It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a Psychic Were Born Who Could Completely Control Their Abilities...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Yeah, .... ruining ones life as you put it. You are on to something there. Often times when one realizes they have an aptitude towards manifesting their thought as reality, ....

Often times our only true villain appears, .... Ourselves.

When someone becomes a slave to negative thinking, ... it seems like thier abilities are a drop in the bucket compared to the onslaught. .... and much effort is needed just for damage control.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Usually it manifests with some pretty strong intuition.. I'm just learning how to "read" or understand it now. But sometimes it's really crazy.. saying to someone you already knew what just happened,etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
astral projection,empathy,premonitions, and intuition

[edit on 3-3-2010 by shadow12]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

actually having this abilities makes me feel different idk why i have a outlook on life that kids my age just dont have. and i understand stuff and have seen stuff they would only see in a movie.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i also want 2 learn 2 control my abilities but im scared that it changes my life 2 much

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

If a Psychic Were Born Who Could Completely Control Their Abilities...

I think you may be jumping the gun a bit here.

How about starting with a thread titled 'If a Psychic Were Born Who Actually Had Any Abilities...'?

I challenge any of the self-proclaimed psychics on this thread to prove any paranormal abilities whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I think most abilities can't be proven simply BECAUSE they cannot be controlled.

I know this will sound gnarly, ... but it's like trying to verify the existence of Farts, ..... they are so random, and can be quiet, .... yet if you've done it, you know they exist.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I sometimes know when the phone is going to ring.

I can also make random good luck from thin air just by concentrating and being more aware. Useful when trying to cheer someone up.

They never believe me until the "thing" happens.
I wouldn't call it psychic, but more like being "in tune" with the world around us and recognising as of yet unhappened possiblilities.

Regarding "If A Psychic Were Born...."

They would be famous and respected...but not for long.

Religions would be running scared and begin hate campaigns and persecution if the individual didn't subscribe to that particular belief and therefore endorse it as "true", not to mention the cries of "messiah".

The individual would never get a moments peace.

They would wind up hiding in a cupboard and rocking back and forward until they come to take them away for experimentation in some hidden laboratory never to be heard of again.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I want to believe, I do. But you cannot bypass the laws of physics. Quite simply, the brain is not built as a transmitter. Michio Kaku, the most down to earth physic's expert (www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267838638&sr=1-5) stated this.

That's why all claims and rewards for the proof of any parapsychology have gone unclaimed. It simply is not possible in our current evolutionary model.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Yet remember, ... in a quantum universe reality and matter are directly affected by the observer.

in fact you could say, ... without the observer (us) reality would cease to exist.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I kinda liked your fart analogy, if a little disgusting...
...but I'm sure there is a science bod out there who could wade in and explain that farts can be measured by someone with the inclination to do so, and are therfore believeable and provable.

Which is really our problem....so much of this stuff is internal, personal, experiential...proof is just impossible in many cases, unless by communication, which is not an exact science, and is open to massive abuse by cold readers and the like. I know what I have experienced, but how can I prove to anyone what I see in my inner space? I would love to know how to do that.

Another problem I think we have collectively is that we don't know how to develop these senses properly. I believe that we do all have them, to some degree....like we all know how to sing in some way, but there will always be people who are better singers. Again, there is so much nonsense and charlatanism and egotism attached to this field of work, that it's hard to progress to any productive degree sometimes. The only guideline I find myself returning to again and again is that the only teacher we really need is Spirit, and we must do the work ourselves for it to have any real integrity. We need to develop our abilities and not rely on the paths of others, whether we see them as teachers or not.

Going back to the OP, I think there is a subsantial possibility that one person, with the right amount of focus, and intent of the hightest integrity could change the world. How do we know it's not happening already? We might feel like we are on our way to Hell on Earth, but there is maybe something powerful happening round us that we just haven't seen the results of yet. This is actually what I suspect might be happening...that there is energy, perhaps a group of many people, who are working for our best, without any fanfare or limitations, just to make sure that as much as possible in whatever upcoming storm there may be, we survive, and survive happily.

Perhaps we all have slightly different abilities anyway, and one way of teaching is never going to suit all people...again it's up to us to find out how to learn how to do this. Some of the most powerful things I have learned that stay with me all the time have been gained through silence and solitude, and often a generous helping of total despair, if I'm honest! I guess no-one said it would be easy...

Edit for rubbish early morning typos.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by caitlinfae]

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i predicted i would meet a csmf!!!!!! in an ats chat room ,who once played at ucsb!!!!!! ...this is your first thread

heh ,alot better then mine lol

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I know man, .. I saw your tattoo in a dream before I ever met you.

In the dream I was walking near the beach in santa barbara.... when some dude on rollerblades wearing a pink tank top rolled by waving at me, ...... he had a calligrapher mustache and your tattoo.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Some of the things that happen to me are how I can tell what one is about to say before they say, not quick enough to say it, but quick enough to hear it in my head before they say the word.
Another thing that baffles me is my 'third eye' which I can actually feel like I'm moving, which I can feel is above the middle of my eye brows.
I also have bizare yet in way truthful in to the real world before they happen dreams.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Ruler because: Typo

edit on 13-9-2010 by Ruler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I used to want to be able to write fiction. I quickly noticed that even thinking up a single character made me go off balance. The same thing happens if I try to play a piece written by another musician. My mind processes the shortcomings or compromises in the work and simply won't allow it. It is the ultimate judge, for me, the yes/no systems that feedback to my ability to keep going. It feels like I do what I do to find what I am, and then there's everything I could ask for. The whole world explodes with meaning, and I wonder how or what I could possibly use this for.

As for calling myself anything, well, that's the surest way to lose it. I am that I am, is about all.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would not say I am psychic or anything of the such...

But I have had, for the lack of a better word, intuition. I know something is gonna happen right before it happens. I've dreamt things that have actually happened later.

I don't know how or why it happens or what it all means... but this has happened all my life.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
well, obviously some dream psi here!
I love lucid dreaming and astral projection and anything involving dreams. Being a bit of a loner from an early age I think allowed me to develop my abilities. About 10 years ago I thought I'd try to do "psychic readings" for people and was absolutely amazed by some of the information that came through. I also have an analytical and skeptical mind so I wanted to prove to myself it was a real phenomenon and I did. Like the OP was saying, it seems that there are moments of pure "psychicness" and then other times it doesn't seem to pan out. In all my years of researching it, it appears to have a LOT to do with intention, relaxation and focus. If you can do those all the time you will probably have a high rate of accuracy.

The most incredible thing happened about a year ago. It seemed like I was literally manifesting certain things into reality. I'll try to explain but when dealing with these things it can be difficult to do. I'll preface it by saying it was either 1 of 2 things because there is no way it was mere coincidence. It was either that I was "picking up" that these things were about to happen (which is psychic in nature) or that I manifested it..either way it was incredible and all this took place in a period of one week so that is what made this freaky odd!

I lived at my residence for about 5 years and during that time the turn into my complex was bit tight and what made it tight was that the person who lived at the turn in had some large cinder blocks along the side of the turn that was their yard and through them they placed large landscaping timbers to make a sort of crappy yard fence. I drove in that night and I almost hit them for the 1000th time and I was angry but in a calm manner I thought "I wish they would move those blocks and make a nice turn in for everyone".
The next morning, I drove out and down to the highway (this was passed the blocks) and I was on my way to work. I stopped at the stop light and waited. While sitting there I noticed how all the markings on the pavement for the intersection were basically non-existent and when it rains you can't see any lanes or anything and I was passively thinking while sitting there that they need to repaint those and was looking at the lane I was in (which I couldn't tell).
I got off work and went to a friends house where they had a couple dogs and one was very old and had arthritis and had to be picked up to be put in the house or in the car for travelling. I drove up and saw them trying to get her out of the car and into the house and she's a big golden retriever and heavy. I passively thought "I have been coming here for years...why don't they just build a ramp for her to walk up like people in wheelchairs need?" and went on in and visited.

I go home and when I drive up I notice the blocks are gone at the entrance! One day and they are gone. Wow, I was laughing to myself thinking I had done it but knowing it was probably coincidence. The next morning I drove out to the light at the street and the city had it blocked off and was repainting the lines on the pavement and I thought wow, this is freaky. (note: after going there day after day , they never painted ANY of the other markings at that intersection..only the one lane of all from every direction..the one I was sitting in that day). I got off work and went to my friends house 2 days later and was astounded when I drove up as I saw a ramp built to the house for the dog. BY this time I was convinced something was up. No way that is all coincidence. I asked WHY they built it wanting to hear their explanation and they just said "I dunno, I just though yesterday I should build a ramp" and they had been in that place for years!

So...after that I started concentrating on other things and I thought about winning the lottery ( had a ticket) and nothing, nothing at all! The only thing I can figure is that it was due to passive thoughts that seemed to help others and not myself. I've had a few more but spread out from time to time so yes, "thoughts are things" as Edgar Cayce mentioned meaning they do manifest at some level so be careful what you think. This could also account for the logic of The Secret in that like attracts like so thinking positively can bring it to you.

The only other thing was remote influencing which I posted in another thread so I won't state that here except to say when I asked they person why they did what I was trying to influence they said in a zombie like state "I dunno, I just did". Freaky !

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

...... The World Would Change.

.... Are you psychic ?

yes
I magic spell cast for my abilities,
thereby I have "complete control" of my abilities,
since they conform to the definition(magic spell) which created them.

.... maybe not all the time, but somtimes ?

many chakra's be available for exploration.

Have you ever done something that seemed beyond your ability ?

Well if I've done it, then it's within my ability.
Though regularly I have better than expected events occur.
Though I have magic spell cast for that to be the case.

Psychic's usualy encompass a large variety of abilities ....... tell us about yours !!! .... experiences, premonitions, accomplishments , goals, ... or just attitude towards psychics.

I made a thread about being a gray alien in past life,
it also covers many other past lives.

I guess I should be more specific, ... by psychic abilities, ...
I dont just mean premonitions,

I typically call it precognition. from sixth chakra third eye

..... there's also psychokinesis,

from eights chakra local

telepathy, automatic writing,

from seventh chakra movement or channeling or resonating (becoming one with)

astral projection,

that could be planetary 9 , star system 10, galactic 11, universal (real) 12, multiversal (exist) 13, metaversal (mixed portal world) 14

simply intuition

that's 6th chakra again,

or empathy.

7th chakra

yep. organization allows us to develop in a well focused manner.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

In your first post you asked us to share some of our experiences so I'll share just one of mine...

When I was early in high school I had a vivid dream... nothing in this dream was familiar.... I was standing in a kitchen cooking, looked down to the dinning room... the kitchen was like a short version of a galley kitchen... sitting on the floor was a little girl in pig tails wearing cute girly overalls and a short sleave white with red butterfly shirt... and I woke up...

The dream was SO vivid and it stayed with me for a few days... but then I forgot about it... being new in high school, the school work, the football games, the dances... fun, fun days.... anyway... years later I got married, then a year after that I had a child... a little girl...

We were in our third apartment when I was in the kitchen cooking... I looked down to the dinning room and there sat my toddler baby girl... in her little blond pigtails and in the red overalls and red and white butterfly shirt... playing with her blocks...

The dream I had in high school rushed in... I hadn't thought of that dream in years... the scene was EXACTLY to the tee what I had dreamt...

I have since that time known the difference in the dreams that are just nonsense, (a mixture of different emotions, life happenings, ect) and a glance into the future... I've since then never mistook the important dreams..

And there ya go... just one of my experiences...

Needed to edit because some of you might think that the dream had some influence on the clothes and apartment we had and I that I subconsciously made it a reality...

No, no... we didn't have a choice on what apartment we had, we were a struggling new family. The outfit my daughter was wearing was a gift...

Anyway... this is just one of the events in my life... take it for what you will.

edit on 14-9-2010 by OceanStone because: Had to add to the story...

edit on 14-9-2010 by OceanStone because: Had an extra word,,, good googly moogly!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join