It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man vs Wild or Survivorman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

Thank you.

That was quick.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

The guy's name is Charlie Ford, He resides in Hazlehurst Georgia/ where I am originally from.

If you would like to PM me for his e-mail that he sent after the show I am more than happy to forward it to you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Wow @ Les asking for a supplied snake. haha!
nice avatar blind.face.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

I'm not trying to call the guy out, I just want anyone that reads this site not to take anything TOO seriously from Lee. I respect him, especially some of the things he's done back in Canada prior to Survivor Man.. and he is a talented musician.. and for the record, he has better info than Man vs Wild..

but..

don't trust everything you see on TV.

Also, the place that he camped is not the area that they proclaimed it to be on the show.. I've camped there and it isn't that far down the river.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Haha, I sure wish I had his job. It would be so much fun and I'd be 100% real.

Not a one liner.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
well came to this tread thinking it was a comparison issue, but was disappointed, what i wanted to see was urban survival issues , case I'm not going into the sticks when SIT/X kicks off, me I'm for holding up in some sort of complex or secure site with water and rations. and was looking for for more information on how to improve my lot, so any ideas would help thanks.... S&F for your effort though

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I like both Les and Bear for what they offer. Les is certainly a better instructor and offers more practical advice.

However, I would like to throw Robert Young Pelton into the mix as well. He brings a totally different perspective to the meaning of "survival". If the SHTF we are all more apt to face scenarios that he has faced rather those presented by Bear or Les.

His website and his books just about say it all. I especially like the H.E.S.T. knife that he designed.

www.comebackalive.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Forgot to mention. If you have any other interesting people who do this kind of stuff as well that make movies or series please let me know. I miss them running this stuff on Discovery channel.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I couldn't agree more. In the world we live in.. this is the reality of the SHTF situation. Everyone should visit this link if you don't know who he is.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I really like this guy as well.
Hes a smart cookie.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Very nice, i'm watching his stuff right now.

Not a one liner.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

He is excellent as well. He has a Facebook fan site.

I will also add Mike Perrin and Jeff Randall. The founders of RAT Cutlery and Randall's Adventure and Training School.

www.jungletraining.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yeah, I've completed watching his edibles and the main video on his youtube page. He's very informative indeed. Very good find. I've bookmarked him.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Not watched survivor man..bear grylls
im not even much into the survival thing but i do watch his show sometimes,even i can tell half the things he does are plain stupid and for the camera.If i had to pick someone to take advice from in a wilderness situation it would be ray mears,i love his shows.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

The guy is a machine...he makes his own soaps,essential oils,I have seen him make his own hammock as well.

reply to post by jibeho

I just put those links in my favs.
Thanks for that.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am not into either show really but my ex was and I watched it all the time. I must say I learned more from Survivor Man than Man VS Wild....Survivor Man was REAL and he didnt have cameras following him and helping him out. Survivor Man that guy was all alone to fend for himself and he did a much better job IMO than the other guy. There were a few times I was like is he ever gonna get out of there! So IMO Survivor Man rules!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh c'mon.. it's television!

All you can say about Les is he fakes a more realistic situation...

But honestly...

Les went to music school, got a job on TV right out of music school, and has been infatuated with television ever since.

Where Les went to music school, "Bear" went into the army and was doing things like being the youngest Brit to climb Everest. "Bear" was a survival instructor for REAL, for the army. Les took a class after he liked a camping trip.

I'm disappointed as hell for a site that claims "deny ignorance" everyone is basing their opinions on what they saw on the tele. Less watching, more reading please!!!!

In a real do or die situation I am in a foxhole with Bear any day of the week and Les can go play his guitar and maybe sing me one of those songs he wrote where Bear was scaling mountains at a comparable age.

Thank god Les got tired of it... there was no way I could stand watching him TRY to catch a fish any longer...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

"Bear" has indeed done all that and more...no denying that. He's also something of a fraud where his television show is concerned. Not just a fraud, but a dangerous fraud...

Running to get through bear country? Yeah, ok, that's just about as dumb as it gets...no, wait, jumping into a fast flowing river...or was it the climbing down the cliff on vines... Well, you get my point...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Any survival show that has Will Ferrel in it can't be all that hard to do. Les quit his show because of the enormous physical damage he puts his body through.

Why did Bear quit his show? Did he run out of dangerous things to show his audiunce in an already dangerous situation?

Les may have staged a dead snake, but any dude that goes out into one of the harshest deserts in the world and tries to survive by himself has my upmost respect, even if he didn't complete the whole week.

Survivor man- staged a dead snake.

Man vs Wild- stages everything in his show and gives remarkebly dangerous info.

A kid was recently in the news for getting lost. He saw Bear take off walking while leaving behind a bread crumb and was given a little credit for the boy being found. The search party found his bread crumb and followed it to the kid.

The kid was stupid to have followed Bears advice. If he had stayed put he would have been found alot sooner.

Good thing the kid didn't find a raging river, he might have jumped in.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

bread crumbs? Are you serious? I hadn't heard of that one... That's one for the books.

The first thing my dad ever taught me was stay put if we get seperated, I'll find you...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join