It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google to launch PC operating system

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
dont buy the hype.... this is a trap.... look at the stock chart....
weekly schocastics.. rolling over... so this is a set up to prop the stock
price... and if you dont like windows.... hey, Asus M3 series boards you dont need to boot into windows... it comes with features that dont require you load windows to go from off to online in 5 seconds... so google on the surface is late to the table... stay away from their stock... the big boys are getting out...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
They mentioned on the news that this Operating System will be given away for practically free without concern of making a profit on the software itself. Or not per se,

On MSNBC, they had a trader talking about their strategy that they will make the money on the back end. The only way to accomplish that, is to attract consumers to free operating system software. Resulting in more of them having access to the internet and more traffic on google search engines and related services.

So if left unchecked, this could very well be the end of Microsoft's monopoly on Operating System's and possibly collapse them.

With all the capital Google has on the side lines, they could easily buy the talent to create an entire stream of software compatible with their chrome.

On the other side, Microsoft will probably create system and software "updates" that will create havoc with the compatibilities of this new operating system. Sort of a software warfare.

So for viability, I think Chrome is going to need to create a quick stream of supporting software to take fair advantage of their system.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Google has had many problems with your data remember when Chrome first came out what was in section 11 of the terms.

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services."

anyone remember that

I wouldn't be surprised if you get ads on your desktop with this, we already know they will probably store everything typed on their for who knows how long.

And no one give me that crap you should only worry if you have something to hide bs.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln
On the other side, Microsoft will probably create system and software "updates" that will create havoc with the compatibilities of this new operating system. Sort of a software warfare.

Why would they do that; if will be a complete os but is meant for the web, where does Microsoft come into part with this. How will Microsoft update something that's not theirs.

Microsoft will have nothing to do with this and I don't see what havoc they can do with compatibilities of Chrome OS this will be a os similar to windows more like gos explain to me how will they create havoc for this besides not making software for it which they don't have to.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

However on a PC you can only use Windows

That's not true. You can install a Linux distro onto any PC. Some distros, like Ubuntu/Kubuntu, are more user friendly than Windows!

you can install a x86 version of MAC OS X on an intel based windows PC.
i've done it..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln
They mentioned on the news that this Operating System will be given away for practically free without concern of making a profit on the software itself.

Are you not familiar with the "Trojan Horse"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I am going to borrow that root image from your sig.

Hope you don't mind

----

Google search revolutionized the web, and I still use it. Without it the web would be a lot darker.

But let them have my whole machine? No. I don't install Google desktop on the Windows desktop of my one dual-boot system for that very reason.

They are a publicly traded company, folks. An IPO negates the whole "Don't Be Evil" shtick straightaway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join