It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO Evidence RB47 case UFO Follows Air Force Jet for Two Hours !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I did a search on this, but didn't find anything.
if it has been discussed on here, then could the mods remove it.

This case i think is very fasinating, for the fact that a radio signal was picked up and recorded coming from the ufo. I'd love to know if they translated it.
I think everyone should take a look at this one.
Star and flag it to help it be seen.
Thanks

vodpod.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
On July 17, 1957, an Air Force RB-47, equipped with ECM gear (electronic countermeasures)
was followed by an UFO for over 700 miles.
As the aircraft crossed the Mississippi coast near Gulfport, McClure, manning the #2 monitor, detected a signal near their 5 o'clock position (aft of the starboard beam).
It looked to him like a legitimate ground-radar signal, but corresponded to a position out in the Gulf.
This is the actual beginning of the complete incident.

What was RB-47 equipped with.

Under conditions of war, bombing aircraft entering hostile territory can be assisted in their penetrations if any of a variety of electronic countermeasures (ECM techniques as they are collectively termed) are brought into action against ground-based enemy radar units. The initial step in all ECM operations is, necessarily, that of detecting
the enemy radar and quantitatively identifying a number of relevant features of the radar system (carrier frequency, pulse repetition frequency, scan rate, pulse width) and, above all, its bearing relative to the aircraft heading. The latter task is particularly ample in principle, calling only for direction-finding antennas which pick up the enemy signal and display on a monitor scope inside the reconnaissance aircraft a blip or lobe that paints in the relative bearing from which the signal is coming.

The ECM gear used in RB-47's in 1957 is not now classified; the #2 monitor that McClure was on, he and the others pointed out, involved an ALA-6 direction-finder with back-to-back antennas in a housing on the undersurface of the RB-47 near the rear, spun at either 150 or 300 rpm as it scanned in azimuth. Inside the aircraft, its signals were processed in an APR-9 radar receiver and an ALA-5 pulse analyzer. All later references to the #2 monitor imply that system. The #1 monitor employed an APD-4 direction finding system, with a pair of antennas permanently mounted on either wing tip. Provenzano was on the #1 monitor. Tuchscherer was on the #3 monitor, whose specifications I did not ascertain because I could find no indication that it was involved in the observations.

RB-47

As the lobe continued moving upscope, McClure said the strength of the incoming signal and its pulse characteristics all tended to confirm that this was some ground unit being painted with 180-degree ambiguity for some unknown electronic reason. It was at 2800 megacycles, a common frequency for S-band search radars.

However, after the lobe swung dead ahead, his earlier hypothesis had to be abandoned for it continued swinging over to the 11 o'clock position and continued downscope on the port side.
Clearly, no 180-degree ambiguity was capable of accounting for this. Curiously, however, this was so anomalous that McClure did not take it very seriously and did not at that juncture mention it to the cockpit
crew nor to his colleagues on the other two monitors
. This upscope-downscope orbit of the unknown was seen only on the ALA-6, as far as I could establish. Had nothing else occurred, this first and very significant portion of the whole episode would almost certainly have been for gotten by McClure.

Map of the RB-47 UFO encounter.

The signal faded as the RB-47 headed northward to the scheduled turning point over Jackson, Miss.
The mission called for simulated detection and ECM operations against Air Force ground radar units all along this part of the flight plan, but other developments intervened. Shortly after making their turn westward over
Jackson, Miss., Chase noted what he thought at first were the landing lights of some other jet coming in from near his 11 o'clock position, at roughly the RB-47's altitude. But no running lights were discernible and it was a single very bright white light, closing fast. He had just alerted the rest of the crew to be ready for sudden evasive maneuvers, when he and McCoid saw the light almost instantaneously change directions and rush across from left to right at an angular velocity that Chase told me he'd never seen matched in his flight experience.
The light went from their 11 o'clock to the 2 o'clock position with great rapidity, and then blinked out.

Immediately after that, Chase and McCoid began talking about it on the interphone and McClure, recalling the unusual 2800 megacycle signal that he had seen over Gulfport now mentioned that peculiar incident for the first time to Chase and McCoid. It occurred to him at that point to set his #2 monitor to scan at 2800 mcs. On the first scan, McClure told me, he got a strong 2800 mcs signal from their 2 o'clock position, the bearing on
which the luminous unknown object had blinked out moments earlier.

Blue Book file card for the case

Provenzano told me that right after that they had checked out the #2 monitor on valid ground radar stations to be sure it was not malfunctioning and it appeared to be in perfect order. He then checked on his #1 monitor
and also got a signal from the same bearing. There remained, of course, the possibility that just by chance, this signal was from a real radar down on the ground and off in that direction. But as the minutes went by,
and the aircraft continued westward at about 500 kts. The relative bearing of the 2800 mcs source did not move downscope on the #2 monitor, but kept up with them.

Flightpath of the RB-47 (dotted line) and of the UFO (plain line), drawn on their formal report by the captain of the crew.

Sources and references:

The RB-47 UFO Encounter - UFO evidence
James E. McDonald, "Twenty-Two Years of Inadequate UFO Investigations" (1969)
This case study by atmospheric physicist -- and leading UFO researcher -- James E. McDonald is excerpted from his paper presented at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) UFO Symposium, 1969. R

RB-47 UFO Case Study
James E. McDonald, PhD., Astronautics & Aeronautics, July 1971
Case report on the RB-47 UFO encounter, by Dr. James E. McDonald, for the UFO subcommittee of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).

The RB-47 radar visual multiple witnesses cases, July 17, 1957
UFOs at Close Sight (Ufologie.net)
Articles, background, and further references for the RB-47 encounter.

Roy Craig, in the Condon Report, 1968
Roy Craig, in the Condon Report, 1968
The RB-47 incident was one of the cases examined by the University of Colorado UFO study (the Condon Report), with Roy Craig as investigator of the case.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thanks for that,
made a good read,
always a cover up though!.
surley there's too much evidence now out there for disclosure

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"QUOTE" McClure told me, he got a strong 2800 mcs signal from their 2 o'clock position, the bearing on
which the luminous unknown object had blinked out moments earlier.

I would love to know the purpose of the signal or what it could possibly be translated as

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Outstanding post! What an extremely fascinating incident... I too would love to see just what these "radio" signals consisted of. Being an avid amateur radio operator and private pilot, I am curious as to what frequencies this UFO was utilizing and what method of "radio communication" was detected...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

Internos made a great, but overlooked thread on this last year. As he has already shown in his post in this thread the case is astounding to say the least. Here is his thread for your reading pleasure: The RB-47 UFO Encounter|1957

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Me too..I'm guessing somewhere in the UHF => range

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Overload]

top topics

join