It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming Bird Crop Circle Is Man Made - Proof

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Yes, but I was talking about the sunspot. It appeared on the sun on July 4th.

A solar flare might hit earth 3 days later, but it's not like a sunspot will appear on Earth 3 days later.

See what I mean?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
What boggles my mind is how quickly people jump to the conclusion that something "couldn't possibly be man-made!" How fast they assume it was made by fantastical means...

...Fairly amazing for forum-goers of a site that supposedly purports to "deny ignorance."...

I agree --

It's a little the myth perpetuated by Eric Von Daniken and others that the Pyramids cannot possibly have been made by humans and that aliens must have made them. Von Daniken had no proof to make that claim, other than the fact that he, personally, didn't think humans could make pyramids

However, since then it has been proven that the Pyramids could have been made by people and there are engineers and archaeologists who have shown us the methods that could have been used by the Egyptians, and evidence that these "Earthly" construction methods WERE actually used.

But because people like Von Daniken have said -- without evidence -- that the Pyramids could not have been made by man, people to this day still believe in that false myth even though it has been proven that man could have made them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Who funds these groups that make designs in crops?

The people have to be paid, the farmers have to be paid, they have to pay for travel, food, lodging, etc. Or are they just rich billionares flying around the world to bust their butts in farmers fields at night because they have nothing better to do?

All I have seen here is a group of people that figured out a way to immitate the making of designs in crops with a measuring tape, a few sticks and some boards with rope attached. They took a few plans and showed us what they can do. But the end result still does not look as good or as intricate and complex as the real deal. I can see that the symetry and proportions are not as precise as the real deal.

Now that I have seen the man made crop circles and how they are made it makes it much easier to distinguish them from the one's that are not man made.

Thanks for the lesson.

[edit on 8/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Given that crop circles can be man made, the assumption should be that all are man made until evidence can be produced that over-rides that - who would like to provide the evidence?

Isnt that like saying given that men can murder men, the assumtion should be that all men are murderers until evidence can be provided?

Not that i dont agree with you in part but some crop circles do provide evidence that they are not man made yet just gets shrugged off as inadmissable by those unwilling to believe it cannot be anything other than man made (from the ground)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Please, we couldn't even build the Pyramids that way today, with all our technology.

Also they have found artworks out of single pieces of basalt, that we couldn't even reproduce this day.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

What should make us believe you over Earthfiles? What makes your information more credible?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
PointOfNoReturn: Yeah I see. Sorry I don't always read everything through, I'm a serious skimmer/multitasker.. I analogize ATS to Maxim magazine. You have to "tune out" the advertisments and actively seek the content you believe is relevant to your interests.. It's not always an easy task.

And John Matrix: I have been saying that Richard Branson has been making the circles for weeks now!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I offer no proof that they are not man-made. My only point has been, and continues to be, that drunken idiots with ropes and planks do not create 1500' long circles as depicted here:

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

Why would hoaxers bother to make a series of symbols such as these? Again, perhaps they are man made. But to say that this is a random portrayal of nonsense is silly.

These symbols match ancient writing. There are people translating them. Out of the gazillions of possdible portrayals -- a 1500 foot display of ancient writing seems rather cumbersome, no?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Who funds these groups that make designs in crops?

The people have to be paid, the farmers have to be paid, they have to pay for travel, food, lodging, etc. Or are they just rich billionares flying around the world to bust their butts in farmers fields at night because they have nothing better to do?

It's a hobby. I don't think anyone "funds" them but themselves. Do you get paid for your hobby?

...and most of the time the farmers are not in on it -- in fact they are usually upset because the crop-circle makers destroyed some of their crops (and that's also why most circle makers stay anonymous)

All I have seen here is a group of people that figured out a way to immitate the making of designs in crops with a measuring tape, a few sticks and some boards with rope attached. They took a few plans and showed us what they can do. But the end result still does not look as good or as intricate and complex as the real deal. I can see that the symetry and proportions are not as precise as the real deal.

Not all crop circle-makers are as good as others. As a hobby, I paint watercolors in my spare time. I can show you how to paint a picture, but there are true artists who could do a better job of it than me.

Now that I have seen the man made crop circles and how they are made it makes it much easier to distinguish them from the one's that are not man made.

Thanks for the lesson.

The only lesson you learned is that some crop circle makers are very good at what they do, and some others are not.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

So, aliens must have created the pyramids. Giant triangles made of rock. But to think that they create crop circles is crazy?

Aliens play with rocks.

Aliens play in wheat fields.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Crop Circles carry many hallmarks of being human made. They succumb to fashion for one. Each year a different theme to keep people interested. Honestly who would want to make a crop circle with a passe theme?

We started off with plain circles, then arrangements of circles, pictograms, insects, fractals, DNA... each year a different theme. This year we have Solar and 2012 Doomsday themes. Personally I think we can expect to see more of these to cash in... kinda like what Hollywood is doing now with the very same themes. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that the current ones are simply a form of viral marketing for Hollywood films.

They also show learning curves in their design. Each year we see designs that are more intricate/complex/large. Seems there's some competition, oneupmanship and ego's involved. Very human traits indeed. Surely Aliens and higher intelligences have mastered such primitive emotions and fads?

IRM

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I think you're confused. I never said I didn't believe in aliens making some of the crop circles. Never said I did either.

Read back and see who's side I am on.

The fact that I'm pointing out some false info, doesn't make me a skeptic.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hobby? I don't buy it. It would cost a fortune to organize a group to research crop circles and contrive ways to immitate them...and for what purpose? To show the world all crop circles are fake? No way.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I'm sorry. I was using what you said to further my (our) point. It wasn't directed towards you at all.

Edit to add: I realize that you have been lumped with me in the "we have an investment in circles" nonsense.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Originally posted by something wicked

Given that crop circles can be man made, the assumption should be that all are man made until evidence can be produced that over-rides that - who would like to provide the evidence?

"Isnt that like saying given that men can murder men, the assumtion should be that all men are murderers until evidence can be provided?

Not that i dont agree with you in part but some crop circles do provide evidence that they are not man made yet just gets shrugged off as inadmissable by those unwilling to believe it cannot be anything other than man made (from the ground)""

Hi, I understand where you are going with the analogy, but it would be a closer one to say murder is only committed by a human therefore all murders have a human as the culprit - does not mean all humans are commit murder.

Sorry, have been a lurker for ages, first time I've posted so sorry if this doesn't look right

[edit on 8-7-2009 by something wicked]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Please, we couldn't even build the Pyramids that way today, with all our technology.

Also they have found artworks out of single pieces of basalt, that we couldn't even reproduce this day.

I don't want to be too off-topic here here and de-rail this thread, so this will be my only post in this thread on the pyramid subject...

As I said...it is only a much-repeated myth that nobody knows how the Pyramids could have been built by humans. The real fact of the matter is that archaeologist have a very good idea exactly how it was done and have evidence to back up those ideas.

Watch the TV show "Egypt: Engineering an Empire" tomorrow night (Thursday July 9) on the "History Channel" and you will see how humans could have done it.

Humans today could do the exact same thing with a similarly large workforce and the same tools and techniques.

Egyptians were just as intelligent as us 21st century people (i.e., we have the same brains). I don't find it surprising at all that they could use their intellect and ingenuity to figure out how to do impressive things.

...and to stay on topic:
I think that it is only a myth that people cannot possible produce intricate crop circles.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Lol, I see.

It wasn't that obvious.

Lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Here is a quote from the person who claimed to make the crop circle in the o.p.

For many years our colleagues have been making crop-circles for profit round the Wiltshire area where we live. Some of us started as pranksters back in 1990, then following a rise in requests to pilots in our group of light aircraft owners for flights over the fields, we realised there was a fair amount of money to be made from the rich people who came from all over the world, eager for information about “the aliens”.

Sounds like a pretty detailed explanation. Why would he make that particular story up?

So, he is in a group of light aircraft owners, and rich people from all over the world interested in crop circles pay him for flights over the fields.

Sounds intricate, and random, and believable. I don't have any reason to doubt it. It's one possible explanation.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I said I thought it was only a hobby...I stand corrected.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No, it's not a myth that the deviations in the Pyramids you know the corners etc, are smaller than the deviations in buildingd we make today, using laser measurement and stuff.

It's not a myth that blocks, so big and heavy, that we would need special cranes to get them at those heights are placed so precise onto eachother you could hardly fit a needle between them.

I could go on for hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join