It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea believed behind cyber attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
In closing a duplicate thread about this cyber attack, I ran across this post which provides some interesting information...how Korea could be behind it..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am taking the liberty of posting it again, and I hope Mdv2 doesn't mind

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I would love to know what the reality is behind that hacker university and the legion of 1000 highly skilled hackers. That story just reeks of boogieman propaganda if you ask me. I am HIGHLY skeptical of that info.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

For the sake of clarity, I've copied the particular post directly:

reply to post by gallifreyan medic

You would be surprised, it's not so hard to believe.

For the last five years, one of the enduring questions among computer security people was, "where are the mysterious, elite North Korean hackers?" For nearly two decades, the South Korean media has been reporting on the cyberwar capabilities of North Korea. All of this revolves around activity at Mirim College, a North Korean school that, since the early 1990s, has been training, for want of a better term, computer hackers. The story, as leaked by South Korean intelligence organizations, was that a hundred cyberwar experts were graduated from Mirim College each year. North Korea is supposed to have, at present, a cyberwar unit of nearly a thousand skilled hackers and Internet technicians. South Korean intelligence believes the North Korean have a unit of at least a hundred very good hackers who have been ordered to scout out the South Korean government and military networks.

www.strategypage.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

You think the US wouldnt do it as a false flag op? I guess the US wouldnt crash planes into their own building either. Dont get me wrong im not putting you guys down, we had the same thing on 7/7.

Now i dont know what these nut cases are planning anymore. I do not know the agenda, but i do know that i do not trust any information that comes out of either of our governments anymore. We have been bombarded with this North Korea thing and it really wouldnt surprise me if they used this to get the people scared and to conform once again.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sloppy

but i do know that i do not trust any information that comes out of either of our governments anymore. We have been bombarded with this North Korea thing and it really wouldnt surprise me if they used this to get the people scared and to conform once again.

This may be a false flag, I do not say that it cant be. But maybe the North Koreans are just waiting for the us to declare this as a false flag and then they can do anything that they want, it will still be a false flag.

So I think this is the right thing we are doing, by discussing this issue here and we get to see both the sides of the argument.

But if you personally ask me, I think the North Korean govt could be behind this.

This is some information about the US cyber attack defense system

The flagship system designed to protect the U.S. government's computer networks from cyberspies is being stymied by technical limitations and privacy concerns, according to current and former national-security officials.

The latest complete version of the system, known as Einstein, won't be fully installed for 18 months, according to current and former officials, seven years after it was first rolled out.

This system doesn't protect networks from attack. It only raises the alarm after one has happened.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
They are expecting a new wave of cyber attacks on South Korea. The article does not say the US, but both could be targetted again and this time it will be on a larger scale

AP is just breaking this.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It dont even come from NK, be assured of that.
Be sure it gonna get worse pretty soon, and nones gonna see it come.
not fear mongering or anythings.
Just sure about my sources.
best way to erase your opponent is to find a valuable reason for it.

"oh no, they stole us STRATegical COMmunications"

[edit on 9-7-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The problem I have with this NK cyber attack theory is that they don't really have an internet as we know it.

A handful of elites have access to the wider Web — via a pipeline through China — but this is almost certainly filtered, monitored and logged.

Some small “information technology stores” — crude cybercafes — have also cropped up. But these, too, connect only to the country’s closed network. ......
The problem is much more vexing for North Korea, Professor Zittrain said, because its “comprehensive official fantasy worldview” must remain inviolate. “In such a situation, any information leakage from the outside world could be devastating,” he said, “and Internet access for the citizenry would have to be so controlled as to be useless. It couldn’t even resemble the Internet as we know it.”

www.nytimes.com...

Web access for NK is provided for the most part, via China.

Where are the IP logs from the attacks?

I would love to see them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Honestly? This sounds like disinformation or false propaganda.
Why would North Korea want to extinguish anons of other countries?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yeah but you forgot that they just launched a successful satellite so I'm sure that they must be using that to hack into the pentagon...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join