old day in my opinion when the had Mr Kiske on vocals and Mr Hansen on guitar.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Favorite genre- Rock = Queen, Zep, Purple, Heep, GNR, Tool you get the drift.

Artist implies "a" person- Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Buffet(happy tunes).

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Rap/HipHop/Hard Rock/Soft Rock/Metal/Classical

Love em ALL!!!!! (cept for bluegrass/country ewwww
)

Ill go through each

Rap- G-Unit....I have every one of there main Mixtapes
HipHop- Black Eyed Peas
Hard Rock- Linkin Park
Soft Rock- 3 Doors Down
Metal- Statix X
Classical- Tchaikovsky

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Rap/HipHop/Hard Rock/Soft Rock/Metal/Classical

Love em ALL!!!!! (cept for bluegrass/country ewwww
)

Classical- Tchaikovsky

Yeah, I freakin HATE bluegrass, and country to a lesser degree. Gotta give you points for classical, Tchaikovsky is my fav. as well. Hope you spelled it right, I copied it from you.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Favorite genre- Rock = Queen, Zep, Purple, Heep, GNR, Tool you get the drift.

Artist implies "a" person- Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Buffet(happy tunes).

SRV is one hell of a guitar player though

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My main Genre i go for is punk rock (not pop punk coz thats an oxymoron and the music sux)... i'm also heaps into hip-hop and a bit from most other genres too... dont really have favorate bands but rancid, nfx, pennywise, ramones, run dmc, cypress hill, 1200 techniques, hilltop hoods are all up there

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Websurfer Helloween were cool in the old day in my opinion when the had Mr Kiske on vocals and Mr Hansen on guitar.

That was funny... That was a joke right.

Dude, there best albums are Master of the Rings, Time of The Oath, and The Dark Ride all song by Andi Deris.

If your a huge fan of Kiske and Hansen, then I suggest pointing you to the official Gamma Ray website. click below...
www.gamma-ray.com...

[Edited on 17-6-2004 by websurfer]

No joke not funny they were at there peak with Kiske and Hansen i mean they have gone down hill since they left trust me. The only 2 albums i have are Keeper of the Seven Keys 1 and 2 i had Pink Bubble Going Ape and that was after Hansen left it stil had Kiske but it still sucked big time after i herad theat album i didnt bother listening to them an d never will cos the core of the band have left.

Take Maiden they sacked Blaze and got Brucie back cos they realised Blaze sucked after the first albunm with him

Hell this is the most i have ever written
(j/k)

[Edited on 17-6-2004 by drunk]

[Edited on 17-6-2004 by drunk]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Static-X is my current favorite band

When asked to described their music in two words, wayne static replies:

EVIL DISCO

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Left coast punk rock!!!!

Best Band ever = Descendents!!!

'Nuff said!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Nothing beats Gunners when I'm in a bad mood! Good to see an Oils fan here, Sapphire - and did you know that Peter Garrett is standing for Parliament in NSW?

Love topics like this cos this is one way in which I "discover" music I wouldn't otherwise have known about.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
White Stripes, QOTSA, Badly Drawn Boy, Beck, The Hives, Outcast, The Streets, Depeche Mode etc, etc..

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Holy minimalism - Arvo Part
Minimalistic minimalism - Philip Glass
Post-rock minimalism - Labradford

Faggot minimalists - Princess Tinymeat, Marc Almond (tied)

J/K on some part of that lot.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I like rock from 60s-90. Bands like, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, Eagles, Wings, Queen, Van Halen, GNR, Motley Crue, KISS, Boston, Styx, Black Sabbath.....

My favourite artist is Jimmy Buffet, I can't see how anyone can listen to some of his songs and hate it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join