It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye Abrasion, holy mother of !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So i'm like 99% sure I have an eye abresion or what looks like a nice fine cut along my eye.

Woke up in seering pain, and well the pain is still there....severe!

I tried looking it up and all I can find is go to the doctor go to the ER.

Well the ER is expensive, and I've already set up a eye doctors appointment tomorrow morning.

What I want to know is, how the heck do I stop the seering pain, there must be a little trick or something, it's unbelievably painful, and thinking about it makes it worse.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
:p so i'm guessing everyone on ATS has never had an eye cut... well don't I feel special!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not a doctor, but I do empathise...are you sure it's a cut? How did you do it? I did have an eye infection once, (just conjunctivitis) and I wear contacts, so let me tell ya.....a chilli pepper in the eyeball would have been kinder.

Even if it's expensive, go to the hospital...PLEASE get it treated asap....don't risk getting it infected of you could end up with really horrible problems. Your eyes are worth it...and you will be pain free sooner.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What C. said......Don't wait!! Get to the emergency room now. Don't worry about the expense!

They can help with the pain. Don't mess around with your sight!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yup, get it looked at right away. If you can get into an ophthalmologist, they are a god send when you do something like this. And once again, don't wait. Infection or something still in there can cause serious problems. I had a scare or two myself and learned to get in there right away, -it's always better.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well I'm going to the eye doctor first thing tomorrow morning, but the pain is darn near unbearable.

I'm afraid to sleep until then, because i'm afraid REM sleep will agitate the crud out of it.

At least this time i'm actually going to a doctor :p I usually never do!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've had my share of eye abrasions and had an infection one time that was essentially a cold sore on my eye -that sucked and is extremely dangerous as one would suspect. The reason I mention it is there are different treatments for different things and what helps one can make the others worse. The doctor has to look at your eye under a microscope and usually puts some dye in there to tell what's what. That's why I hate to say anything as far as treatment goes.

I will say one thing, usually laying down and closing your eyes makes the problem feel better. Your body has a few tricks up its sleeve. -Good luck, I know the feeling.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

Wow, God Bless you man, if you've had more then one eye abrasaion!

I don't think i'd ever do anything to get this again. I swear my face is stuck in a scrunched face on my right side, and photophobia is unbelievable.

I have Vigamox, but i'm afraid to take it until I see my doctor.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
After reading up on my eye thing to see if it's an abrasion for sure, i'm starting to think it's retinal detachment, which is a big oh sh!!!

I never see floaters, and i've experienced the (well generalized) symptoms, along with a false sudden shadown. Which is when the retina is being tugged on.

I can't be sure or not, because by legality i'm legally blind without contacts, and well I can't judge if my vision is worse compared to really really bad vision to start with :p. I found a little humour.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So guys, I made it in time, but I should've gone to the ER immediately!

Of course just getting over pink eye a few weeks ago, I felt that it had snuck up again, but it was much too painful to be pink eye.

Then I thought hmmm. maybe its retinal detachment, it fit, except there was extreme pain.....well there still is..

So then maybe it's CLARE, it fit, and that was my finally shot at figuring it out, and I fell asleep.

I go to the doctor, turns out its a flesh eating bacteria thats feeding off of my cornea! How friggin cool is that, I mean of all the things I was thinking, flesh eating disease was like not anywhere to be seen.

Although i'll be fine, well..... the jury is still out since it's been resisting the medication i've already been putting in it...which is bad news. I should be completely fine, but wow, flesh eating eye disease..... that'll teach me to swim!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Shesh oh Pete! WOW, I hope your going to be OK. I had a piece of dirt fly in my eye once and scratched it. That sucker hurt so bad I forced my then wife to take me to the doctor.

Had a patch on my eye for a few days and I got better. But that sucker stung like nothin else.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah it's painfull, I got a pain killer injected into my eye though, it was a blast trying to drive home!

I hope i'm ok too, but if it gets my eye, then just the surprise was a adrenaline rush.

I shouldve caught it though, me always looking at the worst case scenario didn't even think of this, my logical paranoia is slipping....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Flesh eating bacteria, Yikes. I haven't had that one yet. lol Hope they can knock it out quick.

I found out about eye problems and getting help the hard way too. To anyone out there, if there's something wrong with your eye get into a doctor immediately! Even if it's no big deal you'll be glad you did.

Ophthalmologists understand this very well and will take you right away (at least in my experience).

-I'm glad you have it heading the right way RP.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

Yeah really! Spot on!

Even a retinal detachment as severe as maybe is almost completely painless!

This jolted me for sure, its neat to think right now at this very moment, something is feasting on my eye, its so cool!

new topics

top topics

join