It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much anger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I just had to start this thread because yesterday i had to leave three threads because of the constant attacking.
They were crop circle and sunspot threads i was just there to see if there could be a link to crop circle's and what is going on with the sun.
I have no clue who is making crop circle i like the mistory in the subject but the attacking going on in them threads just got too much.
I love this site i learn alot from it but the attacking must stop if someone does not agree then just say that don't just jump down somebody's throat.

THANK YOU MARS 1

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Well, what can I say?
I know exactly what you are talking about! If anything my friend it will give you more command over these lower-lifeforms.
When I first joined this thread I got attacked, just for trying to contribute in conversation. For some people ego-gratification comes from baiting, and simply expressing that they "think" they know all there is about a given subject.
When in this head-space they can't possibly imagine that someone could possibly express an opinion different than their own; as they know it all.
I used to get very ticked-off and let them know exactly what I thought. With equal arrogance and vicious insult- until I was punished by the moderators

It seems one can be as condescending and insultive as you like, so long as you use correct language and not slang terms. But why bother.
Just quietly, and deliberately counter these negative comments, don't show weakness. Stick to your guns- I've read some good posts of yours!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

It's because of arrogance, because they think they know everything, and it's fear of stepping out of their comfort zone.

Mix that with a, for them, subconscious fear of the future changes that are coming, and you get a powder keg.

Instead of walking away, they have to make everyone conform to their worldview, no matter what it takes.

Pityfull.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yes, it's about fear, and hopes being crushed. You have one side who want new things to happen, who want to have a different future than the one we are living in today. Then you have people who are satisfied with their way of life. They don't quite agree with some of the things going on but they would rather have it this way than utter chaos. When the two sides meet, well, people will always be people.

Society today pretty much tells people that if someone doesn't agree with you, then they are wrong. Cartoons do it subtlely, and even school systems enforce it. What happened last time you told your teacher that you disagree about something?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

don't feel like the lone ranger. it's obvious there alot of people who just don't have a life.use that ignore button til it's used up, i guess thats what i'm doing.just used it a half hour ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Thank you for that i was not the one been attacked but people were coming in making silly remarks over and over if they can prove something wrong that's good but just jumping in and attacking people is not right.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have never pressed ignore button though sometimes i get that urge.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
People get upset because they can't imagine a world less magical than it appears to be in their imagination. The truth hurts.

There is more evidence for crop circles being human made than aliens/higher intelligences. Also the predictions of a solar storm fell flat on their face. It is not the fault of the people who doubted these predictions that it didn't come true, and if it was their fault, then everyone should be thankful ehh

There's always anger from both sides but I see most of the hissy fits, name calling and bad tempers coming from the 'believers'. It's also understandable for the non believers to become irritable/frustrated at the intellectual dishonesty and lack of integrity when the believers invariably move the goal posts when the prediction fails.

just sayin..

IRM

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Just push that button, it works like a dream.

Anyway, you are right, some people are addicted to conflict and it is getting obvious, but what do you expect in a world were polarization and winning are percieved as the best handles to get somewhere in this world. Try it yourself when having a problem and calling a company to fix it. When you stay nice and polite they will ignore you, when you start flipping out and demanding to speak to the manager or just ranting untill your mouth bleeds your problem will get fixed in a moments notice. It's a sad state of affairs to be sure.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Mmm, they way I saw it yesterday, it was the skeptics that were particularly nasty and rude

2nd line.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I think i bumped into you in one of them threads.
I have no problem with skeptics you need them in a diabete but just coming in making silly remarks gets nowhere don't you think.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Yesterday i whent to three thread's and there was one person that came in all of them just to rant and added nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If you can't run with the big dogs then stay on the porch.

Knock those Internet feelings off your shoulders and kill them with kindness.

There are people in life who are just ill tempered and hateful. You don't have to allow them to cause you to get upset.

You can't control what they say but you can control how you react to not so nice people.

I believe we have the right and it's a good idea to defend those that are spoken to harshly. That does put us in the line of fire but so what.

Smother the rude and hateful posters with kindness and love. You will be surprised how much a soft answer will turn away wrath.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Great post, mars1.

I think that the solar effects made everyone especially bitchy yesterday... Emotions are running high, this is an exciting time!

We're got a front row seat to the biggest show in the history of mankind, and the opening credits are rolling.

Also, people cling to their belief systems VERY strongly (myself included!) and they're not always complimentary between individuals!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I do go in strange threads because i like reading them look at this one.

I know why people come to this thread cos it makes you feel good.Thats why i come dosent mean i fall for it just makes me feel good.I mean look at whats gowing on around us.How the world works is like making a robot.You make it so big it starts to slowdown thats were i think we are now in life.Not long from now the robot will stop thats what freaks me out .Its so big it will fall thats why i read this thread it makes me feel good .I belive there is life out there but this ant it if the leaders of this world told the truth about UFOs we could leave the robot to fall. But i think we will keep on bulding robots that keep falling down.

But i'm not ashamed lots of spelling mistakes in that sorry did not want to edit there was less attacking in that thread if i remember.

[HOAX]GFL spaceship DID NOT APPEAR on Oct.14th, 2008[HOAX]
The quote above was from GFL thread i just like reading intresting things.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

That's why i started this thread there was some very angry people y
yesterday.
Nice to here from you IS THE SUN MAKING PEOPLE ANGRY.just kiding.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

LOL don't joke - you're on to something!

Here's a snip from a paper (that I love quoting..) to consider:

It is revealed that geomagnetic disturbances affect mainly emotional and vegetative spheres of human beings while characteristics reflecting personality properties do not undergo significant changes. Changes in geomagnetic conditions mostly affect the activity of regulating systems, which are related to high cortical mechanisms of regulation and sub-cortical integrative apparatuses responsible for organization of routine activity of an organism, and for adaptation to changes of a physical environment (Babayev & Allahverdiyeva 2005).

There is high correlation between cosmic ray activity (CRA) (neutron data on the surface of Earth) and number of traffc accidents. One can conclude that impulsive geomagnetic events (storms) affect the number of traffic accidents more significantly than background GMA. It could be due to the retarded or inaccurate/inadequate reactions of the human brain.

Solar and Geomagnetic Activities and Related Effects on the Human physiological and Cardio-Health State: Some Results of Azerbaijani and Collaborative Studies Elchin S. Babayev

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

I think i bumped into you in one of them threads.
I have no problem with skeptics you need them in a debate but just coming in making silly remarks gets nowhere don't you think.

Just calling it how I see it my man!

It's relative to what side of the fence you posture toward as to what's silly and what's not. What may seem logical to one is not always logical to another IMHO.

Personally, I believe that there would be less tension if predictions were approached from the standpoint of personal opinion as opposed to being passed as factual... for instance, "I personally believe" or "It's of my opinion that..." sounds far less pig headed than "I know", don't you think?

Personally I'm skeptical of some things and of others, not so skeptical. This boils down to what my opinion of acceptable evidence is or isn't. The bar is set different for everyone. Some higher, some lower.

It would be a fantastical world we live in if half of the stuff claimed on this site was true and I say that as a 'partial' skeptic. Skeptics aren't saying "I don't believe", that's a debunker. They are saying "I need more evidence" or "the current evidence is not compelling enough for me".

If this was better understood, I feel there would be less quarrel.

IRM

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

depending on what thread you were reading the die hard crop circle guy played a NSA official,made fun of people with autism,and made lude remarks of sexual acts with another s mom..

like i said depending what thread your refering to,but I remember seeing you in the one stated above..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I get what you mean i do not go around believing everything i read i just find something's intresting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join