It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming Bird Crop Circle Is Man Made - Proof

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Really!! Rich people that are willing to squander their money on airplane rides over fields containing crop circles has given rise to a crop circle industry?

So why would the crop circle makers make it known that they are all faked? Seems to me it would be destructive to their own industry to do that.

I mean, gee, it would be more profitable for them to let their clients keep believing they are real.

Therefore, I don't buy the explanation. The man made one's are efforts to imitate the real deal, and they don't even do a good job of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Good for you. At least that makes you feel better just walking blindly through life with no faith in what could be 'out there'. I guess one man-made crop circle explains everything.

er...

yeah. good for you. because that's EXACTLY what the OP was claiming. But maybe the OP doesn't believe the most fanciful explanation possible for something like crop circles, over more plausible ones.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Crop Circles are the least credible sources of alien life or existence. I just wish people would see that.

S&F

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If and a big if the person how say's he helps make them and he's making so much money out of it then why whould he admit it not good business sense.
The amount of crop circles last month alone 24 some do look man made but that is alot for one team of people in the middle of the night planing how do plan and make one of these crop circles every two day's less on some.

[edit on 013131p://2009-07-08T13:26:41-05:00087 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Thank you for your post. We need to see more of this on ATS.

I'm also a believer in UFO's and am sick of the hoaxes and nonsense turning this into a laughing stock. What is particularly troubling is this flood of people who accuse anyone who is serious about this of being disinfo agents or some such nonsense when in fact they are the real problem.

I think most have realized many years ago that the crop circles are a prank pulled by those who want to make fun of these beliefs. I don't even know what to say about people who have their blinders firmly in place.

Things like these crop circles and the phony photo's and video's guarantee we will never get to the truth about such things. If there are people hiding information from us they must be thrilled about these things.

Deny Ignorance is becoming Embrace Ignorance.

If we were serious and clearly many are not, there might be a half dozen occurrences discussed in a year. Instead we are inundated with this garbage daily if not more.

I originally came to ATS looking for better info about UFO's but it is reaching the point I seldom read the forum posts any more. This must drive lots of people away and gives our opponents lots of ammunition to say, look at the crazy UFO believers.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Really!! Rich people that are willing to squander their money on airplane rides over fields containing crop circles has given rise to a crop circle industry?

So why would the crop circle makers make it known that they are all faked? Seems to me it would be destructive to their own industry to do that.

I mean, gee, it would be more profitable for them to let their clients keep believing they are real.

Exactly -- So that's why crop circle makers are very secretive about their craft. There's that, plus the farmers would probably seek restitution for the destruction of their crops.

I thought one of the arguments for crop circles NOT being man made is "if they are man-made, then why aren't more people admitting making them?". Your post seems to be making the opposite argument.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We can`t go on hearsay. Cos thats all it is . That some guy said him and some others were going to do a humming bird .
Was it you who he told ?
Is he credible ?
See, what I dont get with these circles is, if people are making these they dont make a penny out of it .
Travelling all over the country and sneeking into fields at night and making some fantastic artwork .
They then go home and wait for someone to show an aerial view of their work.
No recognition . Nothing.
They dont get money . Nothing .
Now if I was in this group of people who have been doing this for years, I think i`d be fed up by now, working all those dark nights wearing a pair of night-vision glasses that cost a fortune and travelling round the country in a lorry full of string and boards etc...etc...etc.
NO RECOGNITION !!!
All these years doing this with me mates and we`re all skint cos our moneys been wasted doing all this hard work and we haven`t even earned five quid !
Well I`d be off to the tabloids, tell them how much I want , maybe string them along a bit ( give them a tip of our next little outing ) and i`m sure i`d make enough to cover my costs .
The only proof we will get is when the ones who are making them own up and show proof of how they do it .
Otherwise....we dont know .
One more thing.
This world is full of brilliant artists architects etc.
Have any of them came along and gave us an explanation on how they think crop circles are made?
I wont hold my breath .

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Exactly.

Also, these crop circles only make us believers look bad most of the time.

I wish more people wouldn't doubt the existence of alien life, however...these crop circles are only hurting that chance...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Very interesting, but unfortunately it proves nothing. A true "Believer" could easily dismiss this whole episode.

As one person pointed out, this single instance of a man-made crop circle doesn't show that all crop circles are man-made. It could be argued that, in fact, this is the *only* crop circle that was ever made by humans.

And, if you really want to twist things, you can always say that the guy who said he'd do this circle, didn't really do it. He was channeling aliens, or under their control, and *they* were the ones who did it (after telling us they'd do it, through the human).

See? There's *always* a way to twist the facts to "prove" whatever you want to prove.

The only facts we have are that crop circles exist, and some are made by humans. We don't have credible evidence that any are created by aliens. Maybe they are created by aliens - but so far, we have no credible evidence to that effect. Lacking such evidence, the simplest explanation is that humans are doing it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't wish to steal anyone's thunder - but to start a thread proving that a crop circle is man-made seems a little odd. I could understand if we were proving that it wasn't man-made.

Many people admit to designing and producing these formations with the permission of the land owner.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
To brokenheadphonez and whoshotJR:

Take a look of this site, and scroll down a little. These "crop circles" are what they call some type of carbon nanotubes. Apparently they resemble real crop circles in some way. So that NASA study about carbon nanotube crop circles... Not as exciting as it sounds.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by John Matrix

Exactly -- So that's why crop circle makers are very secretive about their craft. There's that, plus the farmers would probably seek restitution for the destruction of their crops.

I thought one of the arguments for crop circles NOT being man made is "if they are man-made, then why aren't more people admitting making them?". Your post seems to be making the opposite argument.

Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you will make sense of my position once you have read it a few more times.

[edit on 8/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I think Alien life is a given. Where the questions come in is if they visit here and why. If they are visiting why on earth (forgive the pun) would they make crop circles. As a joke? An interstellar joke is the only thing that would make sense in the first place.

Where this idea materialized that these are some sort of cryptic messages amazes me. Aliens traveled for huge distances across the Universe to place messages in our farmers fields that nobody can decipher to warn us of something? Must be some pretty stupid Aliens. Or perhaps it is juvenile Aliens out for a joyride in Mom's new Saucer vandalizing farmers fields with graffiti? Those darn Aliens need to do something about those children of theirs.

Have we been visited? I think yes we have and I have reason to believe that.

Are crop circles anything other than childish pranks? No they are not.

Does ATS get overrun by adolescents on summer break this time of year, posting silliness and demanding to be believed? I think that is part of it. Perhaps?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
cnuum: So that's nothing more than a scientist with a sense of humor.. Actually, that's a pretty big deal in itself!

blaine: Yeah I also agree that interstellar life is a given. But I disagree that these are "childish" pranks. Mischevous in a way, but rather complex for a child..

Then again I am a **** disturber, maybe that's one of the reasons why I'm so interested in this. I'd be at home giggling to myself like crazy if I was a circlemaker reading ATS.. And weeping for humanity..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamus

There is an incredible amount of people (read the posts, do a search) who think crop circles are made by Aliens and contain secret messages to us. Some even think they have some special ability to understand them.

When confronted with the fact that the real creators confessed to the making of the crop circles, they simply dismiss them as liars to cover for the fact they are wrong. There are even video's of circles being created and how easily it is done. These so called complex ones are not even complex. It boggles the mind. Building a coffee table in your garage would be far more complex than creating the most complex of these crop circles.

Another part of this I think is that many are so unhappy, they console themselves by waiting for a Savior of sorts. They see these as messages the Messiah (the Aliens) are on the way. This is easy to understand. There is much suffering in this world, both apparent and hidden and it is easy to understand why people would wrap themselves in a security blanket of a belief like this.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Ok about 5 times in this thread i've seen believers in CC's say "what about the elongated nodes ?"

In horticulture there is a practice known as supercropping, this is mainly practiced by people growing plants indoors and have problems with them getting too tall. The procedure is carried out by taking the stem of the plant between the fingers and snapping it so that it now hangs at 90 degrees or below to the lower part of the stem.After a week or 2 the stem will then repair itself and stand upright by the way of forming a knuckle or node at the break point.This node is naturally elongated to create strong repair tissue at the break point. This stem will also produce larger stronger crop at the time of harvest.

Now think about it, by flattening crops circle makers are doing exactly the same method on a large scale and the elongated nodes are just natures way of dealing with the damage. You can see evidence of this in any wheat field without a circle, just take look in the tractor lines and find any stem damaged by the wheels a few weeks before and it will have signs of elongated nodes.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wonder if people remember that "crop circles" started out really simple and were supposed to be places where alien craft landed. And now it has grown from that, to "communications".

They didn't seem to get more complex for many years later.

In the end, I think this thread proves people are going to believe whatever they want to believe, no matter what the evidence is. It's funny watching all the "believers" turn into skeptics and using the same tactics they complain about all the time.

Now suddenly they want more evidence etc.

Seriously folks, it's not about what you believe as much as it is how you came to those conclusions. Let go of your biases, they will only cloud the truth - and you are only fooling yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
these threads are crap.

ATS has gone speculative "main stream" generalizations without proof. Hey sounds like Fox news...

Why do you guys let these type of baseless threads run? Are you owned by newscorp or something?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was thinking the same. Crop circles were just that. Sometimes with deeper points where "feet" supposedly went. Of course, those have pretty much disappeared (clouding the old issue of the old types... why are they not landing in fields any longer).

There was one case that seemed the most legitimate to me. An elderly couple with a small farm, were grumpy and peeved that something flattened a circle in their field. They were far away from any main roads or towns. The circle yielded all sorts of interesting data. That in my mind is still the most "legit" crop circle I've heard of.

Now apparently they just use them as botanical etch-a-sketches.

It's also funny in my mind, how it's "impossible" to make such "good looking" crop circles, and yet, KNOWN man-made circles, designs for entertainment or corporate use, are quite amazing. I guess those don't count.

Also convenient is how much of this points back to groups like circlemakers, who sell all sorts of neat products as well as their cropcircle making services.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join