It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shreveport Citizens Disarmed By Police For 2nd Amendment Bumper Stickers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Maybe I'm dense but where did it say the man received his gone after the stop? Someone point to where?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Because when you apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon you are obligated to tell the officer. If you DO NOT you can have your license revoked and gun seized, for unlawful concealment. That is a privilage not a right. Your only right with regards to firearms is the right buy and own guns. Various states and cities can and do add additional regulations in regards to use, transportation, concealment and brandishing of firearms. As a matter of fact, I am not sure which state it is out west , still allows citizens to wear a holstered ,visible, sidearm on thier property. here in Florida we can't. So it is a matter of area. But as for a licensed, concealed weapon there is a set rule of law that is required for people to follow in order to maintain that privelage, and that is to notify officers allow them to secure the weapon at thier discretion.
Edit for atrocious spelling mistakes

[edit on 8-7-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by BO XIAN

The only tyranny we have is the kind people go along with, because it's to stop terrorists, or communism, or immorality, or for the children.

In other words, it's all voluntary tyranny.

Getting rid of guns won't stop that. However, it will stop people from killing each other with such an effective and simple tool.

Look, I know plenty of people who own guns and use them responsibly -- but something has to be done about this minority of retards who get access to them, then run around shooting people. What that something is, I don't know, but guns are clearly being misused every day, and people die because of that.

Maybe the solution is mandatory safety training? Maybe it's mandatory licensing? Maybe it's a big fat tax on guns, so people can't go buy 3 of them on a months salary?

I don't know. I would just like to see some preventative measures taken to stop people from shooting each other. Also, if somebody gets shot on your property, the law should be on the side of the property owner, not the victim who got shot.

The majority of crimes involving firearms are illegally-bought firearms.

You fail to understand that if someone wants to kill someone, they will get a gun. It has nothing to do with buying a gun legally.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

You fail to understand that if someone wants to kill someone, they will get a gun. It has nothing to do with buying a gun legally.

Absolutely True! It would be stupid to kill someone with a gun bought and registered to you!

Illegal guns are common place, and this isn't isolated to the US. AK47's grow on trees in Africa and the Middle East. Hand Grenades, Land Mines, and RPG's can be bought with little effort in these areas.

I don't think their is a gun problem in the US, and no amount of laws will ever keep guns out of criminal's hands.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Absolutely True! It would be stupid to kill someone with a gun bought and registered to you!

Illegal guns are common place, and this isn't isolated to the US. AK47's grow on trees in Africa and the Middle East. Hand Grenades, Land Mines, and RPG's can be bought with little effort in these areas.

I don't think their is a gun problem in the US, and no amount of laws will ever keep guns out of criminal's hands.

A prime example how gun control HASN'T worked, we only need to look to the UK and Washingtin DC.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

In Connecticut, there is NO requirement to tell any officer if you are armed. It's up to them to ask. However, if asked you must answer truthfully or your toast. Permit is rescinded and they may even confiscate ALL your arms!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Generally if you are licensed through the state it will show up once they run your name so either way he will know.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by hangedman13

Because when you apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon you are obligated to tell the officer. If you DO NOT you can have your license revoked and gun seized, for unlawful concealment.

This depends on the place the time and the cop. I've asked numerous cops in NH and CT. I think I need to know since I'm a pistol instructor and the question comes up in classes all the time. "What do you do if you get stopped and you're carrying?" I've gotten different answers from different cops. Some want to know, others dont want to know or care. Some will ask you to step out of the vehicle and secure it from you, others will ask you to keep your hands on the wheel. There isnt a clear "you must do this you must not do that" when the subject comes up. Evrn the AG of CT couldnt give me a straight answer.

Personally, I tell my students it's a concealed carry permit. Just hand the cop your drivers license and registration and go about the stop normally but if a cop asks you about weapons answer honestly and follow any orders given. It's concealed. Act accordingly.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This is a little sticky sometimes. I have had one cop get offended and say, "What is this? Is this some sort of threat?"

I was a little dumbfounded and told him I thought I was supposed to give him that. He said he didn't need it, gave it back, ran my license and then let me go without a ticket.

Maybe he was just grouchy that day?!?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by djvexd

In Connecticut, there is NO requirement to tell any officer if you are armed. It's up to them to ask. However, if asked you must answer truthfully or your toast. Permit is rescinded and they may even confiscate ALL your arms!

Zindo

Legally, I don't think they can confiscate "all" your fire arms but the one in question unless you are charged with a fellony. Do they charge you with a fellony for not telling the truth about a concealed weapon in CT?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't go so far saying this is a violation of 2nd amendment rights or the "next step."

It just seems like another racist incident by a white cop. Nothing new here.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

CT passed some law not long ago stating that if anyone for any reason whatsoever ever thought you were a threat the state can confiscate everything you own. You can appeal it to a special board but last I knew that board was being dismantled because of gross incompetency. There was like a 5 year waiting list for a hearing or some such nonsense. Keep in mind even without the board the law still stands so you get to lose all of your guns with no possibility of getting them back. CT is a great state.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

As a matter of fact, I am not sure which state it is out west , still allows citizens to wear a holstered ,visible, sidearm on their property.

Actually its not just out west that open carry is popular, even the Commonwealth of Virginia permits Open Carry as well as roughly a dozen other states.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Lieing to a police officer when asked a direct question is a felony and that can and does (in this state) trigger confiscation! If there is a way to screw with you here they will! Ask 'thisguyrighthere' !
dang he beat me too it!!LOL

Zindo

[edit on 7/8/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I like this..why?
Because now the repercussions for this foolish cops move will be vital in getting attention towards the public. Hopefully we get to see this in real news and the idiotic move of this one officer will let it be known that citizens are not going to be pushed around and that their rights are THEIR RIGHTS. We choose what we wan [for the most part], and no one shall infringe upon that. Thanks Mr. Officer, please sue these imbeciles pro-second amendment gentleman.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The KSLA article along with his own words say that his gun WAS NOT CONFISCATED. It was returned to him at the end of the stop. If an officer suspects you may be carrying a weapon during a traffic stop and you answer yes, then they take your gun from you and secure it for the duration of the stop until such time as it is deemed that the stop is concluded or no crime with the gun was or is to be perpetrated. (i.e. finding a ski mask in the vehicle with the gun).Edit to add: That is for ALL law enforcement agencies. Once you confirm you are carrying a weapon legally, you have conented to have that weapon secured during a traffic stop, if you have a license.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by djvexd]

Wow. It's like no one read his post..everyone posting about what they are going to do with the gun etc.

Doesn't anyone read the thread anymore?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I open carry in Washington. As long as my pistol is side strapped or chest strapped and completely visible it's all good. WA police don't really give me # either. the K-town police don't even check my SN anymore, they know it's my gun =)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that there's more to the story here, than what that JUNK news paper printed in it's article. The supposed author is with the National Gun Rights Ass.??? I don't buy it, and I'm suspiciouis of the whole atricle. Show me the IN-CAR VIDEO!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Don't forget to add: Only if the person lying is the subject/involved in a criminal investigation. IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO LIE TO THE POLICE IF YOU ARE THE SUBJECT OF A CONSENUAL ENCOUNTER.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

As a matter of fact, I am not sure which state it is out west , still allows citizens to wear a holstered ,visible, sidearm on thier property.

Several states still have open carry, as in Colorado. Have to be a little careful, some cities in the state don't allow it.

Only locations you cannot carry (that includes CCW) in government buildings, schools, bars and I think liqour stores as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join