It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan 'apocalypse' crop circle appears at Silbury Hill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

A 350ft crop circle of an ancient Mayan symbol, said to be a sign of an impending apocalypse, has appeared next to Silbury Hill in Wiltshire.

Source

Another doom circle, wish they would just use words....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Awsome i hope its true! i really wish that our live as humans will end in year 2012! We humans are killingl this beautiful planet so we deserve it. Nikola Tesler who the f killed you ... damn fbi and cia . Tesler you were our only hope to use cosmic energy for our life...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by xSHINIx]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Crop circle theorists believe the patterns are created by UFOs during nocturnal visits, or caused by natural phenomena such as unusual forms of lightning striking the earth.

There sure have been a lot of these recently. I haven't closely followed the crop circle phenomena so I'm not one to say one way or the other where they originate from. But it interesting regardless.

Just like UFO's and ghosts, crop circles are subject to interpretation until we are shown definitively WHO or WHAT is making them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What does this design mean?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

by natural phenomena such as unusual forms of lightning striking the earth.

I believe that these crop circles can be any number of things, but the day a lightning strike can create the formation in this photo is the day I will officially check myself into an insane asylum. Aliens communication is 1,000,000x more plausible than lightning IMHO.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I see imperfections in the circle, suggests it to be man made IMO

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by slylee

"It appears to be a warning about the world coming to an end when the calendar does. For the ancient Maya, reaching the end of a cycle was a momentous event, so we are taking this crop circle very seriously as an indicator of a possibly huge event in 2012."

I don't think it's about doom, and I don't think doom is what the Mayans predicted.

It's the end of a cycle, a new beginning.

A positive change, the thing is, I think there is an agenda to associate it with doom and fear, to change the outcome of this potential positive change.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If this is man made, a group who are deliberately hoaxing, then the individual(s) should be awards or association to the Arts.

Previously, a phoenix rising was constructed - do these symbols suggest Earth will "raise again"

[edit on 8-7-2009 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Please mods redirect threads about cropcircle somewhere else.
It's all been debunked as a big hoax!
This is only ridiculing the Aliens and UFOs subject.
Cropcircles may be an interesting case for some, but do not belong here.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
While the circle is undoubtedly impressive and far too intricate for a few yokels with stomp boards to create over night, I cant see where you get the doom from??

The design does remind me of the mayan headress carvings, but doesnt resemble the long count calendar of which the OP is refering...

Still, and interesting circle...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I would love to think that the odd circle was created by an intelligent life form from another earth mother. But even if every last one has been made by humankind then never mind, they are none the less beautiful works of art.
As for the predictions that come in the wake of each new edition, jeez folks get a grip and hold on tight! We are just three and a half years from finding out what, if anything will occur!
I am not a nay sayer, or a harbinger of doom. Life is lovely if you just step outside the box and stay in the moment. S**t happens every live long day. Don't glory in it, don't invite it into your lives by seeking predictions of misery.
And if MASS CONSCIOUSNESS is as real as it feels, then maybe it wouldn't hurt us all to just think happy thoughts.
Peace.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes this crop circle was made by the Greys who came from Alpha Centauri in there light ship

It was definitely them but i have no proof. No person(s) could ever make an intricate pattern in crops like this!

Impending doom is on us and i predict we will all be wiped off of the face of the earth before too long!

Good luck everyone and may the light be with you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosby

It's all been debunked as a big hoax!

Has it? when and who by?

If you mean because a bloke says he is making them or a team from MIT made one on a show once so they are all fake then yes i suppose so.

By that reasoning because someone hoaxed a ufo video using cgi and confessed or a sighting was proved to be nothing more than venus then ufo's dont exsist and nor can aliens either!

See what im getting at?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
In case anyone is interested, the numbers appearing in order from left to right are:

6, 11, 5, 11, 12 (written as 6 & 6), 21, 18 (written as 7 & 11), 18 (written as 7 & 11), 21, 11, 11, 11, 11, 6

I have no idea what that means mind you.

I also don't see how this predicts some sort of doomsday. Can you explain, please.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Hazelnut

by natural phenomena such as unusual forms of lightning striking the earth.

I believe that these crop circles can be any number of things, but the day a lightning strike can create the formation in this photo is the day I will officially check myself into an insane asylum. Aliens communication is 1,000,000x more plausible than lightning IMHO.

In my opinion, groups of humans creating these for fun (and art) is more plausible than either of those explanations.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfhammer

I think if anything it would have to refer to Quetzalcoatl's headdress not the actual mayan calender, which has already been done.

www.changingfaceoftime.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To be honest I fail to see what's so apocalyptic about it. The fact that it looks Mayan makes it foreboding? Whatever it is, and whatever/whomever designed it and put it there remains a mystery.

Until these 'circle makers' release proof documenting their creation of a few prime examples, I'll remain open on the issue. Also if a 'natural' phenomenon is responsible for these, then the phenomenon is undoubtedly more extraordinary than lightning, wind, localized atmospheric pressure, etc., and seems to be driven by an intelligence of some sort.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I agree, but this was the first time I heard the lightning excuse and found it to be extremely ridiculous. It is cool looking regardless of what made it though.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyb0y
...No person(s) could ever make an intricate pattern in crops like this!...

Yes they can...and those people have shown repeatedly how they do it. It just takes a bit of planning.

...although as "cropmuncher" said above, the fact they CAN be made by people is not necessarily proof that ALL are made by people -- but, also, the fact that people have shown that they CAN make circles this intricate means that this circle could have been made by people.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If it appears in a field of wheat, then it must be true... whatever it is! Actually, it would make a great tattoo don't you think!

IRM

[edit on 8/7/09 by InfaRedMan]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join