It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb parts smuggled into 10 federal buildings during test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Bomb parts smuggled into 10 federal buildings during test

edition.cnn.com

Plainclothes investigators sent to test security at federal buildings in four U.S. cities were successful in smuggling bomb components through guard posts at all 10 of the sites they visited, according to a government report.

The investigators then assembled the bombs in restrooms and freely entered numerous government offices while carrying the devices in briefcases
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This the security at the Federal buildings, and a guard was actually sleeping at his post !

These buildings had more than 450 federalpeople each in them and sensitive work was being done in them.

The agencies must take steps to ensure that such things dont happen again and the incident shows that the security in these building is indeed in a sad state

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'd bet this was done to justify any additional 'security' spending making the case that federal buildings need to be turned into high-security fortresses and making any stakeholders ridiculously wealthy, all paid by for by the taxpayers.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The media is just getting you ready for an attack.

Now you know just how easy it is for Iranians, I mean bad guys to get into federal buildings to blow them up.
it's called conditioning

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I dont know if they use out side contractors for security,but if they do this is what happens when you use a private comapany and pay just over minimum wages....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Now you know just how easy it is for Iranians, I mean bad guys to get into federal buildings to blow them up.

You are thus saying that Iranians are bad?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
reply to post by munkey66

You are thus saying that Iranians are bad?

No.
I was telling you who the fall guys will be.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I'd bet this was done to justify any additional 'security' spending making the case that federal buildings need to be turned into high-security fortresses and making any stakeholders ridiculously wealthy, all paid by for by the taxpayers.

A winrar is you, and I sense that you watched Zeitgeist recently.

Also, how exactly do you prevent someone from smuggling in a plastic baggie of fertilizer, and a water bottle full of desiel? The answer, you cant with the basic systems we have now, and thus, fixing this problem would require draconian security. Wave goodbye to some more freedom.

new topics

top topics

join