It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicoptor Defying the Laws of Physics.(NOT)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well its not really advanced,and it doesn't do as title says(Only saying it as title of video does) but its an aircraft so have put it here.

I've put it up just as a between threads posting.
So enjoy the moment,comment if you wish,then get back to the serious stuff.

Credit for the video goes to celt12345.

[edit on 7/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
your video is not working

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Seen these types of videos before..

It has to do with the frame rates of the video and how fast the blades are moving. The main rotor IS spinning, but the way the video is being captured makes it look like they are not.

It is a trick of the camera so to speak.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The wagon wheel effect.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Last year the company I was working for had to put some A/C units on the roof. They brought in a helicopter to lift them up there. A friend of mine filmed it with his phone.

The helicopter worked exactly as a helicopter is supposed to work, saw it with my own eyes.

The footage he caught on his cell phone camera had the blades barely moving or frozen.

It's the camera, not the helicopter. I know this to be true.

wupy

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Got it sorted.

Thank you for your posting fellas/fellarettes.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

In addition to the wagon wheel effect, I think it could also be a toy helicopter of some sort.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Nah. It's a real MI-24

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just curious, if it is the wagon wheel effect, why is the shadow of the blade on the hull a single shadow and not a shadowed blurr? iIf it was spinning, wouldnt the camera still catch the blurred shadow of the blades spinning? I think it could be a toy

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

The reason the shadow is not blurred is the same reason the blades are not blurred. The shadow is still being cast at the speed of light regardless as to what frame rate the camera has.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
nah its a real chopper, this is the display routine that I seen at RAF Leuchars 2 years ago, i taken pictures with my camera and i get the same results, same with the Apache last year see link

www.flickr.com...

wee mad mental

exif data

Camera: Fujifilm FinePix S9600
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/450)
Aperture: f/4.9
Focal Length: 66.7 mm

[edit on 11/7/2009 by weemadmental]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Great video. I think seeing is NOT believing, because we are such bad eyewitnesses, and cameras are better but not much, and the phrase "cameras don't lie" is obviously not true as this video illustrates. It's no hoax, and no toy, it just shows some of the camera limitations like the "Rod" videos do.

It's amazing that the shutter speed of the camera and the blade rotational speed synced so well for so long to produce this effect.

Thanks for posting it!

new topics

top topics

join