It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just posted my first MUFON report! ...has anyone seen anything like this before??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
this event just happened to me about one hour ago, and i finally decided to go through the effort of sending a report to MUFON for the first time, even though i've had many sightings similar to this before.

here's what i wrote, and for a while you can view it while it's on their "Last 20 Reports" page (mine's the one from NC, US):

"bright object remained in one spot, then faded away as 3 more "dots" appeared right beside it, in the shape of ")"

i was outside smoking a cigarette, looking up as i usually do, skywatching. it was still blue skies outside in Gibsonville, North Carolina, and there wasn't a single star in the sky - i looked hard, too. the sunset was scheduled tonight for 8:38pm, and it was now shortly after 8:50pm.

i watched a car pass by, and when i looked back up, i saw this bright object, as bright as Jupiter, directly above my head, at 12 o'clock. it wasn't moving, as i had stationary power lines right above me to determine movement. i watched it get slightly brighter, and after watching it for about 5 minutes, my neck started to hurt from looking straight up. i looked down to stretch my neck for a second, and then looked back up, only to notice that the star-like object is starting to slowly fade away. as it fades, i see another "dot" appear RIGHT beside it - it looked like a millimeter away from my point of view. then both objects stopped fading, and another dot appeared right beside the second one, and finally, a third object appeared right beside that one! they were in the shape a single parenthesis ")"... once they seemed to make that shape, two of them (the second and fourth one) faded away, leaving 2 left (the first and third one). then those last 2 faded away together, until i could just barely see a faint "smudge" of white in the sky. they then faded completely out of view, and i watched for five more minutes, only for nothing to return. ...the whole event last for approximately 5 minutes.

by the way, i saw just about the EXACT same thing a year ago, where it started as one bright "star", straight up, while the sky was still blue. then as it faded, more "stars" appeared directly beside it, forming the shape of "(". then they all slowly faded away at about the same moment. again, no movement at all - just what seemed to be at a VERY high altitude directly above my head. this was also at about the same time of day last year, too.

anyway, i'm just happy to see yet another "UFO" sighting!

mufoncms.com...

again, practically the same exact event happened to me last year, at about the same time of year, too. has anyone seen anything similar to this at all before?

as i said, i've had quite a few sightings before, and they seem to happen more often in the Spring/Summer from 4pm-10pm. i've seen most of them in the daytime while the sky was still blue, and they usually just appear as a bright star-like object in the sky, as bright as Jupiter and its moons would be at nighttime. yes, i know the difference between a satellite and the ISS (spaceflight.nasa.gov...)... i've never heard one make a sound, and all of my experiences have been stationary objects, unmoving at a seemingly high altitude.

...and no, i don't have a camera or a video camera!!

thanks for reading my first published report, and please, feel free to comment!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Check out Maytreya....hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Good for you filing the report. I have seen something similar, although what I saw took position in a constellation, well what appeared to be a constellation. It is commonly thought that UFOs disguise themselves as stars and constellations, so what you saw is nothing unusual in that respect. Interesting stuff going on in our skies as of late.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
Check out Maytreya....hope that helps.

what exactly do you mean??

are you talking about the "new Buddha"?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

you know, i myself wouldn't doubt that they disguise themselves as stars or planets sometimes, too!

i usually have a pretty good grasp on what stars are where, thanks to a little program called Stellarium

by the way, i'm a little upset that many case reports on MUFON in the last few days describe a bright light in the sky moving in a straight path... i guess these people have never seen the International Space Station before...

these many cases can be found here from today and yesterday:
mufoncms.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by adrenochrome]

top topics

join