It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Stimulus Talk Stokes Fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks fell to their lowest level in more than two months on Tuesday as talk of a second government stimulus plan added to concerns that the economy is not recovering as fast as hoped, ahead of what is forecast to be a weak earnings season.

Link to article

When will they learn? I guess they won't be happy until they completely run everything into the ground.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

I think that the "plunge protection team" has run out of money. Or else money is being drained off for bond auctions, reducing the amount available to prop up the equity markets.

I would like to participate more in any new stimulus program. They can send me a million bucks and I will spend it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Ya, the first one worked so well.
WTF?!? Are these people completely incapable of learning from their mistakes?

What we really need is a good house cleaning; let's start with the White House and then move on to the House of Representatives, and so on.

I see dumb people...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but when I check my bank account and see that I have no money in it and need to pay bills, the very first thing I do is take out a loan and start spending like crazy. That way I can guarantee I will generate more money, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Your point is taken, but then again it's YOUR money in the bank account and YOU are the person who will be responsible for overdrafts and future debt. Now, if your account was full of other peoples' money and those same people would be held responsible for your excesses, imagine how much fun you could have running up debts! It would be like children in a cnady store with daddy's credit cards or, dare I say, like a bunch of fiscally irresponsible congressmen, senators, and a president holding the abillity to run up as much debt as they wish by simply mortgaging our present prosperity, future dreams, and blood, sweat, and tears of past generations... oh, wait... heh, I guess that last analogy wasn't really an analogy at all, but rather a synopsis of exactly what's happening right now.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is all an illusion. At least that is how I feel about it. We worry about not having money to back up what we have spent, right?

We are mere mortals who only have a finite amount of money. The money we have, we must earn. The people at the top, however, are exempt from this. No one is privy to the true amount of our debt anymore, which means that they can print up as much as they like and it will never matter. How much is in circulation? We don't know because they will not disclose it.

Federal Reserve Notes are not backed by anything other than the fed's promise it is worth something. Period. Do they care if they are printing money 24 hours per day? Nope. Irrelevant at this point. Especially now that most of the currency is just ones and zeroes in a computer network database. No serial numbers on notes, but transaction numbers in a datastream.

Money is vapor and not real anymore. You can now exist in our civilization and not touch one paper note or coin. Imaginary money moving on imaginary spreadsheets that we are told are real. We fear what we do not know. Yes, the economy is tanking, but because we are told it is tanking. It is such an evil thing really.

One huge scam of people telling us how valuable this note is and how it is worth X amount of stuff. In reality, you can find the resources in nature and create your own stuff with your own hands and then you tell THEM how much money your stuff is worth.

Round and round we go. Vapor... nothingness, bought and sold.

The second stimulus will only work if they tell us it is working and people get jobs to go buy and sell vapor again.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If the government can print and spend money by itself, why do they need our us or to tax our money?

They're going to continue to borrow and print and spend and burn money in worthless investments.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
If the government can print and spend money by itself, why do they need our us or to tax our money?

They tax you to control you.

Next line.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Originally posted by Dbriefed

They tax you to control you.

Next line.

Doesn't that piss you off though? Isn't that our forefathers decided to become America in the first place? To not be controlled?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thedtrain

Oh yea it pisses me off to no end.

They can print money.

We have to work and put our time and our sweat into the money we earn.

The reason why the government is so brutal about collecting taxes even though no amount of taxes will ever pay for the spending is because they lose total control if we don't give them what our time and work has earned.

new topics

top topics

join