It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public funded UFO search from space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have always wondered why we have to rely on NASA for satellite footage from space.

Surely a public funded effort to launch a satellite into space, to specifically look for and identify objects is needed. If some billionaire out there where to float the business idea, with subscribers/backers to be the first human's (company) in history to find and film UFO's coming and going from our atmosphere.

Could this be possible? If so, why hasn't the effort to gather our own evidence without relying on NASA been attempted?

It would prove once and for all we are being visited or its all a hoax. If after a time nothing is found, the satellite could be sold/used for other scientific purposes.

I would love a satellite in space for the sole purpose of watching whats coming and going from our atmosphere. With tracking, zooming and other equipment for the sole purpose of identifying objects.

I'd subscribe to live feed direct to my PC

Think of it as SETI, but instead of signals an actual eye in the sky watching and identifying who's coming and who's going.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Not to be picky but you are describing a privately funded program.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Some government would just shoot it down and make it look like an accident. Remember they can spy on us be we are not allowed to know anything outside what they want us to know. In fact I would be willing to say it would have a "malfunction" on the launch pad.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
well, i don't think even a single individual like bill gates would have the funds to not only develop and test a launch vehicle capable of launching a complex satellite into orbit safely (which would take years of money and dozens upon dozens of expensive failures, even with a solid understanding of rocketry), but one satellite can only do so much. when your specific purpose is "to look for UFOs" you aren't going to find much funding.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

yes i agree with you 100%

i can't believe we are not allowed access to the cameras that are already up there.

here is the only space cam that i ever found that is supposedly live.

www.tate.org.uk...

people don't freak out on me, it's a terrible low quality picture and i am only posting this for an example. we should be allowed access to better cameras.

new topics

top topics

join