It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does it come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey guys! I here people say the Nazca lines were made because the ancients were seeing alien space craft flying around everywhere and thought we need to communicate with them. If I were an ancient Nazca I would look in the NIGHT and day sky and see the moon, WOOOW. But I would think well maybe somebody lives there so lets try to communicate with them because maybe somebody does live there. Academic archaeologist say, oh well they are just irrigation channels which is nonsense and there is no say about it anywhere ever. Where do these neuron sparks in peoples brain even come from, let alone a full fledged theory on this? Putting my white lab coat on!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

Firstly, I'd like to applaud you for having an idea about Nazca Lines I've never heard before! It's an attractive idea and why not? Maybe they just loved the idea about people on the Moon looking back? A lot of people lie on their backs and look to the stars wondering if anyone out there is wondering the same thing...I know I've done it

The problem with the idea is finding any support for it...The lines have been studied intensively for decades. The geoglyphs have been compared to other Andean symbols and represent fertility symbols. The process of how they were created has been reproduced using contemporary methods. The conclusions are that the lines were *probably* created for fertility of the population and the surrounding landscape.

As is usual for early cultures, there was a focus on religious practice and the attentions of the gods. If the lines were trying to communicate with anyone in the skies it was probably the 'gods.' The Nazca area is spit dry and a harsh environment to thrive in. Asking for good fortune or the favor of rain gods may well have been an important aspect of their lives.

join