It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza conflict: Views on Hamas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
My whole view on Hamas or Fatah movements is that they both are rotten to the core and their strength is keeping the Palestinians divided amongst themselves. They are only looking out for their best interests and how to secure power for themselves at the expense of the suffering of their own people.

I wish the Palestinian people would see they (Fatah and Hamas) are the frauds and they (the Palestinian people) should run them out of Gaza and the West Bank. However, their (Fatah and Hamas) poison is so ingrained in Palestinian society that my wish is almost impossible. However, when the Palestinian decides to shed the shackles put on them by Hamas and Fatah they will be much better off. This will give them the opportunity to look at their situation with a clear and open mind. If they want a country of their own then they are going to have to shed their current strategy of lobbing missiles and using children as suicide bombers. There are other ways to make a country for themselves.

Clearly, their approach and policy for the last 60 odd years has been futile and meaningless. Fatah and Hamas thirst so much for power that by keeping their people dazed and confused they are the lords of the rubble.

This is pretty much the case, and I've expressed the same opinion as well.
Palestinians and Lebanese I have know expressed the same sentiment.

Yasser Arafat refined the formula of annually receiving hundreds of millions from Europe, the Middle East, America, every with his Palestinians the oppressed victims PR campaign. Notably he shied away from every deal with Israel because it would mean he was head of an impoverished state instead of a vast money generating enterprise.

The Palestinians have been jerked around for so long, they no longer are capable of looking at the world, at Israel, at themselves, with clear minds.
A true tragedy for their young whose suffering is part of the pity generating campaign.

Meanwhile their Arab neighbours and now Iran are pleased to have an internationally championed cause that acts as a useful deflection from their own brutal suppression of minorities and populace.

Mike

[edit on 13-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Your analysis is very eloquently put. I agree with what you are saying that both sides have dirty hands in the whole heinous affair we know as Middle Eastern politics. Granted the Palestinians are suffering, and no one can deny that, and some would say the Israelis are treating them with a heavy hand. However, lets put Israel aside for one moment and look at the Palestinian leadership and their corrupt ways. They have led the Palestinians for over 60 years and for that 60 years the quality of life for the Palestinian has not improved one bit. So as I mentioned earlier maybe it is time for the Palestinian to look inside their own house and take out the trash which is Hamas and Fatah. If they don't the peoples' very survival and viability is at stake.

Make no mistake that the Israeli pressure is only going to continue to get harder and harder if the Palestinians continue along their course. It's a terrible situation for the Palestinians and one of hopelessness and pain. However, it is up to the Palestinian to make it better and I think the terrorism and violence is only rotting them on the inside as a people. Live by the sword die by the sword.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Yeah, Hamas and Fatah most certainly do not have the Palestinians best interest at heart. And if things continue in the direction they are moving, something that will eclipse Operation Cast Lead is going to happen.

The problem is that the Palestinians have no other real alternative. I have heard many, many interviews and sound bites of Palestinians expressing their distrust of the Hamas government, feeling that they are at as much blame as the Israelis for their current situation. A good comparison would be Iran after the Shah was removed from power in '79: it was the ultimate alternative to the western-ran monarchy. From the second the Palestinians are born, they are thrust into a dark and violent world, and all they truly know is what their leaders tell them. Israel's actions seem to validate their words.

Sooner or later, I believe, change for the better will come. It will just be hard now with Hamas being backed by the regime in Iran, acting out their proxy war with Israel. And the real people who suffer are the people of Gaza, and also the people of Israel.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I agree with them. Both Israel and Hamas have become an evil belligerence to humanity.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join