It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

calling all obama believers! tell me why he's doing the right things

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Personally Speaking, He's told us time and time again, that everything is going to be okay,

Yep lots of people say everything is going to be ok. Just hearing that makes me belive it to LOL.

he is the leader of the country so, I respect his obviously well planned out words

Yep because everyone knows being the leader of the country means everything you do is well thought out and planned

he wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

Well all i can say to this is i bet you still believe in santa clause eh?
ROFLMAO
This is how Obama got elected. It seems to me this country is doomed because everywhere i look all i see is naive people who want change no matter what cost and have no real clue or care for the reality of what is involved in that so called change. If it was that easy to "change" things without upsetting the natural order of our society then why oh why has noone been able to come up with those answers yet. Obama doesnt have them he just says he does and he is catering to your fears and your desire for a better life. What magic does this man have that he can simply pull the answers to all our problems out his arse and walla! everyting is fixed mon! LOL

Get real. he is a politician saying whatever he can to get elected and become part of history. Where he is going with his agendas i dont know but i am like alot of folks who are genuinely worried about this man and i am not the type to be easily moved or worried by anyone.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by fizzy1]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
how do you all feel about house and senate voting on bills without actually reading them first? trusting that they are what they should be. like that 1200 page cap and trade with 300 pages added a few hours before the house vote. do you see that as a good thing that the legislative branch is in such sync?

Its kinda like my teenage daughter asking me can go stay the night with her friend tracy only to find out on saturday that tracy is a guy. LOL sure lets say yes or no to something we dont know what we are saying yes or no to. Isnt that how things are done?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I thought Republican08's post near the beginning of the thread was in full sarcasm mode but some people are answering seriously. nowdays it's hard to tell!

there really was a lot of optimism about this election. people thought that his lack of experience would lead to a new way of doing things in washington. it is still not clear to me why this hasn't happened at all. things such as making legislation available to the public to read before a vote. that wouldn't have been that hard. instead it isn't even being made available to those voting on it! that's not just a turn around, it's more like rubbing noses in the fact that a certain faction is in power.

also seems to be no change in adding unrelated items to bills to slip them under the radar, but maybe it would be too much trouble to vote on items separately.

somebody explain how taking over the car companies and promising to honor warranties fits into the constitution.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"Count Chocula" and "Turd"

I am sorry but... wait no I am not sorry.

Point blank, no respectful person should respond to a thread filled with garbage like this. These type of threads are pointless and all you will ever see are idiots posting in them.

I just popped in to "troll" my two cents. However, don't worry I will not be back to retort to all the foreseen garbage that will no doubt be thrown back at me.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm not exactly an Obama supporter, however voting is often for the least bad choice. Early on there was a fear of the damage Hillary could do in office, then there was the half-hearted effort by McCain who was a Democrat in Republican clothing. Palin said things McCain was too frail to say and resonated with a silent majority, but not enough to offset the expected attacks and McCains' support of Obama.

Watching this catastrophe I voted for Ron Paul.

If Obama were taken out of office, the PS2 (Presidential Successor ship) order looks far worse than Obama:

1 Vice President Joe Biden
2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi
3 President pro tempore of the Senate Robert Byrd
4 Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
5 Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner
6 Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
7 Attorney General Eric Holder
8 Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
9 Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
10 Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke
11 Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis
12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan
14 Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
15 Secretary of Energy Steven Chu
16 Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
17 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki
18 Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

None of these people should be running the country.

It would be interesting to see the rational comments by Obama supporters, but it's hard to read through the sarcasm from one side and fuzzy points of hope and change from the other.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

basically. Just another flame generating thread. That is where everyone is at.
People trolling for points as usual. *YAWN* trying to find reason for your own hate and ignorance.

Doesn't this ever get old?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

well you sure told us. me. i asked a question to see if anybody could tell me if there's anything left of the golden optimism about an obama presidency and you, like a true obamabot, shot it out of the water. you guys really slay me. can't even ask questions because you are so afraid somebody might say something that gets somebody to thinking. well never fear. this thread appears dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join