It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resistant case of swine flu found in S.F. teen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I decided to open a new thread in the General Conspiracy Discussion because it has become clear to me this was not a natural virus but an engineered one.

Like I've already predicted in my lab it has just started.

The first documented case of swine flu resistant to Tamiflu is out there.

To quote the news source: A San Francisco teenager has been diagnosed with a strain of swine flu that is resistant to the common antiviral drug Tamiflu - an important milestone in the pandemic's evolution.

"The case suggests swine flu - a form of influenza Type A, subtype H1N1 - is capable of not only developing drug resistance but also spreading between humans in that resistant form, said Dr. Arthur Reingold, professor at UC Berkeley School of Public Health.

California Department of Public Health spokesman Ralph Montano said the teenager had developed some symptoms prior to a trip to Hong Kong but did not seek medical attention before boarding a plane(...)".

You may read the full report here at sfgate.com

I believe this is going to be a failed attempt to reduce the massive planetary population but thousands/millions might die in between.

P.S.
I'm sorry for the previews broken link, I'm having problems posting the full URL.

[edit on 02/11/2008 by novrod]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by novrod

The link is broken. Anyway, I myself got in infected by H1N1 in the workplace. Developed resistance to the virus after the incident.

The virus is VERY much like common flu. I also found people and animals with strong and uncompromised immune systems are also resistant to the virus. I'm actually more annoyed by all the media's sensationalism about this virus than the virus itself! It's mild and won't kill you unless you got very weak immune system.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Forget it because someone with no sense of humor will take it the wrong way.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I agree with you and I'm not at all afraid of this specific virus. The thing is that this particular virus aims for the already debilitated people. This is kind of an approach to get read of the weak and poor.

Originally posted by ahnggk
reply to post by novrod

The link is broken. Anyway, I myself got in infected by H1N1 in the workplace. Developed resistance to the virus after the incident.

The virus is VERY much like common flu. I also found people and animals with strong and uncompromised immune systems are also resistant to the virus. I'm actually more annoyed by all the media's sensationalism about this virus than the virus itself! It's mild and won't kill you unless you got very weak immune system.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by novrod
I agree with you and I'm not at all afraid of this specific virus. The thing is that this particular virus aims for the already debilitated people. This is kind of an approach to get read of the weak and poor.

Thanks for fixing the link. If this helps, if you have trouble with long links(and they usually cause problems). Use the icon that looks like a globe, type a word about the link, then paste the link, that always work.

Anyway, I do live in a third world country, we live among poor people and we are actually coping with the problem quite nicely. Around 2000 infected (and possibly more undiagnosed) and only one fatality so far. My parents who are already past their mid-age only developed very mild symptoms and didn't take any medications.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You're right this is being sensationalized at every turn but I've been saying to a lot of people, its now worldwide and with the predicted fluctuation in cases in the UK it will continue spreading. There will be problems when it starts getting towards winter for a start, and it still only needs a 1% mortality rate or even 0.5% to kill millions worldwide, the cases I've heard of deaths so far are people with an already underlying health issue... but how many people are there like that on this planet?

It's a good start on their de-population program. Plus if only after a few months it's developed immunity to drugs it will pick up speed when the cold weather comes in

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Interesting, but it's not the first case of tami-resistence,
The first case was in Danmark last week and there was another one in Hong Kong, I believe two days ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
G-d forbid we might have to use our immune systems to fend of the flu....

Heaven forbid... his flu is resistant to tamiflu but HE is still alive right?

What the hell is tamiflu and what did we do before it came along.

The world has grown by what 4 Billion since the last Pandemic, it didn't even slow us down, barely was a speed bump in human progress....

I'm sometimes sorry I ever read "The Stand" Steven King writes pulp trash actually Loved the book.... but only because I relish the thought of uninterrupted mall access...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I thought that that Tamiflu was just a patch anyway.

The director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that the prescription drug Tamiflu isn't working against the virus strain that is causing this year's influenza in the United States. But experts say it is too early to tell if the Tamiflu-resistant strain will continue to dominate this year's influenza cycle, and there is another drug--Relenza--that can be tried.

It didn't work against this year's normal flu, so i'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There is a lot of bad info spreading but people should know the basics...

WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE OF HOW TO KILL A VIRUS

The vaccines we take are preventive measures. They introduce the weak form of the virus to your immune system so it might build resistance against that virus and some natural mutated forms. The reason why vaccination is not 100% risk free is because some people cannot handle the virus weak form.

I will not go through the whole process of how the normal flu vaccine is prepared but what I can say is that it works like playing lottery. We expect that all the viral forms covered by the vaccine are going to be the same as the virus ready to infect you.

TAMIFLU is different. There is no viral backbone. It really targets the process of how the virus spread in your organism. The virus infect you but cannot multiply.

Please check this very brief explanation of how it works: PANDEMIC PLAN

To make is simple, this "weapon" should target most virus, not only the influenza virus.

Originally posted by Point of No Return
I thought that that Tamiflu was just a patch anyway.

The director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that the prescription drug Tamiflu isn't working against the virus strain that is causing this year's influenza in the United States. But experts say it is too early to tell if the Tamiflu-resistant strain will continue to dominate this year's influenza cycle, and there is another drug--Relenza--that can be tried.

It didn't work against this year's normal flu, so i'm not surprised.

[edit on 02/11/2008 by novrod]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I started a thread about this case, as well. What I'd like to know is- did she have the resistance before or after her trip to HK?

Anyone have info on that?

new topics

top topics

join