It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Kids May Have Been Zapped at Florida Prisons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
MIAMI — More than 40 children shocked with stun guns while visiting prisons in April may not have been the first ones zapped, according to a report released Tuesday.
Link

No children were seriously hurt or taken to hospitals. At one prison, those who had been shocked were told they could be first to get hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch, according to the report. Some asked to be shocked and laughed afterward.

The Department of Corrections also investigated a demonstration the same day where children were accidentally exposed to the tear gas when the wind shifted, but none required medical care.

I guess I just don't get it. What would be the point of teaching kids what it's like? It was a 'take your child to work' day? At a PRISON?

Tell me it's all a bad dream.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When you get tazed in a controlled environment, it's very easy to minimize the risks. In real life, there aren't two people standing by your side, holding your arms, to prevent you from falling flat on your face, smashing your head onto pavement, twisting your back, etc.

And even in some of the training exercises with tazers, which the cops must participate in, people have been seriously injured.

These things are not safe, in my opinion, and are used wantonly by officers who have been trained to think they are perfectly safe.

join