It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applying the 72 keys of solomon..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
what do you guys think (or perhaps experience)? is it possible to summon 'demons'? I've read a couple of grimore type texts before and it seems like a bunch of rubbish to me, but my curiosity does nag at me..

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
As a writer, I have, upon occassion, had characters in my books who were familiar with Cabal. Consequently, I have my own copy of the Keys of Solomon.

I use it as a reference book, exactly as I use dictionaries, thesaurus, etc. No, I would not recommend anyone play with the spells written inside that book. If my memory serves correctly, one must be completely purified, sanctified etc, before enjoining any spells.

Its very foolish to meddle inside the dark arts. Why, because it can do a number on your head.

If all you want to know is does this stuff work....go find a wiccan who is experienced in casting spells.

Little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

rad

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
and which Solomon are we discussing here?
The biblical, or the Rushdie?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The Keys of Solomon is a text from the Cabal, the esoteric wisdom supposedly passed down from the most intelligent man ever born, King Solomon of the Bible times.

It (the keys) has been treasured by magicians, etc and is available at Barnes and Nobles, probably Amazon too.

Solomon Rushdie is a horse of another color, metaphorically speaking.

rad

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If we're talking about Solomon, then you must also remember what happened to him for dabbling in things he was not supposed to be involved with. His is the often told story in the Old Testament, of those who compromise the truth by dabbling in mysticism, occultism, and pagan religions, which might seem more convenient at the time.

If you are to believe in the Solomon that the Bible speaks of (and I don't know if you do or expect you to), then you must also realize that his wisdom was a gift from God, and any book, Cabala or otherwise, which speaks of things in direct opposition to His (God's) teaching, was not the wisdom that he (Solomon) was so famous for.

I believe demons are real, and I believe that it is possible to summon them, but the summoner is never really in control. From a Christian perspective, it's the ultimate folly, for we know that nothing short of God can control a demon. Anything else is just gambling with your life (and soul).

But, of course, that's just my opinion, and who the hell am I?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wormwood

I agree wholeheartedly with your remarks. Solomon's gifts were from God. The lesson of his life is to use your gifts wisely, for greater purpose.

Dabbling with demons, devils, spirits of any kind is about the most foolish thing any human gets involved in. Curiousity is a human failing. My answers to the valid existance of the book is all I am willing to attest to. Its uses magical or otherwise I have left up to others to play with. But the I did follow the Keys ritual of purification for a character in one of the first books I wrote and published.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I was thumbing through my copy of The Keys of Solomon The King and I concur. Dabbling in this stuff is the Ultimate folly. Still, I think those Pentacles might make some really "Bomb" window stickers, especially for my car!

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Toelint]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My Birth Angel is Sachiel, as is my wife's. Now, Sachiel rules TWO Planets, the planet Neptune, and the planet Jupiter.

Does that mean I can use either of those planets Pentacles? I'm not particularly worried about the demon part, since the only names invoked are those of the Angels named in each of the Pentacles...I think.

But that raises another subject all together. Am I NOT allowed to summon other angels outside of my Birth Angel? (Since Sachiel has his own call sign.)

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Toelint]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i'm enjoying the commentary, but i was more aimed toward people that are actually experienced in the workings. i wouldn't try any of the rituals without an experienced person there, but i'm just really asking for personal experiences to read about

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Is this what you're talking about as being the Keys of Solomon?

THE KEY OF SOLOMON THE KING

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, here is a quick shot that I took at decoding Plate II, not completely, but most of it anyway.

Anyone care to check my accuracy?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
When it comes to "summoning" angels, Biblically that's not such a good idea either. However you look at it, demons and angels cannot be "sommoned", per se. They can be called, and, in the case of demons, it is their option whether or not to heed that calling (i.e. whether or not it would suit their purpose). Angels, according to the book of Hebrews, are sent by God to minister to the saints, and I don't believe they just come to people without God sending them.

I read Strigoi's last post, so won't post on this topic anymore. Just wanted to add my two cents concerning the "summoning angels" question.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What you have there is the Sixth Pentacle of Saturn. Here's what the book says about it...

"Around this pentacle is each name, symbolized as it should be. The person against whom thou shalt pronounce it shall be obsessed with Demons...

WATCH OUT!!

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Well, it looks accurate enough to me, although I wonder if THAT'S where the key for usage is. I DO like the versicle that goes with it though...

"The Ethiopians will kneel before Him; His enemies will lick the dust."

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i dont believe any of that from the king solomon.
it states in the alquran king solomon never practices MAGIC when he can do a MIRACLED which is from the permission from GOD is granted,so whose playing the magic.actually the jews people who sell them self to the satan
and the satan itself but the evil jews people and the satan blame and branded king solomon as a magic practicer.could you believe when GOD give you an nuke
but you still want to play with AK47 this doesnt make sense

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Why do you want to dabble in things you shouldn't be dabbling in?

King Solomon is the reason why there isn't a monarchy anymore in Israel. He did things he should have not done and he was punished greatly for it by God.

Personally, I don't think the Cabals was written by King Solomon.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
GOD did punished him that what the deed in his doing quite find.but about the magic ohhhhsss please
come on when Allah says solomon is clean from all what
evil thoughts people says.i believe straights to the point
be he jews or arab when Allah says so there is no turning point.please dont try to point at any spot

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
After reading the book THREE times, I've come to the conclusion that this stuff is WAY too sophisticated (complicated?) for simple folk like myself. Any involvement on my part would be simply for knowledge and a love for the art work.

If God's on my side, I surely don't need a wand, staff, poniard, or robe, much less a sword, and two different kinds or knives. In short, thanks but no thanks!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
WOW.... Antipigopolist!!! You got a real point there.....I agree with you!!

Why summon a demon when you can have the ultimate power of the Holy Spirit.

...fin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join