It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been getting tired more earlier lately.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Let me explain. I tend to have a problem of getting to sleep. I have as of late been getting tired earlier. I don't understand why it is that I'm starting to get tired earlier. I used to get tired when it was around 3 Am. Now I'm getting tired at a far earlier time. It's like 11:08 PM and I'm getting tired. What could be causing this?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Age. Boy was that an eye opener the first time I was completely dragging after pulling an all nighter.

It could also be stress or depression, both of which sap your energy and physiologically cause you to sleep more.

It could also be a change in activity level or schedule. When I first started working in the corporate world, I couldn't believe how tired I was at the end of the day. After all, all I did was sit in front of a computer programming websites. Yet, the mind gets fatigued, too.

If you have a new schedule, the times where you're most active could be effecting the times where you used to be more alert.

Plus, if you don't have anything to do later at night, because friends have school or work that you'd usually hang out with or whatever, the external motivations for alertness would be gone and your body might just be screaming, "Finally!"

So lots and lots of reasons

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Might also want to consider lower carbs for dinner...

A few years back I stopped Bodybuilding for many reasons, not the least of which was the damage to my body, but anyway, I started eating a lot more carbohydrates and junk... I too started feeling really tired especially in the evenings and after meals...

I have since gone back to low carb, NOT zero carbs, just low and my energy is back up and I feel much better...

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Hey Frank,

Like the guys said above, it could very well be your metabolism changing with age or with diet. Stress also plays a big part, as well as seasonal changes. It could also be a simple temporary thing that one's body clock goes through. Heck some folk might tell you it's related to sun flares.

Give it some time to see if it reverts back to what is normal for you, and should it cause you additional stress or worry, it's never a bad idea to go to see the doc for a general checkup.

You know, to tell you the truth I'm a little jealous, no matter how long I've been awake I can't fall asleep before 4am.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I agree with all of the above, also get your thyroid checked, just to make sure the levels are correct..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am having the same problem and went to my doctor yesterday and found my red blood cell count to be low.

It's supposed to be 12.4 and mine was 7.

The doctor ordered several blood tests and I Will know the results next Tuesday.

An easy test is to pull your bottom eye lid down and check out the color. If it's very pale you may have a low blood count.

top topics

join