It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tradgic World, Is it savable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Been thinking of posting this for a while but didn't wan to come across as beeing over dramatic.

A bit of background, I am a man of 28 years of age. I am getting married at the start of August to the most wonderful woman in the world. My childhood was very troubled (dont really want to go into it but it was pretty bad at the start but my grandparent gave me a good life in the end). This drove me to want a family of my own so that I could make up for this which is pretty normal i think. As a rule I am upbeat and positive person who is trying to makes things better where i can. I try to show compassion, forgiveness, love and always move forward as I believe if you let negative emotions affect you eventually they control you. When that happens people often become the very thing they despise.

For the past 10 years I have become more and more aware of how the world seems to be going down the drain. SO many wars and so my personal experiences of how alot of people asr so selfish and care only for themselves.

Every day now I see how more and more good things are disappearing from the world and being replaced with more and more evil.

I find myself asking the question "Is this world savable? Can we ever truly have peace in humanity?"

Now, I am not religeous alltho was christened a CAtholic and am fairly familair with the bible. I want to believe in a God soooo much but the bible for me just not stand up scientifically. I do truely want to believe something is out there tho , i guess most people do.

Reason I ask this question is because I am entering into a stage in my life where I can start my family, which I want more than anything in the world. But can I in good conscience do this when I can not answer the above question?

What do you guys think, do you have similar feelings?

Dont get me wrong I will not stop trying to make the world better and I will never give up but is this something that is fair to burden my child with. I am having a hard time explaining but hopefully you get my meaning.

On a side note i am recently awaken from things like the Bilderburgs etc

Peace

P.S Sorry for any grammer or spelling errors but I am at work on my lunch break. I just had to get this off my chest.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If the people in power would just back off with wanting to make money so much then we have a shot.
For me the problem is that the worlds problems can be solved quite easily but it won't happen unless the money is right.
We could have free clean energy that would help the planet but nope...no money in that.
We could stop starvation by changing golf courses into gardens but nope....no money in that.
If people stop being greedy then yes but those greedy financial guys just will not stop and worry about others.
Delete the elite is how we can help the planet in my opinion.

Edit to add....Congrats on getting married.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Humans have been through much worse times in history. I was watching a program about the Blitz in London in WW2 where half of london was destroyed by German bomb raids, yet people carry on got on with their lives, gave birth to children in Tube stations.

you cant live your life thinking we're all doomed. Have kids have a family, it's what your here for

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Is the world savable? simply yes.

Is Humanity savable? simply NO we are currently so screwed.

Unless we have a mass awakening by the people not just a few souls that frequent this site and others like it, we need a full awareness course for every single individual on the planet, we need to start showing the world's population that we are not individuals, we need each other in some form or other, we need to have respect for each others beliefs, morals, and personalities.

We are bombarded by racewars, class wars, coke wars, that we are told to hate by the MSM that every black, white, muslim, christian, poor person and rich person should hate the opposite , for the simplest reason.

We are told that to get respect you either need a lot of money, or to beat the other person up with physical strength. We do not show the elderly the respect they deserve, after all they fought the wars before we were born that allow us the freedoms we enjoy today? if they didn't fight for what they believed in we would all be living in some third world mentality dictatorship the civilised world hates so much.

We are shown on TV that to be popular you must be stupid, but pretty.That you might be loved for simply being simple and niave.
We don't allow people to follow whatever path they choose simply because WE don't follow their thinking, we have to change them to our way of thinking.

We need to have the MSM for the people and not the ones that pay for the channels to show what they want us to see, to make us think like them. We need TV shows that actually show charity, not money grabbing. That show love not sex, that show compassion not violence.

We need to make the children aware that even though we as their adults borrowed the world from them they too borrow it from the children that follow in their footsteps, and that its NOT theirs to destroy or pollute.

If we didn't get so angry all the time, by the person that cuts us up in the traffic on the way into work , or by the man that stood on our toe whilst waiting for the train, if we just let it go , we'd learn to forgive them, not dwell on the anger seething throughout the day, if we offered help to someone who needed it but instead of reward how about asking them to pass on the favour to someone in need in the future?

They might , they might not, but at least if you kept doing it when you could , you may start a ball rolling , one that may pick up speed and momentum to help your fellow man, and not look after one self.

Maybe then we will be savable

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

My childhood was very troubled (dont really want to go into it but it was pretty bad at the start but my grandparent gave me a good life in the end). This drove me to want a family of my own so that I could make up for this which is pretty normal i think.

Please, DO NOT start a family for this reason. It makes having children all about you, and filling a void in your life, and it would be unfair to the child.

It seems like a selfish reason for having a child, and thus part of the problem with the world today.

Best wishes to you on your marriage, but wait a while before you have children.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Congrats on your impending marriage. That word 'impending' sounds kinda negative.
But good luck!

I hope I don't come across as being too negative. I have a few rug rats myself and they are the light of my life.

I agree with Blanca that you should really make sure you are doing it for the right reason.

Even if the world WASN'T a messed up crap hole that's fixing to implode, I would recommend that you wait at LEAST a year after your marriage to commit to having any children. It's the fairest thing for you, your wife and your children. You need to INSURE your compatibility with your mate before you begin poopin' out kids. You don't have to, but PLEASE believe that is the voice of experience talking, no WARNING you.

I would would seriously just recommend that you wait at least a year and see how things are going in the world and how you feel about your partner.
You're still young. I'm assuming your soon-to-be wife is as well. Don't rush it just so you can experience the joy faster. Some things are worth taking your time.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Please, DO NOT start a family for this reason. It makes having children all about you, and filling a void in your life, and it would be unfair to the child.

It seems like a selfish reason for having a child, and thus part of the problem with the world today.

Best wishes to you on your marriage, but wait a while before you have children.

I think I did not communicate very well when I said that. We have been together for 12 years and having children is not just about putting things right. We both feel ready to start a family, other than that question of “Is it fair?”. Also, we would like to adopt our second child (We will probably def adopt regardless of if we have our own) and give a loving home that might otherwise not have the chance. It’s definitely not about me. I am trying to do my bit to make the world a better place on a daily basis and to be able to share the experience with my wife, to be, of having a child must be the most fulfilling experience there is.

Although I had these bad times in my life I would not change them as I would not be the person I am today without them. I have moved on and forgiven the people involved in my early twenties. It was very liberating experience. Like I said I try to live my life with Forgiveness and love wherever possible.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. It does sound as though you have a huge heart, and could be ready to add a child to the world.

Do I think the world is savable? Yes, I do.

Just like yourself, I hope and pray other people of the world think so, too! Then there is always hope.

I asked myself the same questions years ago before having my children, so you are not unique in your questioning. I think any person who is considering bringing a little soul into the world has to ask this of themselves.

Just remember if you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders now, it will be that much more increased when you have children.

Once again best wishes, and best of luck to you!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I never thought of it like that. Thank to all the posters congratulating us.

We will definetly adopt I think because parentless children are allready here if that makes sense and If i adopt that child is going to be treated like my own flesh and blood.

We have been together for 12 years and I think the time is right, I know I can make a change in the surroundings i am in but its whether that can spread to the world. At least by making this post I can see a few more like minded people here.

Its just not sure how I can protect myself from the elites and wars let alone a child but I guess i can only do what I can.

I just dont want to selfishly have a child just because we want to if we know the world is getting worse. Heck, maybe generations past have felt this way and we are still here.

One thing i can answer for sure is that I will love them with all my heart.

There is alway hope for humanity. Wouldn't it be wonderful if in all our lifetimes we could see a world of peace for everyone on this planet (including the animal all of it).

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I agree, I think greed could quite possibly be the root of all this planets problems.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Yes, you are right. There are way to many things that people war over.

People get worked up over the silliest of things, its like one giant pressure cooker. Carrying round all this rage is so silly and it must not do any good for peoples health too.

And the people running the world....well what can I say. I just hope we can get someone that is a shining light of reason and hope in there group that can hopefully educate these people in how the world should be. I see no reason for children ( or adults for that matter) to be starving in the world we have more than enough resources to cure world hunger and poverty. Its just the elite dont want to share.

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

I would would seriously just recommend that you wait at least a year and see how things are going in the world and how you feel about your partner.
You're still young. I'm assuming your soon-to-be wife is as well. Don't rush it just so you can experience the joy faster. Some things are worth taking your time.

Good luck.

Thankyou for the Congrats.

We have been together for twelve years and are very much in love. As it happens we are going to wait a year anyway to have our own child and look into adopting in that year. Thats the plan anyway just need to clear these moral question I have.

Thank you for the advice it is very much appreciated.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OP.... Good luck to you on your marriage!

As to the question i'd say yes it is savable but things need to change... a lot has been said already and i'll just add that if we can rid this planet of Evil then we can save the planet! Although we will have to stop building buildings and stop over populating the World to achieve this.....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I find myself asking the question "Is this world savable? Can we ever truly have peace in humanity?"

Well the world doesn't need saving, it was here long before we were and will be here long after we are gone, so don't worry about our world

Now worrying about humanity, that's a whole new ball game all together. As far as piece? No, not for another couple of thousand years.

Until we move into our upper cortex and stop using our lizard brains for action/reaction emotions. As well as this silly idea of drawing imaginary lines in the sand to divide us.

People forget that we are a very young species in comparison to most others on the planet, which means we still have a long ways to go before we stop being animals and begin really being human. I think other cultures in our distant past did reach that level, but either left or destroyed each other in the process.

This is the time however. Now more than ever we are beginning to unravel the lives which hide the small truths about our origins and the truth that is out there.

Have some optimism, your lifespan is merely a series of seconds in the eyes of human history and advancement of the human experience. All we can do is pass no the knowledge of how NOT to act.

Some would be tempted to say that they spread HOW to act, but truly who can make that disctinction? Who is allowed to say, or is intelligent or a step further, human enough to say how we should act, when we are all given the same playing field?

Nobody, so the only thing we can do is to keep identifying things that we should not do, and then pass on those lessons to future generations, in the hope that they become more human in their own right.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The problem is that know it alls who think they know whats right for others. This leads to these people get into power and power corrupts absolutely. This sums up society as passive people mainly do not go after powerful jobs, as they are contant with there lifes and just want to live out there lifes without too much hassle.

I would advise anyone not to bring someone into this society, where ever you live. Pure scum in power positions and they are only going to get worse with all the laws and techs they have access too.

There sure is a lack of positive people in society as most seem to be just leeches, just wanting everyone else destroyed.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I should just add that if the current trend continues then I really don't think the future of this World is one that you'd want to bring your children into.....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all the new input guys.

It is food for thought. At the time of making this post I was feeling a little down on People in general. But since then I have experienced some really kind moments. For example i spoke to a composer about a piece of music me and my partner wanted for her to walk down the aisle. I expected him to come back with "Yes I can do that and it will cost you X amount".
Well he did get back to me and supplied what we asked for and all he asked for in return is that we have a great day.

I am feeling alot more positive now that we may be able to turn this trend round. Just need to find away to make the Peace spread I guess.

Not decided on kids yet as still think its a dangerous place out there but will see what happens.

As for myself I am just going to try and do at least one random act of kindness a day. Hopefully then to whoever receives it they will do something for someone else.

Sounds corny I know but its my way of starting the change at least.

top topics

join