It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming Bird Crop Circle Is Man Made - Proof

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Yes, IMO. There is a message. Makes no difference who made them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Oh man, I am going to be laughing my arse off when this guy proves once again he is responsible for the crop circle(s) in question, and the future one. You guys are killing me here, its funny!

A whole lot of you are in denial, and or just can't handle the truth, its hilarious!

I swear half of you are unable to do any type of deductive reasoning. I love it, this is the best live show ever.

Please, tell me more about how much the scientists got paid to never find the answers....

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Way out of my scope, but someone asked for peer reviewed:

Abstract The energetics and structures of carbon tori are studied using molecular simulation. They include circular and polygonal tori, formed by bending (n, n) tubes and by joining (n, n) and (n+1, n−1) or (n+2, n−2) tubes with pentagon–heptagon defects, respectively, in which n=5, 8 and 10. The strain energy of a circular and polygonal torus decreases by D−2 and D−1, respectively, where D is the torus diameter. Comparisons in average and local maximum strain suggest that defect-free circular tori are more energetically stable and kinetically accessible than defective polygonal tori. This confirms the hypothesis that circular tori are the predominant constituents of the observed fullerene crop circles in laser-grown single-wall carbon nanotubes.

Energetics and structures of fullerene crop circles
NASA Ames Research Center, T27A-1, Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA Received 18 June 1997; revised 24 October 1997. Available online 27 May 1998.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Doncha think a scoop out of the field and then dumped somewhere nearby(they don't give but a passing mention of this) would attract some scrutiny from the dedicated researchers,alleged to be crawling around with magnifying glass?After all,major archeological finds were found based on piles of dirt and hearths from thousands of years ago.Such as the earliest fort in America,in Jamestown.Holes for pilings and dirt piles,not thousands of years in this case but hundreds.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Not everything is a straight forward as it seems Allis0NE. there may be other reasons this person is saying what he is, those being very far from him actually making this and other formations.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Oh man, I am going to be laughing my arse off when this guy proves once again he is responsible for the crop circle(s) in question, and the future one. You guys are killing me here, its funny!

A whole lot of you are in denial, and or just can't handle the truth, its hilarious!

I swear half of you are unable to do any type of deductive reasoning. I love it, this is the best live show ever.

Please, tell me more about how much the scientists got paid to never find the answers....

Denial is a powerful emotion. They want to believe so much that they stick to their position and ignore all evidence that suggests their position is wrong. Same goes for these 9/11 conspiracy theorists too.

All crop circles are man made.
Some crop circles are made by aliens.

Come on now - which is the most logical explanation with the largest bank of evidence behind it?

If you choose the latter option you should probably turn off your computer for a few hours and go for a walk.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Lurch]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Questions I have about the debunking explanation:

They say they take a large plastic tube like they use under roads and carry it down to the field. They then fill that tube with soil.

Looking at the size of tubes needed that would seem to be a lot of digging and each crop circle should have a large amount of digging done at each site and it would be easy to spot.

Many of the crop circles have areas that are not linked directly so they would need to pick up these tubes and carry them from place to place. They say they do this at night so that the crops are wet. If the crops are wet then so would be the soil and if you have ever tried filling a lawn or sod roller with just water you will realize how heavy they are. Filling large plastic tubes with soil would probably make them at least 100+ lbs. I don't know about you but if you have 8 guys wandering a field pulling 100+ lb rollers and then lifting them and carrying them to not cause overlap, I would think you get some major foot prints.

This also must be a group of some pretty in shape guys/girls to carry around and pull these large dirt filled tubes considering some of these shapes are so massive in size.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lurch

I think the rational explanation is hidden somewhere in the paper I posted.

But ... I don't speak chemistry.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Who is they? This is one person. Who from the sounds of it watched a documentary from the 90's. Rollers, tubes, come on, a little research will show you that people don't make formations like that anymore. That is a big question mark, why suggests such outdated methods for making these formations?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by mirare]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mirare

Did you just make your account to debate this crop circle?

Did you read any of the posts in this topic?

Do you have anything to add other than denial?

Just wondering... because I can fit all your replies in one post:

Possible, but not probable.

Maybe for the same reasons they believe in God, UFO's or aliens?
One thing about crop circles is you have a physical thing to look at , examine, visit, kinda gives you something when you do.

Yes, IMO. There is a message. Makes no difference who made them.

Not everything is a straight forward as it seems Allis0NE. there may be other reasons this person is saying what he is, those being very far from him actually making this and other formations.

Who is they? This is one person. Who from the sounds of it watched a documentary from the 90's. Rollers, tubes, come on, a little research will show you that people don't make formations like that anymore. That is a big question mark, why suggests such outdated methods for making these formations?

I don't see anything that disproves that the guy made the crop circle.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No I made an account so I could post on ATS.
I read all of the post on this thread and many others ALLisONE.
What makes you think I'm in denial, interesting you should read me like that. Maybe read what I've said again, no mention of aliens.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't understand why some people want to cram logical deductive reasoning down everyone's throat. I mean, it's great and has it's place, but it's also rather boring and makes for a dismal life view, IMO. In my case, it isn't BECAUSE I am INCAPABLE of anything, I just choose to exercise my ability to program my own mind for different possibilities.

I'm not on prozac or lithium, I don't go to church, I don't participate in any part of society that I have a choice to that I don't LIKE. If I want to see shadow people in my house, fairies in my garden, and believe there are aliens making crop circles trying to communicate with us, or even the earth itself, or some super elite group of humans with special insight - modern day wheat stomping Nastrodamus artist - that's just icing on my happy life cake.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mirare

That's funny you mention "no mention of aliens". Because that really seems to be a common thing for most CC supporters.

They deny, and deny, and deny that some crop circles (like the one in the OP) are man-made. But then, they constantly say "I didn't claim it was aliens", just so that they can save themselves from the ridicule.

I can point out like 5 different users who have done it on this topic already.

So what is it? Do you think man made the cc in the op? Or aliens?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Oops double post, sorry.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirare

[edit on 8-7-2009 by mirare]

Sorry I'm confused because I cant tell your position on your argument. My they is the group the guy the OP quoted and the CC making group he says he works with.

I'm saying their explanation for how it was made just doesn't seem very rational to me. I think you took it as me trying to say how it was made but I'm not sure how you got that from my post.

I'm not saying these are made by aliens because I honestly don't know either way and wouldn't presume to know without more evidence. Heck these could be being made from a group of humanoid aliens that are communicating with their brothers in the sky for all I know.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think it was manmade, just don't think the OP made it for some reason, something isn't right about his posts. Can't put my finger on it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Can ANYONE translate the abstract I posted into english?

*sigh*

People too busy arguing about aliens..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Abstract The energetics and structures of carbon tori are studied using molecular simulation. They include circular and polygonal tori, formed by bending (n, n) tubes and by joining (n, n) and (n+1, n−1) or (n+2, n−2) tubes with pentagon–heptagon defects, respectively, in which n=5, 8 and 10. The strain energy of a circular and polygonal torus decreases by D−2 and D−1, respectively, where D is the torus diameter. Comparisons in average and local maximum strain suggest that defect-free circular tori are more energetically stable and kinetically accessible than defective polygonal tori. This confirms the hypothesis that circular tori are the predominant constituents of the observed fullerene crop circles in laser-grown single-wall carbon nanotubes.

Bit over my head.

Tori = Torus en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like they are just saying that a perfectly done donut shape would be more energetically stable when it is proportionally round compared to one that is not.

en.wikipedia.org...

The rest seems to be talking about the composition of said tori shapes.

So I'm probably way wrong but essentially if these carbon nanotube made tori would be a very strong shape that would be very energetically efficient.

How that ties into a crop circle I have no clue.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yeah I have no idea either.. *whoosh*...

Search of academic databases .. doesn't give very much, and two papers that I can access.. There are a couple others I have to request, and the only other things I can find via google want $20 a pop.. hmmm..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I don't understand why some people want to cram logical deductive reasoning down everyone's throat. I mean, it's great and has it's place, but it's also rather boring and makes for a dismal life view, IMO. In my case, it isn't BECAUSE I am INCAPABLE of anything, I just choose to exercise my ability to program my own mind for different possibilities...

Actually, I find logic and deductive reasoning quite exciting. Also, I think the methods used by the human crop circle makers are ingenious and interesting. I'm not bored at all being a person who uses logic and reasoning.

I'm quite happy and intellectually challenged every day using science and reasoning to describe the world I witness around me. I don't have the need to explain things I don't readily understand by taking the easy way out and saying I don't readily understand this, so I think aliens did it". Instead I try to take the time and energy to figure things out without resorting to pure conjecture. Conjecture could be used as a tool to create a hypothesis, but that hypothesis then needs to stand up to logical scrutiny, reasoning, and testing.

...and, by the way, I do often think about different possibilities...My science and logic tells me that somewhere in the universe -- and perhaps our galaxy -- there are probably intelligent aliens. It does blow my mind to think about those things, and to even wonder if it is possible that those aliens CAN visit us...However, that same logic has never seen clear evidence that the aliens actually HAVE visited us.

I suppose you could say that the idea of alien visitation interests me, but I don't have the need to believe aliens are visiting us to make my life exciting.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join